G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

TPMS and AF rims ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
TPMS and AF rims ?

ok so i want to get aftermarket rims for my X finally within a week or two. found a few that id like, however i would need the TMPS sensors correct?

what do you guys do that have rims did you leave it off?? or did you swap them or get additional set. dealer wants like $100 per sensor.
any ideas and suggestions where to get some would be great thanks

Old 03-24-2008, 08:02 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
hey,
what most of us have done is to get the TPMS removed from the stock and fit them into our new wheels and keep the stock as a a winter set with regular stems, WITHOUT TPMS as there are no adverse affects only the yellow warning light stays on, or you can buy a new set for about $350+.
Good luck

Old 03-25-2008, 02:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ask your rimshop, some due it for free

Old 03-25-2008, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
hey,
what most of us have done is to get the TPMS removed from the stock and fit them into our new wheels and keep the stock as a a winter set with regular stems, WITHOUT TPMS as there are no adverse affects only the yellow warning light stays on, or you can buy a new set for about $350+.
Good luck
thanks ya $350 i paid less for my springs lol. i would be willing to pay like $50 a piece not over $300 and the cheapest quotes from the dealers that i got was $120 a piece.
but i guess thats what i will have to do is just switch out the stock sensors and put them in the other's.
does anyone know is it hard to mount them on the aftermarket rims or how it stays in there?

Old 04-01-2008, 03:16 AM
Why bother buying a G35 when $350 for TPMS sensors are too much money. I am getting a set of 18" enkie for my 07 G35X, with goodyear eagle F1's mouted, balenced with TPMS sensors and shipped for $2100 from Tirerack.

I just find people very flakey who buy these nice cars, and then try to cut corners on aftermarket parts. Buy a civic if that is a chase.

You know how much of a loser you would sound to your firends in your car saying "Oh my tires are fine, the light is just on cause the sensors for my tire pressure montaring system where too expensive at $350."

I would rather leave the stock wheels then not do it properly.

Next thing you are going to tell me you take your car to MR. LUBE for oil changes cause the dealer is too expensive.

I bet you put a lot of regular gas in your car too cause premium is too expensive.

I am sorry for being so hard on you, but I really hate people who spend the money on cars like these and then a set of tpms sensors seems expensive. Clearly your overextending yourself trying to buy a car like this, you should have gotten an altima or something.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:08 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Thanks bro....

ya, you are probably right, all of us who transfered our tpms from stock wheels to AF wheels and DID NOT buy new TPMS are all bums with no money, who try to cover our short comings with the G...

thanks for the reality check bro

enjoy your new wheels

Old 04-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by JoryWLU
Why bother buying a G35 when $350 for TPMS sensors are too much money. I am getting a set of 18" enkie for my 07 G35X, with goodyear eagle F1's mouted, balenced with TPMS sensors and shipped for $2100 from Tirerack.

I just find people very flakey who buy these nice cars, and then try to cut corners on aftermarket parts. Buy a civic if that is a chase.

You know how much of a loser you would sound to your firends in your car saying "Oh my tires are fine, the light is just on cause the sensors for my tire pressure montaring system where too expensive at $350."

Next thing you are going to tell me you take your car to MR. LUBE for oil changes cause the dealer is too expensive.

I bet you put a lot of regular gas in your car too cause premium is too expensive.

I am sorry for being so hard on you, but I really hate people who spend the money on cars like these and then a set of tpms sensors seems expensive. Clearly your overextending yourself trying to buy a car like this, you should have gotten an altima or something.

?

Good way to say hi.

You hate people like suby ha?

You need to order some people skill from someplace right beside your TPMS sensor.

Suby don't worry about him.

tg

Old 04-01-2008, 12:16 PM

Why do you assume it's a money issue??? In my case I need two sets of rims (summer and winter) since I live in a cold climate. Why shoud I buy another set of sensors if I will have to go to the dealer (200 miles away) twice a year just to pay 50 bucks to have the sensors re learned??? Doesn't seem practical to me regardless of the money I may, or maynot have!! This car should be able to learn two sets of sensors. Period!! Until then, I will gladly remove my sensors, mount them in a piece of PVC pipe. Fill up the pipe to 30lbs and chuck it in the trunk. Problem solved.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Suby,

Don't mind the A$$hat...check out the marketplace you maybe able to find a set for a good price. Sure they're used but better than paying the full $350...I purchased a set for my 04 coupe for about 110..Just keep your eyes peeled.

And for the record...I have two sets of TPMS...sure one used but that might be as if i'm trying to "cut corners"

Old 04-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Calm down lol..

To the OP, I say just take them off the stocks.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Curious, is there a fuse that can be removed to deactivate the TPMS system?

Old 04-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by mossman
Why do you assume it's a money issue??? In my case I need two sets of rims (summer and winter) since I live in a cold climate. .
that is my exact case.

as for now i think i will try transferring my stock ones to the AF rims and if they fit i will leave it like that and at winter time i will look for some sensors then or just get some from the dealer and put those in my stock tires. at least by then i will have collected some cans to afford them.

and also thanks a lot to everyone who has actually answered my question

Old 04-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by suby01
that is my exact case.

as for now i think i will try transferring my stock ones to the AF rims and if they fit i will leave it like that and at winter time i will look for some sensors then or just get some from the dealer and put those in my stock tires. at least by then i will have collected some cans to afford them.

and also thanks a lot to everyone who has actually answered my question
Don't forget if you do this and have two sensors, you have to go back to the dealer each time you swap. Kinda stupid if you ask me, but the car won't remember 2 sets of sensors.

Old 04-02-2008, 04:35 PM
^^Yeah I agree...I found out it was 5 sensors max...Also find out if you AF wheels can take the sensors...I recently found out with my wheels the TPMS sensors are too big to fit in the valve stem hole so rather than drill (which I've been advised that may not be a good idea by my wheel shop) I'll have to run without it....sigh...

Old 04-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Hi ya Suby,,, wondering if you, like me, and a few others still have ( slow car syndrome) you know ( only 130) lol,, I am wondering if your still working on that, or have given up on the top speed thing.... I would like new wheels also,,, but after i fix the limiter problem.... good luck with your wheels!! regards...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TPMS and AF rims ?