G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Bad Day

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad Day

So I took my 08 IP g35s 6MT for a schedualed oil change yesterday. Now let me start off by saying that one of the main reasons i bought this car was because of how impecable i've heard the service department is. I bought my car december 22 2007 at Circle Infiniti in West Long Branch NJ. I have been treated great every time i've gone in there, if you ever decide to take your car there be sure to ask for Todd, hes the best service advisor I have EVER delt with and goes the extra mile to make sure your happy. Unfortuantly this past visit to the dealership was not so fun. It just so happened that it was todds days off that this occured on. when i arrive at the dealership and the lot attendant goes to get my car i see him get into my car which must of been sitting for a while because it was idling high as all cars do when the motor is cold, and procedes to pretty much spin my tires while bringing my car up. So i let that go. When i got home as i prepared to clean it as i do after all my services i noticed a large dent and paint missing on the underside of the front bumper. I went back to the dealership and they agreed to pay for the repair and gave me a loner for the days that the car will be gone for. unfortuante but things do happen. just thought i would let you guys know how great my day was...

Old 04-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
that sucks, take some pics

Old 04-04-2008, 10:57 PM
thats why i hate bringing my car to mechanics.

infiniti, jiffy lube, i get nervous no matter what.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:06 PM
always do a walk around your car before you leave the dealer

Old 04-05-2008, 06:26 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I take pictures of the car before I walk to the service desk. So, there is no disputing whether damage happened in their possession or not..

Old 04-05-2008, 10:53 AM
That sucks man...btw i have never heard overall of Infiniti's service being that great, i hear tons of bad stories...

Old 04-05-2008, 12:14 PM
ckp
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow he spinned your tires? i would have gone APE Sh*T on him if he woulda done that to my car. especially since our tires last only like 15k miles or so!

Old 04-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by truzaro23
"when i arrive at the dealership and the lot attendant goes to get my car i see him get into my car which must of been sitting for a while because it was idling high as all cars do when the motor is cold, and procedes to pretty much spin my tires while bringing my car up. So i let that go"...
It's sad that this happened but it's good that you took it back and that they are going to repair the damage, as they should. Be sure you thoroughly inspect the repair work and get written warranty. Bumper materials can be tricky to prime & paint. I would suggest you should get something for the inconvenience they have caused you. Perhaps a good pro detail inside and out would be justifiable. BTW, I think you should have said something to management about the guy driving your cold car that hard. It is your right as a client to make legitimate complaints. When some knucklehead wants to drive your car like he owns it then he should be reprimanded for it. I hope your car looks new again when it's repaired!

Last edited by rpm&my_G35; 04-05-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:11 PM
yea it was hard watching a lot attendant drive my car like that and i did go ape sh*t. I was pretty much screaming at the service manager and i think i got my point across. I think now that the bumper is being repainted im going to have a clear bra put on it. It almost worked out in my advantage because i did have some small rock chips on the bumper and was planning on having it repainted anyhow. Thanks for all the replys and I will keep you guys posted on how it comes out...btw they also gave me a 2008 g35x with no miles on it to drive in the mean time so i can't really complain...

Old 04-09-2008, 01:34 AM
Another bad day

went to pick up my car earlier today and could not believe my eyes. it looked as if the body shop tried to just touch it up and spray some clear coat over it...the dent was still visable!... I obviously did not accept the car back until it was done correctly so we'll see how that comes out...Incidentally, i got a survey through email today asking me how my expereance with my service was....lets just say i let them have a peice of my mind..... keep you guys posted YET AGAIN on how the car turns out....

Old 04-09-2008, 02:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by truzaro23
went to pick up my car earlier today and could not believe my eyes. it looked as if the body shop tried to just touch it up and spray some clear coat over it...the dent was still visable!... I obviously did not accept the car back until it was done correctly so we'll see how that comes out...Incidentally, i got a survey through email today asking me how my expereance with my service was....lets just say i let them have a peice of my mind..... keep you guys posted YET AGAIN on how the car turns out....
Give them hell. I went through a pretty bad experience with the TSB for the ICC surging issue. Actually I'm still going through it right now, long story short, its taken them over two months to get my ICC fully replaced. I've been there and back 3 times and its still not fully fixed.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:15 AM
WARNING: Do Not, I Repeat, DO NOT let Infiniti paint or detail your car!

Old 04-09-2008, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by 07SilverG
that sucks, take some pics

you swear you need evidence of a dent and paint chip!!!