G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Do Loaner cars get tagged as loaners when they sell them?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 03:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do Loaner cars get tagged as loaners when they sell them?

Hey guys, this thought just crossed my mind as I was thinking of getting a used 2nd Gen G35 sometime in the future.

Just curious, I'm assuming the dealers just sell DEMOs and Loaner vehicles when they get too old or ragged (when do they get rid of them anyway).

so I was wondering... when they start selling them, do they LIST it as being used a loaner vehicle? Is this a requirement?

I would not buy a demo vehicle or one that was used as a loaner because we all know what kinda abuse those cars go through.

So yeah... just curious if it's mandatory to disclose that the car was used as a demo, loaner, or rental. Thanks for your help!

Old 04-07-2008, 03:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cerritos infiniti tech told me they sold their loaners at 30K miles.. dunno if they disclose if it was a loaner though

Old 04-07-2008, 09:09 AM
Some dealer do some don't.

tg

Old 04-07-2008, 09:16 AM
I think it varies by dealer and brand. Here in Indianapolis, the BMW and Infiniti dealership are owned by the same company.

On their BMW side, they list the loaners as "Company cars" and mention they have never been titled. They are selling 2006 3 series with about 9k-12k miles. These used to be the loaners.

I know that the Infiniti side has 07 G35's as loaners. I assume that late this year they will be selling these, especially if the 09's are G37's. I would assume that they would list them the same.

Bottom line, get it writing that they aren't. If they have never been titled before, it's definitely a loaner.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:56 AM
i never thought about it this. i would hate to buy a loaner car

Old 04-07-2008, 10:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The guy at sewell told me that they get a lease from Nissan on their service loaners, and they have to keep them for 2 yrs, and after that they send it back to Nissan, and they "dispose" of them (auction)

I would think they would mark them as loaners, but who knows.

Has anyone else noticed that all service loaners are silver? or is that just here at Sewell?

Old 04-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Loaner cars (on the rare occasion that we sell them) are clearly labeled loaners.

However, I believe the loan cars we have at our dealership are leased directly from Infiniti, and are returned to Infiniti as a lease return.

Our loaners are all different colors.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Dealer demo's

Old 04-07-2008, 12:50 PM
I had stumbled upon several loaners over the internet that a dealer in the DC area was selling last fall. The prices were very good so I contacted them about the cars. They did not indicate they were loaners, even after contacting them via email, but a couple of things I noticed told me right away they were loaners:

1. They did not have premium package

2. On the Carfax, they were listed as "fleet vehicle" during the previous registration.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by jkat13
I had stumbled upon several loaners over the internet that a dealer in the DC area was selling last fall. The prices were very good so I contacted them about the cars. They did not indicate they were loaners, even after contacting them via email, but a couple of things I noticed told me right away they were loaners:

1. They did not have premium package

2. On the Carfax, they were listed as "fleet vehicle" during the previous registration.
Could've been rentals. I know at least Enterprise rents G35's. To be sure you don't get a loaner, get a 6MT or a Coupe...

Old 04-07-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by kvangil
Could've been rentals. I know at least Enterprise rents G35's. To be sure you don't get a loaner, get a 6MT or a Coupe...
We do sell rentals, but they are clearly marked in big BOLD all caps red letters "PREVIOUS RENTAL".

The customer is actually required to sign a document acknowledging that they know that the car was previously a rental.

Laws outside of CA may be different.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Wish that was the law everywhere, but unfortunately I believe here in Illinois it's not law. I looked at the IL attorney general's page on used car laws, and they simply advise consumers to get a vehicle history report to see if a car's been used as a police car or a fleet car....

Old 04-07-2008, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

Mike @ Riverside... is it just your dealership that does this or is it all dealerships within California? Just curious...

Also what's a good way to make sure that the car you buy is NOT a loaner/rental/demo car? Get a carfax and check when it was registered? If it wasn't registered within a couple miles then its a loaner?

Old 04-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by SeCsTaC
Thanks for the replies guys.

Mike @ Riverside... is it just your dealership that does this or is it all dealerships within California? Just curious...

Also what's a good way to make sure that the car you buy is NOT a loaner/rental/demo car? Get a carfax and check when it was registered? If it wasn't registered within a couple miles then its a loaner?
The Buyer's Guide is CA law.

Previous rentals.... well theyre SUPPOSED to be marked....

Rental cars will have a rental history show on the Autocheck/Carfax

Old 04-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Does this apply to loaners and dealer demo's as well?

Sorry if I sound redundant, I just want a clear grasp on this so I dont buy a car thats been beaten to within an inch of its life for all its life...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do Loaner cars get tagged as loaners when they sell them?