G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Car got keyed.... :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by imnotplutonium
right, because that is reasonable

It is statistically safer to back into a parking spot. You are much less likely to hit something if your first move is forward from being parked. I took a class on safe driving for my work last summer. They had a mandatory rule that in the parking lot you must back into a spot. It caused less accidents and really is not that much more effort.

I guess I have been used to it ever since, I don't always do it but by backing in I do not think that validates someone keying my car.
yeah it's much safer to back into a spot, not to mention it gives you better manueverbility.

yeah, not sure anything deserves getting key... well maybe purposely taking up 2 spots in a full lot.

Old 04-14-2008, 04:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by imnotplutonium
right, because that is reasonable

It is statistically safer to back into a parking spot. You are much less likely to hit something if your first move is forward from being parked. I took a class on safe driving for my work last summer. They had a mandatory rule that in the parking lot you must back into a spot. It caused less accidents and really is not that much more effort.

I guess I have been used to it ever since, I don't always do it but by backing in I do not think that validates someone keying my car.
I would like to see your statistics on how much safer it is to back into a parking spot. and sure it's not "reasonable" as I roll my own eyes, but just think about the envious guys out there. Some people view backing into a parking spot as a form of bragging or showing off. And I don't really care if you don't believe that, because there are people that do. And I don't think you can justify that you back into a spot because it's "safer"...if you do, then I'm sorry but there are other things that can kill you rather than a parking lot accident.

Whenever I see a guy blocking my way in a parking lot to take his sweet time backing his 6 series into a spot, you know what I say to myself (what a douche).

Last edited by ugaexploder; 04-14-2008 at 04:39 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ugaexploder
I would like to see your statistics on how much safer it is to back into a parking spot. and sure it's not "reasonable" as I roll my own eyes, but just think about the envious guys out there. Some people view backing into a parking spot as a form of bragging or showing off. And I don't really care if you don't believe that, because there are people that do. And I don' think you can justify that you back into a spot because it's "safer"...if you do, then I'm sorry but there are other things that can kill you rather than a parking lot accident
not saying some don't do it to show off their car, but backing into a spot does give you more manueverability.

and in regards to it being safer... there's a reason valets are told to back into spots. especially in busy lots. i don't think you need to see stats to understand how it's much safer to pull forward out of a spot vs backing out of one.

Old 04-14-2008, 05:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i understand it might be easier to avoid fender benders but there isn't gonna be a 40 car pileup in a parking lot...

Old 04-14-2008, 08:26 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Some people view backing into a parking spot as a form of bragging or showing off. And I don't really care if you don't believe that, because there are people that do.
Whatever. Simple truth is, you mess with my car you best be prepared to escalate. I'm not living in fear of some kids' perception - oh no, I better not leave my sun visor down, someone might think I'm bragging - better not use my key fob to lock the doors, someone might think I'm bragging. You wanna scratch my car and run, I've got insurance, but then we both know what you are.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:22 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Some people view backing into a parking spot as a form of bragging or showing off. And I don't really care if you don't believe that, because there are people that do.
I've never considered the above, so this is news to me. If they have no clue as to how to back into a space and they're taking up a bunch of time then it becomes an annoyance, but most competent drivers can zip into a space almost as quick backing as going in forward. Maybe I've just got more important things to worry about