G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

2007 premium audio?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 08:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 premium audio?

I had a 07 loaner again today, and as much as I love it and planning to buy a new model this winter, the audio system doesn't seem to be as great as my 04 Bose system. And that's not saying much, as I think the Bose system in my 04 is "just ok."

Does the 07+ offer a premium system? I can't seem to find it in the options list anywhere.

I must say, the new VQ35HR is worth the price of admission. I think I'm gonna go with a G35s sedan. I miss shifting myself.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:37 PM
Out of many - one people
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by digitalgulby
Does the 07+ offer a premium system? I can't seem to find it in the options list anywhere.
Yes it does.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:43 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Yes, the '07 premium package includes a Bose system with multiple subwoofers etc. etc.

Sounds pretty good to me

Old 04-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Yeah as far as factory systems go, the Bose Studio on Wheels is pretty damn good.

I've been in a Bentley Flying Spur and an S55 AMG and the factory stereo in my car sounds better, but bass junkies won't be very impressed plus (in the '07 anyway) it lacks a lot of EQ adjustments. The '08's have options to tune the radio so that its more focused on the driver.

The Bose system includes 3 10" subwoofers (one in the front two doors and one in the rear).

Old 04-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Yeah I had an 04 with Bose and the 07 with Bose is far better. Much more balanced. I actually consider it a "premium" system whereas the 04s Bose was just an above average one.

The bass isn't that great in the 07 but that's fine since I don't like much bass anyhow.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:46 PM
That's great to know. I've always been very unimpressed with the Bose in my 04. I'll have to to go look at one with the Bose stereo. Thanks!

Old 04-22-2008, 11:34 PM
Yeah it seems since they started using "Studio on Wheels" things got better. The M35/M45 SOW system is even nicer, but I've been happy with the Bose system in the 2nd gen G. I have a pretty high-end home system and have had very nice custom car setups before and I'm happy with it. It beats the HELL out of our 02 MDX's BOSE.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:05 AM
Wei
have the prem pkg and i think the sound system is pretty good, of course if you're still looking for super duper supreme quality stereo, just install an aftermarket system instead, but i'm happy with the prem pkg stereo upgrade

Old 04-23-2008, 12:03 PM
I have to chime in here...I've driven both a "base" model G35X and a "premium package" equipped with the Bose stereo literally side by side.

At first, the Bose equipped car sounded much better, but then an a simple adjustment was made on the base model car in the Audio options: I can't remember exactly what it is called but its something like "stereo eq" or "Sound virtualization". Anyways, its in the Audio options

Initially, the stereo felt like less "spacious" sounding but after a few minutes, began to sound really good especially after adjusting the base, mid and treble. Live music really sounded significantly better as well.

Then we took the same CD and played it in the base car, then took it and played the same CD/song in the BOSE car. At lower/average levels, they sounded remarkably similar, but at louder levels the BOSE sounded a little better with a more full sound.

Go figure! One last note: I recently traded in a '99 Lexus (which had the Nakamichi stereo system) in on a brand new 09 RX400h, which has the Mark Levinson stereo...both of these stereo systems make the BOSE sound flat and unremarkable, comparatively. All in my opinion of course. I feel the BOSE in the Infiniti needs an equalizer to get more potential out of it!

Last edited by Ripmaster; 04-23-2008 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Ripmaster
I have to chime in here...I've driven both a "base" model G35X and a "premium package" equipped with the Bose stereo literally side by side.

At first, the Bose equipped car sounded much better, but then an a simple adjustment was made on the base model car in the Audio options: I can't remember exactly what it is called but its something like "stereo eq" or "Sound virtualization". Anyways, its in the Audio options

Initially, the stereo felt like less "spacious" sounding but after a few minutes, began to sound really good especially after adjusting the base, mid and treble. Live music really sounded significantly better as well.

Then we took the same CD and played it in the base car, then took it and played the same CD/song in the BOSE car. At lower/average levels, they sounded remarkably similar, but at louder levels the BOSE sounded a little better with a more full sound.

Go figure! One last note: I recently traded in a '99 Lexus (which had the Nakamichi stereo system) in on a brand new 09 RX400h, which has the Mark Levinson stereo...both of these stereo systems make the BOSE sound flat and unremarkable, comparatively. All in my opinion of course. I feel the BOSE in the Infiniti needs an equalizer to get more potential out of it!
That's interesting. I have heard good things about the Levinson system, but I must say the one in my dad's old '03 LX470 he had a few years ago was pretty weak if you ask me, especially on the mids to lows. Very clear highs though, I will give it that. Also, the Levinson equipment you find in Lexus vehicles is a friggin joke compared to the home audio equipment. Just take a look at the internals of a Levinson component and you'll immediately see why the name shouldn't even be on the car systems.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by Ripmaster

I agree

Old 04-23-2008, 11:35 PM
As a previous Lexus owner myself, those guys dont go half hearted on luxury appointments, the ML system is far ahead of the BOSE. They may be blamed for building cars that drive like boats, but that is where the criticism ends.

I still love the BOSE though, its better than avg

Old 04-24-2008, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by 306HP
As a previous Lexus owner myself, those guys dont go half hearted on luxury appointments, the ML system is far ahead of the BOSE. They may be blamed for building cars that drive like boats, but that is where the criticism ends.

I still love the BOSE though, its better than avg
You get what you pay for. If I recall, the ML upgrade alone (no other features, just the stereo upgrade) is like $2-3k. With the Ininitis, for $2k you get an entire premium package which includes sunroof ($1k alone) and a whole lot of other crap.

I had a 95 Lexus without the Nakamichi and as a base sound system it was awesome. Again, at the time, the Nakamichi upgrade was a standalone like $3-4k option.

Thus, I don't think it's a fitting comparison. As far as premium stereos that are bundled into options packs or stereo option upgrades that cost less than $1k, the Bose is pretty darn good (and I never thought I'd endorse a Bose product).

Sure had I spent $3k on it, I'd desire a little more, but for what it cost, it's a good deal.

Old 04-24-2008, 05:56 PM
I guess the main reason I didn't go with the premium audio is because there was really a negligible difference except for the extra bass. I plan on puttin real bass in the car once I can afford another JL audio 1000/1 though, so I'm not worried.....gonna need a lot of dynamat

Old 04-24-2008, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by BrianV
You get what you pay for. If I recall, the ML upgrade alone (no other features, just the stereo upgrade) is like $2-3k. With the Ininitis, for $2k you get an entire premium package which includes sunroof ($1k alone) and a whole lot of other crap.

I had a 95 Lexus without the Nakamichi and as a base sound system it was awesome. Again, at the time, the Nakamichi upgrade was a standalone like $3-4k option.

Thus, I don't think it's a fitting comparison. As far as premium stereos that are bundled into options packs or stereo option upgrades that cost less than $1k, the Bose is pretty darn good (and I never thought I'd endorse a Bose product).

Sure had I spent $3k on it, I'd desire a little more, but for what it cost, it's a good deal.
wow, 3-4k option in the mid 90's...the aftermarket stereo system i'm planning on putting in is less than half of that and it's 2008.

-13w7 (in my room)
-jl 1000/1v2 ($500-600)
-dynamat ($200)
-wiring($100)
-jl, infinity, or boston acoustic components ($400)
-3/4" MDF boards, carpet or resin, wood cement ($150)

~$1500 for a badass system

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 premium audio?