G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

From 3 series to new '08 G35x - Brakes not smooth

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 03:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Latest Update

I went to the dealer and asked them about the vibraiton. They think taht it may be a tire issue resulting from driving my 325xi with Michelin MXV4 tires on a 16 inch rim. The g35 has a larger rim (17), thinner tire, and is more of a performaocne feel/ride. Perhaps a bit less luxurious ride.

I may actaully think that this may be a big part of teh problem. I thought the vibration was a time/on and off problem, but now i think it may be a place problem, tied to the surface of the road. smooth asphalut it doesnt seem to happen on. Rougher gritty roads its more pronounced.

I am going back tongiht to test drive a new 08 g35X and compare on teh same roads to how my car feels. I also set up an appt just in case for next week with teh dealer.

Old 05-14-2008, 04:15 PM
I have the same problem on my 2007 G35x with about 11,000 miles on it. Never driven really hard, so I hope it is not warped rotors, but I have brake vibration issue. Will let you know cause when I bring it in shortly.

Old 05-14-2008, 08:29 PM
didn't get to the dealer tonight. but they said that tell tell sign of warped rotors usually result in vibration in the steering wheel or seat back. I have neither issue. but it sounds like some of you do.

moreover, they said that they have seen cars just coming off the delivery truck with warped rotors, never even having been driven.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:58 PM
My 08 G35s sedan had similar vibration from 30-70MPH, and this with only 63 miles on the car. Took it back to the dealer the next day since compared to my former car I had driven up until G delivery (05 M3 cabrio), the brakes felt very rough. Well, they said the front rotors were warped. Don't know if Nissan got a bad batch and didn't catch in QC, or if these can warp on the boat or on the lot? Anyway, they didn't have any new in stock or they would have replaced, but the machined them and he said very little material was removed, and now they are silky smooth. He said if I had any other issues to come back and they'd replace with new. Do you see the need to do that?

Anyway, yep, have them check for warped rotors.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:55 PM
awesome. i saw your post and it sounds like teh same issue. i'm going to test drive the same model on fri to see for myself... but i still want them to check out my car next week.

believe me, i'm the last person that wants to waste anyone else's time, let alone mine. i've got this thing in my gut (or foot) taht says something just isnt right.

Old 05-15-2008, 01:50 AM
How many miles do you have on the car?

For the first few days my brake pedal did feel a little rough - I guess you could say grinding, but I'm pretty sure its just breaking in the car. When you break in a car, its not just the engine - you have to break in the pads, rotors, and suspension parts since they all are brand spankin new!

The pads and rotors need some time to get used to each other ( ) and they need to get a little scuffed up before everything smooths out.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti
Were your brake pads bedded correctly?
When I purchased the vehicle, the salesman told me to avoid abrupt stopping unless absolutely necessary and told me to do a few stops from 30mph, 40mph, and 50mph with consistent but not firm pressure on the pedal. I had to do a similar procedure when breaking in my Carbotech Bobcat brake pads for my last vehicle (2002 Subaru WRX). I'm going in tomorrow for an oil change so I'll have them take a look and see what they tell me is the problem.

Old 05-20-2008, 12:29 AM
I also moved from a 330i to a G35x, and the I didn't have any problem with the brakes. They are about the same with the G's being maybe slightly more touchy. I did have a vibration coming through the steering wheel at 11000 miles, and that turned out to be warped rotors - was covered under warranty along with break pads.

Regards,
Tamir

Old 05-20-2008, 08:17 PM
You got the brake pads covered under warranty...how did you manage to do that?!

Old 05-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
Check this TSB out... I'm surprised nobody pointed this out yet...

ITB00-024e
-REVISED-
ALL INFINITI MODELS; BRAKE NOISE/JUDDER/PEDAL FEEL DIAGNOSIS AND REPAIR
This bulletin is to assist you in responding to customer questions about brake operation, and provides
diagnostic and repair information for each item listed, if any should occur.
Most brake issues fall into the following categories:
a. Brake Noise: A squeak, squeal, clunk, or groan that occurs when the brakes are applied or released.
b. Brake Judder: A vibration that can be felt in the vehicle, steering wheel, or brake pedal when the
brakes are applied.
c. Pedal Feel: The effort needed to operate the brakes is too high or too low.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
You can also download a copy of TSB from www.infinitihelp.com

Old 05-20-2008, 11:08 PM
Well. I am taking my car in tomorrow for them to check out the brakes. Thanks for the tips everyone. i'll let you know what htey say.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:03 AM
Originally Posted by FuzzyNips
You got the brake pads covered under warranty...how did you manage to do that?!
They made an exception in my case and agreed not to charge me for them. Infiniti of Chantilly in Chantilly VA is pretty amazing. They include all maintenance for the first 2 years, plus a full details on the 1 year anniversary of the purchase of your car for the life of your car, and they really go out of their way to make their customers happy. I

Regards,
Tamir

Old 05-21-2008, 01:08 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah, you shouldn't have complained about the rusted rotors.. My rotors turn brown when I was the car.. A quick drive and some light braking removes the brown color.

They should have just driven the car as normal.. Instead of taking it apart.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E
Check this TSB out... I'm surprised nobody pointed this out yet...
Does this mean I can go to the dealer with TSB ITB00-024e printed out and they will fix it under warranty? I have no problems paying for brake rotors and/or pads...but at 12,000 miles or so, I think that's a little too soon.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: From 3 series to new '08 G35x - Brakes not smooth