G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Choice in spoilers for 07+ Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 08:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Depending on what part of the trunk you are looking at it goes from concave to convex.

(I'm a mechabical engineer so its my job and I've MUCH more math than just calc. But thanks for the diagrams and glad you are putting your learnings to use )

Old 05-19-2008, 10:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
better put some differential equations to use guys

Old 05-19-2008, 10:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL! I got kicked out of my high school honors calculus class. Worked in the office in my 2nd semester of the senior year instead! So my only criteria for spoilers is whether or not it looks good!!

Old 05-19-2008, 11:55 AM
no spoiler looks as good as the stillen wing from the side of the car.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by Mr Inkredibul
Depending on what part of the trunk you are looking at it goes from concave to convex.

(I'm a mechabical engineer so its my job and I've MUCH more math than just calc. But thanks for the diagrams and glad you are putting your learnings to use )
Ha well i mean the top of the trunk is like a bowl - so concave.

Mind if I ask what your job actualls entails - I'm going to UT next year, considering Engineering. Feel free to PM me or wtv - thanks!

Originally Posted by ugaexploder
no spoiler looks as good as the stillen wing from the side of the car.
I completely agree with you buddy, the stillen looks great from the sides.
But I still can't seem to like the ones that lay flat over the chrome strip from the back - and the OEM one is too...loopy and tall above the chrome strip

I'm considering the Stillen roof spoiler and nothin else - cept maybe some Volk GT-Cs

Old 05-19-2008, 01:19 PM
Engineering jobs require a lot of technical writing. There are so many different fields you can go into for each discipline. Even though we're in a recession, engineers are still the most aggressively recruited majors throughout the states. Job descriptions really depend on what emphasis you want to go into for your discipline.

Just keep in mind that engineering will require you to take harder classes than any other major. You will have to take biology I, physics I & II, chem I & II, calc I & II, multivariable calc, differential eqns, and maybe linear algebra (some schools don't require which is kinda dumb because linear algebra is very helpful). Along with those classes, you will also take tough engineering courses and most engineering programs require you to have at least 1 object-oriented programming course which is fun but time consuming.

Pre-med majors might disagree and say their major is the toughest, but most of those classes are all related to one another. Pre-med is an endurance race, and matters more about how long you can support yourself or in most of their cases, how long their parents can support them.....and chemistry is easier than physics.

If you go to a top 5 engineering school, it will be a lot harder than those no ranked in the top 20...but all engineering degrees are tough to get. You really can't compare any school to MIT though, because they're a private school monster. I went to UGA for engineering and that place was a joke compared to GT.

Last edited by ugaexploder; 05-19-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by ugaexploder
Engineering jobs require a lot of technical writing. There are so many different fields you can go into for each discipline. Even though we're in a recession, engineers are still the most aggressively recruited majors throughout the states. Job descriptions really depend on what emphasis you want to go into for your discipline.

Just keep in mind that engineering will require you to take harder classes than any other major. You will have to take biology I, physics I & II, chem I & II, calc I & II, multivariable calc, differential calc, and maybe linear algebra (some schools don't require which is kinda dumb because linear algebra is very helpful). Along with those classes, you will also take tough engineering courses and most engineering programs require you to have at least 1 object-oriented programming course which is fun but time consuming.

Pre-med majors might disagree and say their major is the toughest, but most of those classes are all related to one another. Pre-med is an endurance race, and matters more about how long you can support yourself or in most of their cases, how long their parents can support them.....and chemistry is easier than physics.
Yeah and I'm considering like environmental focused engineering, so there's a huge demand for that.

Yeah I'm officially worried about it ha - but as of right now I'm a Geosciences major so we'll see what happens.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by popcornten
Yeah and I'm considering like environmental focused engineering, so there's a huge demand for that.

Yeah I'm officially worried about it ha - but as of right now I'm a Geosciences major so we'll see what happens.

By the time you are done with your major..you may or may not want to work in that exact industry. I use a lot of my math but none of my thermodynamics, strength of materials, finite element analysis, etc classes. But yeah to get through the program you have to REALLY WANT to get through it cuz it sure ain't easy. And of course I have to throw in that I am a U of Michigan alumnus. Ranked 2nd in the country in Mechanical Engineering when I graduated, now I think they are ranked 4th http://www.universityportal.net/2008...echanical.html

Old 05-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by Mr Inkredibul
By the time you are done with your major..you may or may not want to work in that exact industry. I use a lot of my math but none of my thermodynamics, strength of materials, finite element analysis, etc classes. But yeah to get through the program you have to REALLY WANT to get through it cuz it sure ain't easy. And of course I have to throw in that I am a U of Michigan alumnus. Ranked 2nd in the country in Mechanical Engineering when I graduated, now I think they are ranked 4th http://www.universityportal.net/2008...echanical.html

I see Texas up there in 11th

But I think I'd want to do like civil maybe...I dunno, I'm just gonna go have a good time and see what I end up liking!

Old 05-19-2008, 01:48 PM
As long as you like it, you will be able to get through it.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:25 PM
good time and engineering degree seem kinda mutually exclusive to me.

Old 05-19-2008, 05:49 PM
mutually exclusive and not collectively exhaustive

Old 05-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Take it from a physician, we're not all that intelligent. Being able to go through years of agony and pain are really the prerequisites of making into medical school. If I was smarter I would have gone into engineering but since I got kicked out of my high school Honors chem class for taking a little cat nap and dropped out of calculus, engineering was hasta.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Lol I used to sleep all day in chem and algebra 2 in highschool. Chem was a breeze tho. Algebra2 was prolly the hardes math class I've ever taken....but then again I never slept through the other ones.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:13 PM
LOL< HOw did a thread on SPoilers turn into a conversation in ENGINEERING and Majors. Im a pharmacist who kicked *** in HS Math and CHem, but FVCK, college chem sucked donkey *****, and believe me, i had to take 9 semesters. Math, just Calc, and got a A in that.
w

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Choice in spoilers for 07+ Sedan