G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

tomorrow decision on 08G35x or 08G35xS but *hate* sport seats… advice plz.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2008 | 07:20 AM
Honda Accord
Well, I love the sport seats. I actually want it to be more supportive (hard) like the ones on the G37s.

Old 05-20-2008 | 09:22 AM
I personally love my sport seats as well. I am sure that you will have no issues finding someone to trade for their seats + cash for your sport seats. If you do not plan on changing the wheels, definitely go with the xS.

Old 05-20-2008 | 11:15 AM
it won't be hard to find someone to swap the seats....or tell the dealership to do it for you. the customer is always right.

Old 05-20-2008 | 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by sonofjay
Appreciate the input everyone...still on the fence but I'm going to call it a night and sleep on it. I'm going to check this thread tomorrow before calling the dealer.

One question, for those that live in northern climates and the have G35xS. Are there any issues with the lower profile tires in the ice/slush/snow? Do you swap out the AS tires for winter ones and wheels? I'm in MA and just trying to gauge if the lower profile tired/wheels would impact winter driving any even though they are both (sport non-sport) are AWD.

Thanks
No problems for me driving the xS in snow with the 18" all-seasons.

Old 05-20-2008 | 06:46 PM
|
Thanks to everyone who replied. Lots of views and opinions on the seats I guess. Thanks in part to the feedback from here I just confirmed with the dealer that I am going to go with the Sport package. I am almost 100% certain that I will not be keeping these sports seats. I did spend a good deal of time trying out different positions of the seats and my legs and I'm quite certain that these seats are a no-go for me. I won't take delivery of the car until this weekend at the earliest and might have to wait until next week. But the seats will replaced so I will need to purchase used G35x stone colored seat (heated/power) or see if I can find someone in the area with excellent condition regular seats with same color options and swap.

Thanks for the replies on the snow/ice/winter condition handling of the 18's as well.

Can't wait to get my hands on the car now.

Old 05-20-2008 | 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by jkat13
No problems for me driving the xS in snow with the 18" all-seasons.
Friend of mine had a 2004 S4 Avant, the first year with the V8, Irvin, PA. He said the car was OK in the snow with the stock tires. However, he bought snows and said it was really good.

That being said, I imagine all-seasons should be OK, if you don't live or drive through hilly area's on a regular basis. Since I do, I'm going for a second set of rims and snows. Also, AWD is only as good as the traction you can get with the tires. With 300+ hp, I want to make sure I have the best possible grip...

Old 05-20-2008 | 07:33 PM
Thanks to everyone who replied. Lots of views and opinions on the seats I guess. Thanks in part to the feedback from here I just confirmed with the dealer that I am going to go with the Sport package. I am almost 100% certain that I will not be keeping these sports seats. I did spend a good deal of time trying out different positions of the seats and my legs and I'm quite certain that these seats are a no-go for me. I won't take delivery of the car until this weekend at the earliest and might have to wait until next week. But the seats will replaced so I will need to purchase used G35x stone colored seat (heated/power) or see if I can find someone in the area with excellent condition regular seats with same color options and swap.

Thanks for the replies on the snow/ice/winter condition handling of the 18's as well.

Can't wait to get my hands on the car now.
Good luck with your car. The G35X Sport is the first new car for myself in 11 years. That being said, the G35X Sport is a phenomenal car. I have 1160 miles on the car right now. Can't wait to get past 1200 miles and see what it can REALLY do.....

Old 05-20-2008 | 08:01 PM
does anybody have pics on what the sport and nonsport bumpers look like, I heard they are different?

Old 05-20-2008 | 08:05 PM
|
Originally Posted by EzStyleZ
does anybody have pics on what the sport and nonsport bumpers look like, I heard they are different?

http://www.zibe.com/photoviewer.aspx?id=1629188&pid=2

http://www.zibe.com/photoviewer.aspx?id=1519502&pid=23

pics and info on Infiniti website too

Old 05-20-2008 | 08:17 PM
I have 08 G35X and it's work really great!! The seat was great!! no point of back paint after driving long distance.However i got self-installed Paddle Shift and other mod.I don't think it's a big reason for you to get d' S model and have to change the seat.the other option of G35S is somewhat not so important when you on the road.Some option it can be install by yourself and most who's owned d'G35 has switch to after mkt rims&tire so there is no need to add more expense.
Anyway if you plan to mod with rims&wheel,Stillen Exhaust and mostly other.
i recommended you should get G35S 6mt.if you plan to mod and you will have fun with the S 6MT.I wish i can get another G's 6MT soon.GL and Welcome!!

Old 05-20-2008 | 09:26 PM
I was in the same boat with those sport seats. They hurt my thighs. Ended up getting the tire/wheel pkg with my other options. The paddle shifters were not important to me. Side sills can be added later for a couple hundred dollars. Since the X doesn't get the bigger brakes, like the rwd sport pkg, I just went without the sport pkg.

Old 05-22-2008 | 10:05 PM
I find it interesting how different the opinions are about the sport vs. regular seats.

Personally, I love the sports seats. They hug me perfectly. But, I'm not a very large dude (5' 10" 140lbs). I'd bet that has a lot to do with it.

Old 05-23-2008 | 01:28 AM
|
Well... picked up the car tonight and love it!

Blue Slate/Stone - Premium/Navigation/Sport G35xS

posted in market place to buy or swap seats... https://g35driver.com/forums/wanted-closed/222490-wtb-wtt-oem-seats-sport-non-sport-07-g35x-sedan-o-local.html

now will have a long weekend to get Sirius installed and do some owner's manual "homework"...oh and a new ride

Old 05-23-2008 | 02:16 AM
Congrats, I have about 1800 miles on mine. Love the car. It's amazing the difference driving the car at 3-4K vs 6-7K RPM. Personally I find the sport seats more comfortable, but I'm not a tall/big guy either. The thigh support extenders I thought I would like but I don't use them at all. Enjoy the ride. By the way, in Phoenix, I wish snow was a problem we would get every once in a while. Living in Chicago, South Bend, and Northern Arizona-I miss the snow.

Old 05-23-2008 | 06:26 AM
Traveling Administrator
Well... picked up the car tonight and love it!

Blue Slate/Stone - Premium/Navigation/Sport G35xS

posted in market place to buy or swap seats... https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222490

now will have a long weekend to get Sirius installed and do some owner's manual "homework"...oh and a new ride
Congrats on the purchase!

I am sure you won't have any problems finding someone who wants to swap seats with you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: tomorrow decision on 08G35x or 08G35xS but *hate* sport seats… advice plz.