G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

So...I finally found a fault with this whole intelligent key thing...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 02:26 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Originally Posted by snavematt
not true, we drove over a mile away, try it
well i know someone who started their car went inside and left the keys in the house, drove off and the car shut off when she was driving , maybe it has to be further than a mile or maybe it a time thing

Old 06-20-2008, 02:30 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by redlude97
If its in drive though, it shouldn't roll backwards though I thought, I guess an AT doesn't work the same as an MT
In a MT car if you are facing backwards in a incline and have it in 1st-6th gear it will still roll back, if you don't want it to roll back you would have to put it in reverse, and if the front of your car is facing down you put it in 1st. At leas thats how it worked in my hondas!

Old 06-20-2008, 02:39 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by ShanesG
well i know someone who started their car went inside and left the keys in the house, drove off and the car shut off when she was driving , maybe it has to be further than a mile or maybe it a time thing
That would be insane for Infiniti to overlook an issue like the car engine shutting off while you are driving without the I-key in the cabin. Imagine stalling in an intersection or train track. That could be a very deadly mistake.
The intelligent key is only required to start the vehicle.
If you get out of the car and shut the door it will give you a series of beeps to alert you, but as long as the ignition is on it can be driven.

Old 06-20-2008, 02:52 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
In a MT car if you are facing backwards in a incline and have it in 1st-6th gear it will still roll back, if you don't want it to roll back you would have to put it in reverse, and if the front of your car is facing down you put it in 1st. At leas thats how it worked in my hondas!
Are you saying you put it in R when facing up the hill, and 1st when facing down the hill? I do the opposite, thats how I was taught

Old 06-20-2008, 03:19 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by redlude97
Are you saying you put it in R when facing up the hill, and 1st when facing down the hill? I do the opposite, thats how I was taught
well i know that honda motor spin reverse, thats prob. why it is oppisite all i know is that is what i did with my hondas

Old 06-20-2008, 03:38 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Maybe they call them "Intelligent Keys" because only the intelligent should have them?

Old 06-20-2008, 03:39 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
Maybe they call them "Intelligent Keys" because only the intelligent should have them?

Old 06-20-2008, 11:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
could be she stalled it out?

I drove many many miles without mine in the car... my wife was in the car with her keys when i started it.. we drove to pick up her car, she got out, took her pocketbook got in her car and we both drove home probably 20 miles without a key, and i beat her home by 10 minutes so I was at least a mile from her... about half way home i realized i didnt have my key.... and do you really think that little fob has a range of a mile... no way!

Old 06-21-2008, 10:41 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Don't worry OP, I've done it too but luckily I heard the crazy beeps lol.

And for the people who cannot understand what the hell is going on in this thread, please reread the original post and think about it. It shouldn't take you more than 2 minutes to figure out what OP is saying. If not... well, I don't know what to tell you. lol.

Old 06-21-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by hyukki
Don't worry OP, I've done it too but luckily I heard the crazy beeps lol.

And for the people who cannot understand what the hell is going on in this thread, please reread the original post and think about it. It shouldn't take you more than 2 minutes to figure out what OP is saying. If not... well, I don't know what to tell you. lol.

If it takes you longer than two minutes to figure this out then you should not have an "Intelligent" anything!

Old 06-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Pie-rat
could be she stalled it out?

I drove many many miles without mine in the car... my wife was in the car with her keys when i started it.. we drove to pick up her car, she got out, took her pocketbook got in her car and we both drove home probably 20 miles without a key, and i beat her home by 10 minutes so I was at least a mile from her... about half way home i realized i didnt have my key.... and do you really think that little fob has a range of a mile... no way!
X2~dropped my wife at the DMV (she had the fob) never turned off the car and drove it to Target w/ the kids. She also had the cell phone
We had to walk about a mile and a half back to the DMV. Thank god Target wan't further down the road, and a friend of mine was at the DMV to give us a ride back to Target

Old 06-22-2008, 10:58 PM
weird that some cars have this issue and others don't... now I feel like trying it out again... my wife will be working from home tomorrow... I'll do it again, see if I get the same results.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:05 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Pie-rat
weird that some cars have this issue and others don't... now I feel like trying it out again... my wife will be working from home tomorrow... I'll do it again, see if I get the same results.
I think maybe I wasn't clear w/ my reply. I turned my car off at Target (it will turn off without the fob) but since I didn't have the fob (my wife was at the DMV w/ the fob in her purse) so I had to walk back to the DMV. The car did NOT shut down on its' own

Old 06-22-2008, 11:50 PM
ohh.. i'm tracking now. thanks for clarifying!

Old 06-23-2008, 12:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OK.....Final Word

Once the car is started with the FOB key inside, the car can be driven any distance without the FOB inside the car provided that the engine is never shut off. The engine WILL NOT shut down automatically because of distance away from the FOB.

Any stories contrary to this are hogwash and folklore.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So...I finally found a fault with this whole intelligent key thing...