G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

New G35xS owner with afew questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New G35xS owner with afew questions

Hi All,

Just picked up last week a beautiful 2008 Blue Slate / Stone G35xS with Nav, Premium and Sport packages. So far the car has been great but I have afew questions that I hope you can answer.

1) Drivers seat thigh extention.
This is unique to sport pkg but on drivers side the leather seems distorted (scrunched up) at edges. Also what feels like a plastic form under the leather seems to be cracked at the 90 deg angle on left and right side. Is this normal?? Going to put it on the list of things for dealer to look at.

2) Ipod question
Does G35 normally charge Ipod when connected and turn off Ipod when engine is stopped? I left mine connected and when I came back to the car 2 days later I noticed my Ipods battery was dead.

3) Protective mats
Can anyone recommend a good clear protective floor mat that conforms well with front and rear floor areas? Wife wants to protect regular floor mats Infiniti supplied with the car.
Are the all season mats available through Infiniti any good?

Thanks,

Old 08-04-2008, 11:58 PM
New G35xS owner with a few questions

Hi All,

Just picked this up last week a beautiful 2008 Blue Slate / Stone G35xS with Nav, Premium and Sport packages. Also has small dealer supplied items like splash guards, trunk cargo net, wheel locks and first aid kit. So far the car has been great but I have a few questions that I hope you can answer.

This is unique to sport pkg but on drivers side the leather seems distorted (scrunched up) at edges. Also what feels like a plastic form under the leather seems to be cracked at the 90 deg angle on left and right side. Is this normal?? Going to put it on the list of things for dealer to look at but would like to know what others on this forum have experienced.

2) Ipod question
Does G35 normally charge Ipod when connected and turn off Ipod when engine is stopped? I left mine connected and when I came back to the car 2 days later I noticed my Ipod battery was dead.

3) Protective mats
Can anyone recommend a good protective floor mat that conforms well with front and rear floor areas? Wife wants to protect regular floor mats Infiniti supplied with the car.
Are the all season mats available through Infiniti any good?

Thanks,

Old 08-05-2008, 12:21 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
1. Leather defects will be covered under warranty.
2. Take off 'hold' on your iPod.
3. We sell all-weather floor mats.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:01 PM
congrats on ur purchase...awesome choice of vehicle / color combo

unfortunately...the iPod connection is a bit buggy. it does not shut off the iPod when the car is off, but does charge it when the car is on (and only on)

all-season mats are available.

Old 08-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
about the ipod -
when it's playing, and i park and turn the car off while it's playing, i've found the ipod will go into sleep mode (screen off) after about 2-3 minutes, thus saving the battery. if i turn the audio off, then turn the car off, the ipod is put in hold mode but the display won't turn off and the battery drains.
i need to run more tests, but this has been consistent. i have a 60gb ipod photo (4th generation, i think).

Old 08-05-2008, 06:59 PM
Hi All,

Thanks for your responses. I'll start watching myself when I use my ipod in the car. Also looks like you folks recommend the all weather mats from Infiniti so I'll look at them a bit closer.

I'm still looking for any answers / repsonses on my question related to the thigh support extension in the sport package.

This is unique to sport pkg but on drivers side the leather seems distorted (scrunched up) at edges. Also what feels like a plastic form under the leather seems to be cracked at the 90 deg angle on left and right side. Is this normal?? Going to put it on the list of things for dealer to look at but would like to know what others on this forum have experienced.

Thanks again