Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Artist's rendition - found this in the general discussion forum:

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Se...-G37-roadster/

Old 08-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
I couldnt imagine a Black Obsidian G37S top-droppin' roadster, panty droppers 24/7 . I hope Infiniti has a trick up their sleeves on this one too, cuz at an already porky 3,6XX pounds...I wonder what extra side impact reinforcements + suspension reinforcements + drop-top roof mechanics is going to add to the tippin' scale. Oh, and dont forget the AWD treatment either, add another 225-300 on top of that...

I wouldnt doubt Nissan doing some ECU treatment on the new '09 G37 coupes on timing for better and more linear throttle response, and possibly a leaner A/F for maximized fuel efficiency. 1) The new '09 G37 Sedan is getting VVEL treatment, and Infiniti usually attempts to have a faster coupe counter-part... and 2) the convertible will put much more weight on the coupe, especially in AWD form.

Nissan Japan is coming out hard these upcoming years.

GT-R, FX50, EX, new 3.7 G's, 370Z, Hybrids, and other crazy technologies no other competitors have.

Old 08-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agreed, Nissan is the future. Infiniti has pretty much matched what their main competitor has for the 3 series line up. People are going to think get 328 horses, or get a 328i? I think they marked it to 328hp as a sign of what there are aiming for, 328i sales. Who cares about 335i, it doesnt outsell the G.

My lease on my 08 G expires in March, wll try to get into a new G37 sedan in Dec 09.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:41 AM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
Originally Posted by Klubbheads
I know im not missing the LA autoshow this year.
Let's make a SoCal G meet at LA Convention Center!

Old 08-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When can I order the g37x badge? j/k!!!

Old 08-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 306HP
Agreed, Nissan is the future. Infiniti has pretty much matched what their main competitor has for the 3 series line up. People are going to think get 328 horses, or get a 328i? I think they marked it to 328hp as a sign of what there are aiming for, 328i sales. Who cares about 335i, it doesnt outsell the G.

My lease on my 08 G expires in March, wll try to get into a new G37 sedan in Dec 09.

People are NOT going to think "get a 328hp G or get a 328i?" People who want a BMW will buy a BMW. Even though the E90's midcycle update consists of a rear end lift here and a few tech toys there, its enough to keep the BMW loyalists loyal. 328hp alone won't lift the G to number one in the segment. Not to mention the G37 Sedan is still way down on torque compared to the 335i. Even with the new motor and trans, it'll still be a close race between both cars. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the 335i were still the faster of the two. The G37's 328hp rating alone may appeal to hp n00bs, but for those who understand what 300 ft-lbs from 1400-5000 rpm means, the 335i will remain king. Not to mention that while the 7A/T will help, fuel economy is of greater conern than hp for many folks these days. And unless the 7A/T gives the VQ 3-4 more miles per gallon, BMWs pair of inline sixes will still get better mileage in day to day driving.

As far as the 335i alone not outselling the G, I think we have a winner for the "most retarded comment in this thread" award. No one looks at how an INDIVIDUAL MODEL fairs against an ENTIRE MODEL LINE. That's like saying "well the G35x doesn't outsell the 3-Series." The 3-Series line is the best selling in the entry level luxury segment in the US.

The reason the Sedan is rated at 328hp and not 330hp comes down to two reasons. One of which is most likely a cover for the other.

1. The first is the difference in the Sedan's exhaust system versus the Coupe's. Sans the X-Pipe, the Sedan's exhaust system is as close to true duals as you get whereas the Coupe's exhaust collects into a single Y-Pipe and doesn't split until the tips. Infiniti will more than likely claim this as the reason the Sedan makes a bit less power.

2. However, the REAL reason (IMO anyway) the Sedan is rated at 328hp is so Coupe buyers have something to brag about after they finish weeping because their 3700 lbs. two door just got pimp slapped at the track by its four door sibling. Everyone knows the Sedan is lighter by about 150 lbs. or so. Figure a weight gain of 50 lbs. with the new motor which now carries VVEL and the larger brakes and that's still a 100 lbs. difference. Overall curb weight will also more than likely increase with the addition of the 7A/T in A/T models (however the Coupe also gains the 7A/T so the difference in curb weight between Coupe and Sedan due to the tranny remains unchanged), but the 6M/T remains unchanged. An additional 22hp and only a slight weight increase will lead to an even bigger performance gap between the two cars. Gotta give the Coupe buyers SOMETHING to brag about besides a dead sexy exhaust note.

The G37 Sedan will be a great car without a doubt. When the lease on my '07 6M/T Sedan ends, I'll definitely be considering another G. As far as outright performance is concerned, the 335i is still the better performing car, but the G is a much better all around as far as performance, comfort and technology are concerned which is why I got one. If I lived at the track I may have gone with a 335i Coupe, but in day to day driving, I'll take the G which offers 9/10s of the 335is performance with a side order of high tech gadgets over the 335is obnoxious torque curve...even if it is possible to pull a trailer with it.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by bruddahmanmatt
People are NOT going to think "get a 328hp G or get a 328i?" People who want a BMW will buy a BMW. Even though the E90's midcycle update consists of a rear end lift here and a few tech toys there, its enough to keep the BMW loyalists loyal. 328hp alone won't lift the G to number one in the segment. Not to mention the G37 Sedan is still way down on torque compared to the 335i. Even with the new motor and trans, it'll still be a close race between both cars. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the 335i were still the faster of the two. The G37's 328hp rating alone may appeal to hp n00bs, but for those who understand what 300 ft-lbs from 1400-5000 rpm means, the 335i will remain king. Not to mention that while the 7A/T will help, fuel economy is of greater conern than hp for many folks these days. And unless the 7A/T gives the VQ 3-4 more miles per gallon, BMWs pair of inline sixes will still get better mileage in day to day driving.

As far as the 335i alone not outselling the G, I think we have a winner for the "most retarded comment in this thread" award. No one looks at how an INDIVIDUAL MODEL fairs against an ENTIRE MODEL LINE. That's like saying "well the G35x doesn't outsell the 3-Series." The 3-Series line is the best selling in the entry level luxury segment in the US.

The reason the Sedan is rated at 328hp and not 330hp comes down to two reasons. One of which is most likely a cover for the other.

1. The first is the difference in the Sedan's exhaust system versus the Coupe's. Sans the X-Pipe, the Sedan's exhaust system is as close to true duals as you get whereas the Coupe's exhaust collects into a single Y-Pipe and doesn't split until the tips. Infiniti will more than likely claim this as the reason the Sedan makes a bit less power.

2. However, the REAL reason (IMO anyway) the Sedan is rated at 328hp is so Coupe buyers have something to brag about after they finish weeping because their 3700 lbs. two door just got pimp slapped at the track by its four door sibling. Everyone knows the Sedan is lighter by about 150 lbs. or so. Figure a weight gain of 50 lbs. with the new motor which now carries VVEL and the larger brakes and that's still a 100 lbs. difference. Overall curb weight will also more than likely increase with the addition of the 7A/T in A/T models (however the Coupe also gains the 7A/T so the difference in curb weight between Coupe and Sedan due to the tranny remains unchanged), but the 6M/T remains unchanged. An additional 22hp and only a slight weight increase will lead to an even bigger performance gap between the two cars. Gotta give the Coupe buyers SOMETHING to brag about besides a dead sexy exhaust note.

The G37 Sedan will be a great car without a doubt. When the lease on my '07 6M/T Sedan ends, I'll definitely be considering another G. As far as outright performance is concerned, the 335i is still the better performing car, but the G is a much better all around as far as performance, comfort and technology are concerned which is why I got one. If I lived at the track I may have gone with a 335i Coupe, but in day to day driving, I'll take the G which offers 9/10s of the 335is performance with a side order of high tech gadgets over the 335is obnoxious torque curve...even if it is possible to pull a trailer with it.
why is it that u gotta come off as such a f*cking ******** all the time?

Old 08-11-2008, 09:09 PM
How does laying out the facts make someone a ********?

Old 08-12-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by theslik1
How does laying out the facts make someone a ********?
search for his posts buddy

Old 08-12-2008, 10:33 AM
Can anyone confirm if we will have any changes to the headlights, tails, etc.? And interior?...I remember a pic/post that showed some new dials for seat heaters and a couple other things but not sure if that was jsut euro version or US as well...anyone know?

Old 08-12-2008, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by chilibowl
why is it that u gotta come off as such a f*cking ******** all the time?
we need ********'s like him so people would stop pulling "facts" out of their a$$, therefore he's just helping us

Old 08-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

great points

Old 08-12-2008, 08:40 PM

What an f'ng dick

1- The G is outsold by the 328i, which is why I said Infiniti is aiming for their sales, not 335i sales. Does this not make sense to you.
2-Why would anyone compare the G35x to the entire 3 series line up. Retarded comment coming from your post.
3-Do you realize everyone here knows why the 335i is faster than our G, the whole "300 ft-lbs from 1400-5000 rpm means" issue you brought up. Why would you want to state the obvious, unless obviously you are the retard.
4-Your reasons for 328hp rating are just as good as anyone's guess. Mine was actaully meant to be a joke really, but I am certainly not wrong in saying Infiniti is aiming for 328i sales.
5- Dude, go get laid or something, clearly you read a lot of car magazines and were just trying to show to everyone (we all read the same magazines and know everything you know BTW). Unfortunately for you, there is nothing new you said, we all know these facts. I had a very short post from which you inferred a lot. Something I would expect from the greatest RETARD who ever lived

Here is a collection of some f'ng obvious statements from your post retard.

-People who want a BMW will buy a BMW
-Not to mention the G37 Sedan is still way down on torque compared to the 335i.
-Even with the new motor and trans, it'll still be a close race between both cars.
-for those who understand what 300 ft-lbs from 1400-5000 rpm means
-Not to mention that while the 7A/T will help, fuel economy is of greater conern than hp for many folks these days.
-The 3-Series line is the best selling in the entry level luxury segment in the US.

BTW, think for a second, ok, use your brain a little bit:

The G is a series line, the entire line up. The 3 series is also a series line. The 3 series however, can be segmented into 2 (guess which ones). So it does make sense to compare the entire G series to one of the segments. For example, say you want to compare cars with 300hp+. Get it, F'NG retard.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:10 AM
G37x will have 6speed mt or just the 7speed auto?!

Did the coupe's weight decrease?

Last edited by tekieru; 08-13-2008 at 01:15 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:59 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by elayman
it looks way too stretched with the top down.. they should make it 2 seats and make it a foot shorter
Nissan already makes a car that fits that exact description...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FINALLY! 2009 G37 Sedan