G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

FINALLY! 2009 G37 Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 09:58 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
People, ENOUGH of the personal attacks and name calling here!!!! Consider this a warming!

Old 08-13-2008, 10:34 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
X will be A/T only still I'm pretty sure Nissan knows that there would be a run on clutches if they offered the M/T on the X

Old 08-13-2008, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by noid858

You forgot VVEL with direct injection, 4 piston caliper brakes, 14" rotors, scratch shield paint, oh and the fuel economy hasn't been stated yet. So stop lying to yourself, it is a significant difference..
I still love my car to death and couldn't care less that 09's will offer G37 sedans. If you're that concerned with having the latest and greatest...you should've waited until the mid cycle facelift since every car company on the planet does this.

Gotta love the fanbois though. The G will not sell more than the 3 Series (or the IS, or the C-Class) anytime soon. Infiniti isn't looking to outsell them...that'd probably require spending more capital than Nissan is willing to spend, especially on a downturning luxury car market.

Nissan/Infiniti are smart, they build just enough and offer just enough models to turn a profit while at the same time moving more upscale showing that it can go toe to toe with the likes of Lexus and BMW.

In Europe, Infiniti has even stated that it has no intention of even trying to hold its own ground (sales wise) against the likes of their German counterparts, its just more of an effort to get global exposure.

Last edited by fecurtis; 08-13-2008 at 12:44 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mondo540
Can anyone confirm if we will have any changes to the headlights, tails, etc.? And interior?...I remember a pic/post that showed some new dials for seat heaters and a couple other things but not sure if that was jsut euro version or US as well...anyone know?
Front and rear fascias will remain unchanged. We will also be getting the new seat heater switches here in the US. Infiniti apparently has a fetish for these little switches. They changed them on the 08 models and now they're changing them again on the 09s. Other than that I believe I read somewhere that the door handles will be of the same washi finish as the interior trim instead of chrome. I'm trying to picture how whack that'll look.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by theslik1
How does laying out the facts make someone a ********?
So true.

Originally Posted by vinceypoo
we need ********'s like him so people would stop pulling "facts" out of their a$$, therefore he's just helping us
Agreed. Like Gotham's Dark Knight, I have the power to be whoever G35Driver needs me to be.

Originally Posted by nghiars
great points
Thank you. I'm glad other intelligent members of the boards here have been able to find my comments informative...if not a wee bit sarcastic.

Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
People, ENOUGH of the personal attacks and name calling here!!!! Consider this a warming!
Seriously. In the spirit of the Olympics, let us take on a "One World, One Dream" mindset.

Originally Posted by chilibowl
why is it that u gotta come off as such a f*cking ******** all the time?
Originally Posted by 306HP
What an f'ng dick

1- The G is outsold by the 328i, which is why I said Infiniti is aiming for their sales, not 335i sales. Does this not make sense to you.
2-Why would anyone compare the G35x to the entire 3 series line up. Retarded comment coming from your post.
3-Do you realize everyone here knows why the 335i is faster than our G, the whole "300 ft-lbs from 1400-5000 rpm means" issue you brought up. Why would you want to state the obvious, unless obviously you are the retard.
4-Your reasons for 328hp rating are just as good as anyone's guess. Mine was actaully meant to be a joke really, but I am certainly not wrong in saying Infiniti is aiming for 328i sales.
5- Dude, go get laid or something, clearly you read a lot of car magazines and were just trying to show to everyone (we all read the same magazines and know everything you know BTW). Unfortunately for you, there is nothing new you said, we all know these facts. I had a very short post from which you inferred a lot. Something I would expect from the greatest RETARD who ever lived

Here is a collection of some f'ng obvious statements from your post retard.

-People who want a BMW will buy a BMW
-Not to mention the G37 Sedan is still way down on torque compared to the 335i.
-Even with the new motor and trans, it'll still be a close race between both cars.
-for those who understand what 300 ft-lbs from 1400-5000 rpm means
-Not to mention that while the 7A/T will help, fuel economy is of greater conern than hp for many folks these days.
-The 3-Series line is the best selling in the entry level luxury segment in the US.

BTW, think for a second, ok, use your brain a little bit:

The G is a series line, the entire line up. The 3 series is also a series line. The 3 series however, can be segmented into 2 (guess which ones). So it does make sense to compare the entire G series to one of the segments. For example, say you want to compare cars with 300hp+. Get it, F'NG retard.
Whoa there you two. Lets not provoke the admins into closing down a topic of interest to so many members here at Driver by resorting to childish name calling. In fact, based on the replies from fellow members thesilk1, vinceypoo and nghiars, some of us have had some very informative and insightful things to contribute to this thread.

Also, no one separates the 328i and 335i into individual groups when referencing the 3-Series lineup for comparisons. If the model line is divided, it's done so by body style. E90 Sedan, E91 Touring, E92 Coupe and E93 Coupe/Cabrio. Infiniti does things the same way. G Coupe and G Sedan. Audi does it the same way. A4 Saloon and A4 Avant. Mercedes does it the same way etc... The only 3-Series which truly stands apart from its siblings due to a difference in engine is the M3.

The reason the lineup is divided by body style rather than engine layout is because while we're limited to two engine choices (soon to be three when the 3.0L TT Diesel 335d is introduced) here in the US (328i and the 335i), in places like Europe, the 3-Series is available with everything from a 2.0L inline-4 in the 318i to the same 3.0L TT inline-6 we get here in the 335i.

Old 08-13-2008, 11:19 PM
To everyone here, please know its not in my nature to call people names. I see a lot of these guys who just like to excrete all they have read in car magazines and assume they know more than the average guy. I just had to lay it out there that stating the obvious is generally not an accepted way of showing ones intelligence. What thrills me is the dilligence in which this man continues with stating the obvious. Seriously, is there anyone here who does not know what models are available in Europe, Japan etc. I will rest my case. I mean, anyone here can choose to be whatever they want to be, you would think a crowd that can afford a 40k car can be more civil but hey, its not a perfect world.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by fecurtis
Gotta love the fanbois though. The G will not sell more than the 3 Series (or the IS, or the C-Class) anytime soon. Infiniti isn't looking to outsell them...that'd probably require spending more capital than Nissan is willing to spend, especially on a downturning luxury car market.

N

Dont want to offend you or anything, but Infiniti already outsells IS.The C is within reach, but you have to factor in that the C is in its first model year and the G in its second. YTD numbers are as follows:

IS 31,010
C 43,603/ CL 2,043
G 41,447
3 71,221

Whats interesting about the numbers for July is the fact the 3 series lost 10% of its sales compared to the same period last year. The G gained slightly and the IS was flat over the same period. The C, being in its first year, gained significantly. Gaining sales in this market is not an easy task but the G, even with its bad fuel efficiency has managed to do it. (The specials Infiniti offers obviously helped). You can look at this trend and assume its insignificant, and you could be right. I look at it differently though

Here is the link for the sales numbers.

http://www.autonews.com/assets/PDF/CA5221385.PDF

Last edited by 306HP; 08-14-2008 at 12:10 AM.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:31 AM
To everyone here, please know its not in my nature to call people names. I see a lot of these guys who just like to excrete all they have read in car magazines and assume they know more than the average guy. I just had to lay it out there that stating the obvious is generally not an accepted way of showing ones intelligence. What thrills me is the dilligence in which this man continues with stating the obvious. Seriously, is there anyone here who does not know what models are available in Europe, Japan etc. I will rest my case. I mean, anyone here can choose to be whatever they want to be, you would think a crowd that can afford a 40k car can be more civil but hey, its not a perfect world.
I don't mean to state the obvious yet again but uhh...you misspelled diligence. Excuse me while I find an "irony" LOLCAT.

Dont want to offend you or anything, but Infiniti already outsells IS.The C is within reach, but you have to factor in that the C is in its first model year and the G in its second. YTD numbers are as follows:

IS 31,010
C 43,603/ CL 2,043
G 41,447
3 71,221

Whats interesting about the numbers for July is the fact the 3 series lost 10% of its sales compared to the same period last year. The G gained slightly and the IS was flat over the same period. The C, being in its first year, gained significantly. Gaining sales in this market is not an easy task but the G, even with its bad fuel efficiency has managed to do it. (The specials Infiniti offers obviously helped). You can look at this trend and assume its insignificant, and you could be right. I look at it differently though

Here is the link for the sales numbers.

http://www.autonews.com/assets/PDF/CA5221385.PDF
FWIW, the G sales are a combined total of both the Coupe and Sedan even though it only says "G35" on the chart. With that being said, the G line as a whole outsells the IS, but the G Sedan alone still lags behind the IS in total sales. You can tell the number is a combined figure by looking at NNA's June sales figures here: http://nissannews.com/newsrelease.do?id=510&mid=1

As you can see, G Coupe sales are on the rise and continue to increase despite the market being what it is. However Sedan sales have taken a bit of a hit in recent months compared to last year.

Also, why the heck are you quoting the CL's sales figures? On top of that, for some strange reason, you quoted the model's 2007 sales figures, not 2008. You do realize that the CL is basically a two door S-Class that competes with cars like the Bentley Continental GT right?

Perhaps you're thinking of the CLK? Even then, the CLK despite being built on C-Class underpinnings is closer in price to the E-Class, so it's position in the market makes it kind of hard to have one combine its sales with that of the C-Class.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:39 AM
You just changed the thrust of the conversation to sedan & coupe. Initially we were discussing each series. And my post as it stands is accurate as it relates to each series.

BTW, for the mistakes you caught good for you. I should hire you as my secretary

Old 08-15-2008, 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by bruddahmanmatt

FWIW, the G sales are a combined total of both the Coupe and Sedan even though it only says "G35" on the chart. With that being said, the G line as a whole outsells the IS, but the G Sedan alone still lags behind the IS in total sales. You can tell the number is a combined figure by looking at NNA's June sales figures here: http://nissannews.com/newsrelease.do?id=510&mid=1
If you compare the G35 sedan against the IS350+IS250 sales figures? How about comparing G35 sedan vs. IS350 only?