G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Sunroof leak?? wtf??

Old 08-14-2008, 06:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunroof leak?? wtf??

Has anyone else run into this issue. I was driving home today in a monsoon (or at least close to one) and felt a drop of water on my arm and saw like two more on my armrest. Reached up and felt the area around the sunroof and there was some wetness but not a lot. has anyone else had problems with this? I checked that the sunroof was not tilted or cracked. I cleaned it with a napkin and went back out and it seemed fine. Just wondering if anyone else had any experiences like this?

Old 08-14-2008, 06:37 PM
I believe there is a TSB for this at Infinitihelp.com.

Here it is...middle of the page.

http://x.infinitihelp.com/forum/loca...d&pp=10&page=2

Last edited by ParkStr8; 08-14-2008 at 07:24 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I have the same issue. I Went to the Dealer and he told me that we ll be happy to change the seal but cannot assure you it wont leak again. wtf. As the days are passing by, i am relaising the reasons why we get such a great car with so many goodies at such a great price: Inferior Quality. I still love my car though, but am not too happy with infiniti Quality - make no mistake, the dealerships do provide excellent customer service.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:46 AM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by sameerg
As the days are passing by, i am relaising the reasons why we get such a great car with so many goodies at such a great price: Inferior Quality. I still love my car though, but am not too happy with infiniti Quality - make no mistake, the dealerships do provide excellent customer service.
Sameerg, have to say I completely disagree with you. This is my third Nissan product, and all of them have been great - sorry you're having a bad experience with yours.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:09 AM
The previous dealer I went to refused to do the TSB for me. They stated that the sun roof leaking in a car wash is normal. Combine that with some other reasons, I went to a different dealer. I haven't yet asked that dealer about the TSB and the leaking, but my next service I intend to.

Otherwise, I love my G as a car. The handling characteristics, the engine, everything about it is amazing. But there is a a good chance that when I replace the G, I'm more likely to go back to Lexus.

My Lexus experience when I owned my IS300 was a completely different experience than it has been with the G.

At the very least, I've never had a Lexus dealer yell at me about bringing them a TSB to look at.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:29 AM
I agree with dopey. No, I am not having a bad experience with my G, But its just not what i woud expect out of an almost 40K car. I would probably go to lexus next time or probably mercedes.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Sorry about your dealer experiences. It is less a manufacturer issue as it is a dealer issue. Each dealer is a new ball of wax. And while the manufacturer tries to establish a standard, some dealers simply do not hold the bar high.

I will warn you, that if you think a Mercedes dealer is any better...please research the ones in your particular area. I know of 3 Merc and 2 BMW dealers in the LA area that I would NEVER buy from...simply because of their service departments. On the other hand, my Infiniti dealer is amazing. 50 loaners, i can say "there is a squeak somewhere"...and they will find it. I can bring in a TSB...and they will not only see if it applies but if it does not, still correct whatever issue there is.

Again, I'm sorry for your dealer issues, but if i stopped buying a brand because of one dealer...well, I wouldnt be driving at all.

Also, I'm not sure what Merc you can get with options that is 40 and under. Even a moderately loaded C350 will run mid to high 40's.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by ParkStr8
Again, I'm sorry for your dealer issues, but if i stopped buying a brand because of one dealer...well, I wouldnt be driving at all.
Well, considering that there are only two infiniti dealers where I live, and one is absolutely horrible, and the other one is okay, and there are only two Lexus dealers where I live BOTH of which are awesome, I relaly have no choice but to stop buying a brand if the only available dealers suck.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:44 AM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Your dealer is partly correct.
Moonroofs do sometimes leak in car washes. This is do to high pressure jets and even more so, the dryer. The wind blows high speed air over the roof allowing the pressure inside the car to push the moonroof up enough to allow water in.
If your roof leaks in the rain, get it fixed. It shouldn't do that.

If your car leaks in a auto car wash, it's your punishment for not hand washing your $40K car to begin with.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
If your roof leaks in the rain, get it fixed. It shouldn't do that.
Mine leaks in light rain. The drip channel is wet almost immediately upon raining. In heavy rain, I get droplets landing on me. In the car wash I get droplets landing on me. I was told, well, heavy rain is almost like getting a car wash at a high pressure wash, and that's just how it is.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:33 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by dopey
Mine leaks in light rain. The drip channel is wet almost immediately upon raining. In heavy rain, I get droplets landing on me. In the car wash I get droplets landing on me. I was told, well, heavy rain is almost like getting a car wash at a high pressure wash, and that's just how it is.
Oh, I'd love for a service guy to say something like that to me.
I'm honestly quite nice... until someone treats me like a f'n moron.
I'd tear that idiot a new one right there in front of any and all other customers.

Cars do not leak in the rain... and it doesn't matter if they're $14,000 or $40,000 cars either.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Exactly. I mean, this is not my first car in life. I have never had a car drip on me before. Honestly, this is my first time on a forum and my first time in an infiniti. A car does not leak from the roof. be it a 8K car or a 800K car Period.

And thats what i am trying to say is that the lower quality is why we get so many goodies and a great car for under 40k. I d rather have a tad bit less goodies and spend a bit more than what i did and get a car that does not leak from the f'n roof.

Old 08-15-2008, 03:06 PM
well every brand has car problems. I've heard so many complaints on MB, BMW, Lexus, etc...So, it's not necessarily Infiniti with the bad quality or being inferior. It's the nature of the business. My roof doesn't leak at all when it rains or when I give it a wash. Same thing with the LExus or MB - you might have not had problems with it, but others have.

Old 08-15-2008, 03:33 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by dopey

Otherwise, I love my G as a car. The handling characteristics, the engine, everything about it is amazing. But there is a a good chance that when I replace the G, I'm more likely to go back to Lexus.

My Lexus experience when I owned my IS300 was a completely different experience than it has been with the G
That's because the is300 is a piece of junk compared to the G
and the reason you didn't go to lexus this time around (since you loved the is300 so much) is because their is250 is a donkey and has no interior room, to get decent options (that shouldn't be options) like HIDs are part of ridiculously overpriced packages, and their is350 is just an excuse to charge you even MORE for "extra HP" that should have came in their base IS to begin with.

Love the G and it will love you!

Don't blame the retarded service guy, call infiniti corp, it's a quick call, and believe me you'll get it resolved. A sunroof is NOT supposed to leak, regardless if it's a Infiniti, lexus or Kia.

Good luck

Old 08-15-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by johnnyzee
That's because the is300 is a piece of junk compared to the G
and the reason you didn't go to lexus this time around (since you loved the is300 so much) is because their is250 is a donkey and has no interior room, to get decent options (that shouldn't be options) like HIDs are part of ridiculously overpriced packages, and their is350 is just an excuse to charge you even MORE for "extra HP" that should have came in their base IS to begin with.
Hahah. I agree about the IS250, and the IS350 is indeed overpriced, but I got a much better sense of customer service for that price, which in alot of ways is worth the money.

I do have to disagree about the IS300. The 2JZ-GE engine is ****ing awesome. I came close to turbo'ing my IS300 instead of buying the G35 and that would have been way more fun than my G . But that's a little beyond the point, and a matter of opinion.

The biggest thing is, with my Acura Integra GS-R and my IS300, I just got good customer service because the Acura dealers and the Lexus dealers seemed to pride themselves on that. I didn't NEED to call corporate and complain. I didn't NEED to raise my voice or get upset. They just got stuff done. That's what I expect out of any luxury nameplate nowadays.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sunroof leak?? wtf??