G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Sunroof leak?? wtf??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW... I didn't think such a little question with an apparent simple answer would have brought out the guns.

I too had an IS300 before the G and I have to tell you that in no way shape or form is the Lexus a better car than the G. I had to change my clutch at 34K miles of moderate driving, using your logic I wouldn't have even looked at Lexus again because I had one bad experience. I also had to get the AC condenser replaced because a rock hit it. "What a piece of crap a ****ing rock hits it and punches a hole it." Where's the Lexus quality there?

My mom had a C55 AMG that got hydrolock from going through a little *** puddle. Where's the MB quality there?

It amazes me how people just cause you spend $40K for a car it should be perfect. It IS a piece of mechanical equipment. I mean I have talked to guys with $200K Ferraris that had mechanical issues. Again using your logic for the money there should be nothing wrong. It should fix itself for that kind of money. Sorry about the rant but i couldn't help myself.

Old 08-15-2008, 03:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JamesR913
WOW... I didn't think such a little question with an apparent simple answer would have brought out the guns.

I too had an IS300 before the G and I have to tell you that in no way shape or form is the Lexus a better car than the G. I had to change my clutch at 34K miles of moderate driving, using your logic I wouldn't have even looked at Lexus again because I had one bad experience. I also had to get the AC condenser replaced because a rock hit it. "What a piece of crap a ****ing rock hits it and punches a hole it." Where's the Lexus quality there?

My mom had a C55 AMG that got hydrolock from going through a little *** puddle. Where's the MB quality there?

It amazes me how people just cause you spend $40K for a car it should be perfect. It IS a piece of mechanical equipment. I mean I have talked to guys with $200K Ferraris that had mechanical issues. Again using your logic for the money there should be nothing wrong. It should fix itself for the money. Sorry about the rant but i couldn't help myself.
Also, just because you go buy a Lexus does not mean you're going to get the same service you did there over here in Atlanta. The dealership service does not depend on the name brand, it depends on the people who work there!

Dopey, you make it sound like all Lexus dealers are saints when you and I both know that this is not the case. Infiniti dealers can be $hit and so can BMW dealers and so can mercedes dealers...the service you get isn't based on how much your car is worth or what brand of manufacturer you buy from....it's the people, people

Old 08-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by ugaexploder
Also, just because you go buy a Lexus does not mean you're going to get the same service you did there over here in Atlanta. The dealership service does not depend on the name brand, it depends on the people who work there!

Dopey, you make it sound like all Lexus dealers are saints when you and I both know that this is not the case. Infiniti dealers can be $hit and so can BMW dealers and so can mercedes dealers...the service you get isn't based on how much your car is worth or what brand of manufacturer you buy from....it's the people, people

Well said

Old 08-15-2008, 05:03 PM
I remember when I was going to buy an Infiniti, somebody told me something to the extent of "are you sure you want an infiniti, i heard they have problems." WHen I was thinking of getting a Lexus, Cadillac, MB, I heard the same exact thing. Just face it - every car brand will have its problems since (no matter how much you pay) like it was mentioned before, it is mechanical. Now, you just got hit with a car whose sunroof leaks. Thankfully, my sunroof is ok so it was probably just a defect or whatever.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by JamesR913
I had to change my clutch at 34K miles of moderate driving, using your logic I wouldn't have even looked at Lexus again because I had one bad experience.
I'm not the one that brought up the car itself as the reason why I was happy with Lexus. I specifically brought up that Lexus service was way way better than the service I've had to deal with since I've bought my G. If I had bought a piece of **** Ford, and had the same service as my Lexus, I'd still be making the comparison, because simply put, the two infiniti dealers I have available to me in the Twin Cities area do not compare to the two Lexus dealers I have available.

Originally Posted by ugaexploder
Here was my post on the topic:
"Well, considering that there are only two infiniti dealers where I live, and one is absolutely horrible, and the other one is okay, and there are only two Lexus dealers where I live BOTH of which are awesome, I relaly have no choice but to stop buying a brand if the only available dealers suck."

I agree that not all lexus dealers are saints, and not all infiniti dealers suck, but when the only two available to me suck, and the two lexus dealers available to me are great through my personal experience, I'm going to have to go with the fact that the Lexus dealers in the Twin Cities do a better job making me happy than the Infiniti dealers have. That's the only point I'm trying to make.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:58 PM
fyi, i do intend to give the current dealer i'm working to a chance to address this issue. If they fail to address it, I will be complaining to infiniti corporate, and complaining up the chain at the dealer.

It is entirely possible that the infiniti dealer's can change my mind regarding what I currently think of them I'll keep an open mind and when my car goes in for service next.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:54 PM
^^ true that...when i go to the dealers i always understand that it's hard to find good help...i get mixed qualities of service where i go. the first guy i had to deal with was a real ******** (thank god i only had to deal with him twice)...always trying to charge me for stuff i didn't have or want...i wanted to slap him silly on so many occasions...anyways

next lady angela was awesome, she always gave me updates when my car was in the shop and replaced my whole windshield because the techs thought it was the windshield not attached properly to the car...also tried to fix every rattle possible and gave me a loaner with free gas for a week

new guy is pretty cool but forgets stuff easily, i told him to do the weatherstrip TSB and it totally crossed his mind...i told him i didn't want a car wash either...oh well...good people are hard to find and good help is even harder to find in this world

Old 06-30-2009, 03:39 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
only had time to run mine through the auto wash last week to get the bugs off. noticed the sunroof leaked everytime the jets ran over it.

it is leaking near the center of the rear. i took a look at the rubber and it looks like there is a little bump or seam back there where the rubber mates back to itself that might be causing the leak.

and no, most sunroofs do NOT leak in a car wash or any other type of environment. i had a 15 year old nissan that i owned for 13 years and it didn't leak at the sunroof the whole life of the car. (although it did leak a little where the rimless windows met the door jam rubber). my tundra right now has a sunroof and it doesn't leak at any time.

really, with the interior electronics and the possibilities for stains and water spots in our cars, a leak is totally not acceptable.

i'll be adding this to the list of warranty repairs when i see the dealer's service dept next time.

amp

Old 06-30-2009, 06:12 PM
my roof does not leak. of course, i don't have that big ridiculous mechanical sliding glass hole in mine.

Old 07-01-2014, 05:46 AM
Which dealer in la

Originally Posted by ParkStr8
Sorry about your dealer experiences. It is less a manufacturer issue as it is a dealer issue. Each dealer is a new ball of wax. And while the manufacturer tries to establish a standard, some dealers simply do not hold the bar high.

I will warn you, that if you think a Mercedes dealer is any better...please research the ones in your particular area. I know of 3 Merc and 2 BMW dealers in the LA area that I would NEVER buy from...simply because of their service departments. On the other hand, my Infiniti dealer is amazing. 50 loaners, i can say "there is a squeak somewhere"...and they will find it. I can bring in a TSB...and they will not only see if it applies but if it does not, still correct whatever issue there is.

Again, I'm sorry for your dealer issues, but if i stopped buying a brand because of one dealer...well, I wouldnt be driving at all.

Also, I'm not sure what Merc you can get with options that is 40 and under. Even a moderately loaded C350 will run mid to high 40's.
You saud u had a positive experience at a dealer in la. What dealer do u go to?

Old 07-07-2014, 10:45 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by socalg35x
You saud u had a positive experience at a dealer in la. What dealer do u go to?
Dude, check the dates. He said that 6 years ago.

Good luck getting a response.