G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Loaner Car at a charge

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Loaner Car at a charge

I dont know about others, but i am being charged $6 flat for a loaner on my next service when i leave the car with the dealer. they told me it was becuase of the high gas prices.

I agree it'snot alot of money, but why the charge? are we not supposed to fill in the gas when we use their loaner? When they sold us the car, all the promises of free loaners and all are going down the drain now.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:33 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
It does make sense and its only $6 as long as you dont have to fill up on gas and they take care of it, its actually better then paying out of your own pocket...

Old 08-18-2008, 03:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
humm never been charged for a loaner, but it's ALOT harder to get a loaner at my local infiniti than it is to get a loaner at ACURA.... Seems like everytime i want to bring my car in, they said they won't have a loaner available for so many months, whereas with my TL, i can call acura and usually within 1-2 days they'd have me a new TL or TSX to drive... Had those loaners for weeks at a time also

Old 08-18-2008, 03:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Infiniti of Cincinnati will valet my car as long as I own it so its a trade off. I don't have the time to screw with driving to the dealer, so I don't mind paying ($7.50) for the loaner valet here.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:50 PM
I dropped my car off last weekend for some warranty work.
Infiniti is out of town for me so they gave me a loaner car and told me any parts would be overnight so as to get me back home. I asked if I could drive the loaner car to the wine country (Napa Valley) as my Wife and I had nothing else to do. Service rep said "the car has 3/4 tank of fuel, just make sure it's at that mark when you bring it back". So we ripped around from winery to winery in their car. It had big lettering on the back window that said courtesy loaner vehicle from Elk Grove Infiniti, but we didn't mind.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by dmkhnr
I dropped my car off last weekend for some warranty work.
Infiniti is out of town for me so they gave me a loaner car and told me any parts would be overnight so as to get me back home. I asked if I could drive the loaner car to the wine country (Napa Valley) as my Wife and I had nothing else to do. Service rep said "the car has 3/4 tank of fuel, just make sure it's at that mark when you bring it back". So we ripped around from winery to winery in their car. It had big lettering on the back window that said courtesy loaner vehicle from Elk Grove Infiniti, but we didn't mind.
That's pretty nice. At my next visit I'm going to ask if I can get a loaner car so I can go hit up some bars and see what they say.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:31 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
If it's $6, drive as much as you want, and bring it back without replacing the gas - great!

If you're still replacing the gas though, call Infiniti and let them know. According to my dealer, charging is a no-no.

EDIT:>> Just took her in for the iKey recall and a couple other things, have an '07 loaner (Journey), no charge.

Last edited by G35Now!; 08-19-2008 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cerritos infiniti never gives me a loaner. asked three times, given zero times.
one time it took them six hours to do the job and they gave me a ride to work.
fine. i have to be at work anyways. it's not like that i have to go somewhere.
but, yes it's harder to get a loaner compared to lexus or bmw.
i never had to make appointments for those two, but still got the loaners.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:24 PM
$10 here in AZ at Inifiniti Superstition Springs

Old 08-18-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by LiquidGx
Infiniti of Cincinnati will valet my car as long as I own it so its a trade off. I don't have the time to screw with driving to the dealer, so I don't mind paying ($7.50) for the loaner valet here.
This is nice for me esp since I live in N.KY and the dealership is like 55 miles North of my house. I just bought my G35 on Wed so I haven't used the loaner valet yet, but they are coming to pick my car up on Thursday so we will see how it goes.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:45 PM
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Here in MA, i never had a problem getting a loaner, and no charges so far. I have a g35 coupe, and they have given me a g sedan and a m35x with no dealer lettering on it. They kept my car over night, and i just used the M to do my work and then go to the club with a few friends..

Old 08-18-2008, 08:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We don't get loaners here...
They'll call you a cab if you want and that's about it.
Just be glad you get a loaner, especially if its for only $6.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:19 PM
Here in Huntsville, AL, they will give you a loaner. If they don't have a loaner available, they will rent you a car from Enterprise near the dealer. No charge other than filling the tank to close to what it had when you picked it up.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:49 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Never had a problem getting a loaner at Hoy-Fox in El Paso, Tx. If the service was just a quicky then I'll wait, but otherwise no trouble for a loaner. I let them know when I schedule the appt, not sure how it works if you just ask for one the day you bring the car in. The loaner was always another newer G sedan (base) and you just had to return it w/ the same gas tank level.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My local dealer will give you a loaner so long as the work will take 2 hours or more. You just have to return it with the same amount of gas that you took it with. Was the same with BMW dealers when I had my BMW. I believe this is provided and paid for by the factory, I would call Infiniti, maybe they are being greedy and thinking what Infiniti gives them is not enough.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Loaner Car at a charge