G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Need Help Deciding....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 08:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help Deciding....

Getting a great deal on a loaded G35x awd sedan with sport package, nav, and premium. The dealer has a liquid platinum with spoiler. He is throwing in the spoiler. Other colors he has without the spoiler are the ivory and platinum graphite. I am just not sure how I will like the car with the spoiler. I would appreciate some opinions. I cant make up my mind. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:55 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I personally do not the style of the spoiler that comes on the 07/08 G's as a matter of fact it made a huge difference in my purchase. I turned down a great deal on a fully loaded car (sprt/tech/nav/icc etc.) for a car of a different color (pg) w/o the tech and icc becase it had a spoiler. I still do not like them that much when I see one; does not seem like it's part of the car.

You have to decide if yoou can live with the other color choices. Also, have you checked other dealers?

Old 08-26-2008, 08:58 AM
i hear what you are saying...would you go with ivory or platinum graphite then?

I have checked with other dealers but none of them can get to this price. And they are giving me this price to move cars out of their inventory.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:08 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
"And they are giving me this price to move cars out of their inventory"......

that's a standard sales line, the idea of the car dealer is to move their inventory. Maybe more valid in Sept, Oct. when new models are arriving though. I can't believe the other dealers will not come down on price.

I like the G's in many colors. I typically dislike white cars but on the G, it looks great. Of the two, I would choose the IP, but don't let me decide for you....it should be a personal choice.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:11 AM
I hear you...i have a dealer right by me but they could only come within that price by 10 bux. I actually would like the black but no one seems to have black on black. Dealer by me only had black with stone. Keep in mind 09's are due out soon. I am having a tough time deciding. That spoiler I think will get to me after a while. If it was a lip spoiler I would prob like it.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:29 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
If it bothers you now.... it will only be worse after you get the car.
...the other option is to get it & remove the spoiler, including repainting the trunk lid.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:35 AM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Tough one - I personally don't like a spoiler on the G, but others like it a lot.

I spent about an hour choosing between BO and PG when I bought mine, so my advice to you is to do the same. Spend some time at the dealer just focused on the colors and spoiler, then decide.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:36 AM
i just talked to dealer..its far from my house...he is going to send me a pic of the car with spoiler...that will give me a better idea. I want to avoid having to remove the spoiler but def an option.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by JB1318@aol.com
i just talked to dealer..its far from my house...he is going to send me a pic of the car with spoiler...that will give me a better idea. I want to avoid having to remove the spoiler but def an option.
If you have doubts, do not get the spoiler. It is incredibly hard to remove and often involves body work and repainting. You can always add any spoiler you like later after you have spent some time with the car. However, if you get the spoiler and decide that you don't like it, you're entering a world of pain.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:36 AM
Ok well I'll offer my opinion. I personally LIKE the spoiler a lot. It's a wing which I prefer to a lip most of the time because it completes the profile and dresses up the back-end. It's a wing but not a ricey wing...doesn't look that way at all. And you get the added functionality of a 3rd brake light which I like. I'm still in the market too and deciding between 08 and 09 but havne't been able to find a 2008 I want at a good price. I found a dealer with a Black with Stone (preferred color choice exactly) with Prem, Sport, Nav, Mat, Net, Locks, Guards and Spoiler but it's too high...priced at $36,815 including the $2K dealer cash. But...my dealer also has a Black/Black with Nav, Sport & Prem too...not sure where you're located??

Old 08-26-2008, 11:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like the flush spoiler on the '09 pics floating around, and no I'm not talking about the euro spec one either.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by G-Funk78
Ok well I'll offer my opinion. I personally LIKE the spoiler a lot. It's a wing which I prefer to a lip most of the time because it completes the profile and dresses up the back-end. It's a wing but not a ricey wing...doesn't look that way at all. And you get the added functionality of a 3rd brake light which I like. I'm still in the market too and deciding between 08 and 09 but havne't been able to find a 2008 I want at a good price. I found a dealer with a Black with Stone (preferred color choice exactly) with Prem, Sport, Nav, Mat, Net, Locks, Guards and Spoiler but it's too high...priced at $36,815 including the $2K dealer cash. But...my dealer also has a Black/Black with Nav, Sport & Prem too...not sure where you're located??
I am in Long Island, NY. Where is your dealer?

Old 08-26-2008, 12:15 PM
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Obviously this is something that no one can decide for you. We're probably all split on who likes the spoiler and who doesn't. One thing I bet we all agree on is that the car is bomb either way. I have a platinum graphite with no spoilier and I love it. The windows are tinted dark and I love the contrast I get between the sliver and the black. I see my car in a parking lot and it just makes me happy. I'm glad that I don't look at it thinking, "I should have waited for a specific model instead." I would say that if your first instinct is to like the car one way or the other, wait for it. If you think the car looks smooth today, I don't think that'll change. Just make sure it excites you when you see it. I know thats a bunch of words that probably told you nothing, so good luck.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:48 PM
I appreciate everyone's help. I have decided to go with Platinum graphite without spoiler. Picking it up Friday!

Old 08-26-2008, 11:07 PM
LOL..no kidding? My fiance is from Long Island..Glen Head if you know it? We live in San Antonio, TX...it's Gunn Honda. Go to www.gunnauto.com

Which dealer are you talking about in Long Island?

Originally Posted by JB1318@aol.com
I am in Long Island, NY. Where is your dealer?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.