G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Thinking of going from 04 S2K to 07 G35, need info!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 12:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SpudRacer
Ha, your driveway looks like my driveway!
2008 G35X Obsidian Black
2008 S2K Chicane Silver (mine has red leather seats)
2006 XC90 Silver

The stable serves us well. The S2K is my daily driver. The G35 is my wife's. The Volvo is my winter backup vehicle, family vacation truckster, and general hauler of stuff.
2006 S2K - my spring and summer daily driver (silverstone with the red leather seats too)
2002 4RNR - my fall and winter daily driver and general hauler of "stuff"
2007 G35X - my wife's car and our vacation mode of transportation

"Great minds think alike................."

Old 09-25-2008, 01:02 PM
Question

I wish I could keep em both, but with 2 bikes in the garage + the Mrs, something's gotta give. Even with cheap VA insurance!

I'm definitely looking for an 07 with the sport pkg, (gotta love the shift paddles!). We've got an 05 Xterra for toy hauling, and I figure once jr. is old enough we'll start looking for an autocross car to play with... so there will most likely be another S2k in the future, or maybe even an Elise at that point.

So the sport suspension really makes a big difference in the G? How does it effect the ride?

BTW, the garage/driveway here looks like:
05 Nissan Xterra
04 S2K (to be replaced with the 07 G35)
06 Yami YZF-R1 (track prepped)
03 Buell Blast (Mrs' bike, soon to be upgraded)
00 Triumph Sprint ST

Old 09-25-2008, 02:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RUCrash
I wish I could keep em both, but with 2 bikes in the garage + the Mrs, something's gotta give. Even with cheap VA insurance!

I'm definitely looking for an 07 with the sport pkg, (gotta love the shift paddles!). We've got an 05 Xterra for toy hauling, and I figure once jr. is old enough we'll start looking for an autocross car to play with... so there will most likely be another S2k in the future, or maybe even an Elise at that point.

So the sport suspension really makes a big difference in the G? How does it effect the ride?

BTW, the garage/driveway here looks like:
05 Nissan Xterra
04 S2K (to be replaced with the 07 G35)
06 Yami YZF-R1 (track prepped)
03 Buell Blast (Mrs' bike, soon to be upgraded)
00 Triumph Sprint ST
I think it makes a noticeable difference in the G...I always get a base G35 without sport package for a loaner car when I need one and you can tell there is much more body roll on a non-sport...The suspension is pretty stiff but you still go over imperfect roads without drama, unlike let's say an M car

Old 09-26-2008, 04:21 PM
I came from a AP1 s2000.

The G does not give the same feeling... Not even close

I will be looking for another s2000 in the near future. This time i'll probably try a 04+.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:58 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
S3000 anyone?

What about the S3000!

Attached Thumbnails Thinking of going from 04 S2K to 07 G35, need info!!-s3000.jpg  
Old 09-27-2008, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by ap1_alan
I came from a AP1 s2000.

The G does not give the same feeling... Not even close

I will be looking for another s2000 in the near future. This time i'll probably try a 04+.

Maybe you should go with the BMW 135. C&D have the Lightning Lap each year. BMW135( groceries getter) beat the s2k badly. I guess the Honda still have things to learn from german competition.

And the g37 as 2 seats behind the "phenomenal" gokart feel S2K. hmm...makes me think.
Oh yeah and ended up front of the STI. Funny. G is not a competition for the STI. Right ? right....LOL
http://www.gtrblog.com/index.php/200...ap-2008?blog=4

Just an idea.

Old 09-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by tg1234
Maybe you should go with the BMW 135. C&D have the Lightning Lap each year. BMW135( groceries getter) beat the s2k badly. I guess the Honda still have things to learn from german competition.

And the g37 as 2 seats behind the "phenomenal" gokart feel S2K. hmm...makes me think.
Oh yeah and ended up front of the STI. Funny. G is not a competition for the STI. Right ? right....LOL

Just an idea.
Please don't feed the snow trolls. They don't drive. Myths can't afford cars, eh?

Old 09-27-2008, 06:04 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by tg1234

Just an idea.
I think you need to drive a s2k.

Keep in mind, the S2k, as they mentioned, has the second lowest HP rating of the group.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti
I think you need to drive a s2k.

Keep in mind, the S2k, as they mentioned, has the second lowest HP rating of the group.
That's not a good excuse I think.

Sorry but the styling of the s2k and the miata somehow freaks me out. I just hate looking at them. Don't hate me for it.

I don't like the 135 either but at least it is faster on the track. I believe it is close to the same price of the s2k. Not sure never looked into it since never liked any of them.

Also the CTS-V did verry good. Beat everybody on it segment. Same with the cobalt SS. I know I know it is FWD. Still beat all the big names.

It doesn't kill me since I know I drive a family sedan or groceries getter but it would definitely would **** me off if I rive a 2 seater so called sportcar.

tg

Old 09-30-2008, 09:26 AM
Styling aside, the 135 has nearly 70hp over the S2K, and in all fairness I wouldnt call a 1.3 second difference on a 3 minute track being "beaten badly". Hell, you can make that up in tire selection.

Sorry, but you'd be amazed at what a difference 70 hp will make in performance on any car, particularly on a course with such long straights. Look at the difference in cornering grip, (.93g vs. .84) and try putting those 2 cars on a tighter road coarse. If you've never driven VIR, the front straight takes an eternity to get through.

I have to admit I was surprised the G37 fell where it did in the catagory, I would have thought it would have come in a lot closer. I've driven against 350Zs at Autocrosses, and they seem to do pretty well out there.

Old 09-30-2008, 12:00 PM
not to mention the BMW I6tt is rather underrated... the flywheel hp difference is likely greater

I'm really interested in the new Z4...

Old 09-30-2008, 12:29 PM
Well I think it is although it is 70 hp but more weight and more seats. No matter what the 135,g37 are 4 seaters. Not sure the weight of the 135 but think it is heavier then s2k. Just by the look of it. So if you put all these in the measuring the 1.3 seconds on a lap is a good chunk of time.

As you said you are familiar with autoX. You know 1.3 seconds a lot once you are at your best time with you best set up.

I totally agree on the 350. I think the 350 is more home on the autox then the G37.

Hove you tried the new STI? Maybe that would be your best of both world. The new STI is actually lot more "luxurious" then previous editions. Have so many different settings for the AWD. You can create a totally different feelings each time. You can change the setting to make it a lot more tail happy. You would enjoy that a lot more if you like RWD cars.
After all it is your option. I just don't think you would be happy after a year or 2 in the G. You would miss the s2k and the fun factor.

I used to have a Lancia Delta with all the good stuff in it and cranked up hp on it. That was 13-14 years ago. I still miss it. The thing was a blast in snow/gravel/mud(rally).

I think they still use them for proffesional rally. There was a limited version lancia delta s4. They were even better. I don't think there is many left.

tg

tg

Last edited by tg1234; 09-30-2008 at 12:59 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:49 PM
The new STI is a pig around the track... and this is coming from a previous 06 STI owner... but, it is a VERY practical car, very reliable, safe, and is getting away from the 'boy racer' look.

The G i believe is a D-stock AutoX.

S2k, EVO/STI are all A-stock

the 350Z is a B-stock.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:11 AM
[QUOTE=Mike@RiversideInfiniti]The new STI is a pig around the track... and this is coming from a previous 06 STI owner... but, it is a VERY practical car, very reliable, safe, and is getting away from the 'boy racer' look.
QUOTE]

Hm maybe he doesn't know how to set the awd to the right track. Just like Jerremy C.

Look what I found. It is faster then the evoX.

Jeremy's jaw dropped too. Too bad it does not show the times. In a pros hand with the right awd set up it does different.

So it was the car being a pig or the guy with sti experience does not know what he was doing(being amateour) . I certainly wote for the second.

tg

Last edited by tg1234; 10-01-2008 at 03:25 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:00 AM
[QUOTE=tg1234]
Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti
The new STI is a pig around the track... and this is coming from a previous 06 STI owner... but, it is a VERY practical car, very reliable, safe, and is getting away from the 'boy racer' look.
QUOTE]

Hm maybe he doesn't know how to set the awd to the right track. Just like Jerremy C.

Look what I found. It is faster then the evoX.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3ksZ...eature=related

Jeremy's jaw dropped too. Too bad it does not show the times. In a pros hand with the right awd set up it does different.

So it was the car being a pig or the guy with sti experience does not know what he was doing(being amateour) . I certainly wote for the second.

tg
Once again, please don't feed the ice trolls from the frozen place. They are rare mythical creatures and it hurts them to type full sentences with proper grammar and spelling.

Most of them have no experience in the real world and must rely on You Tube to formulate opinions about how the physical world works. Of course we all know how reliable You Tube is. Watching a video filmed an eighteen year old with a handycam certainly trumps first hand track experience.

Please help to save the snow trolls. Admire them from a distance if you encounter one in it's natural habitat. Don't feed them or try to pet them. Making them dependent on humans reduces their chances for survival in the wild.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thinking of going from 04 S2K to 07 G35, need info!!