G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

How powerful should the LED's be?....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How powerful should the LED's be?....

What type/power should the interior LED's be?...

Thanks

Old 09-24-2008, 10:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This might help you. They have a bunch of them. Pretty sure it is on their website.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/1157.htm

tg

Old 09-27-2008, 10:38 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
but which ones are you guys using, and would you recommend the ones you got or a different one. Good idea starting this thread, I was thinking of doing similar. But do I buy 1X, 2X, 4X, 6X, 9X leds, 5X wides, or single high power version? And do they all fade like OEM or are certain kinds On/Off?

I wouldnt mind doing this simple/cheap mod, but only if I get a good feeling I will like the results. Otherwise I will stick with OEMs which are OK too.

Thanks in Advance!!

Old 09-27-2008, 12:47 PM
Well mine are 5x leds, the just fade a tiny little bit then just shut off not like the oem ones that actually slowly fade out.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:06 PM
5X sounds good.
DId you get them from superbrightleds.com (thats where I have been looking)?
Are you happy with the brightness?
Are they regular white, cool, or warm?

I would prefer regular white but see not all LEDs have that selection, so I was thinking of going "cool" but I saw pics on this forum of someone who had cool white on thier license plate and they looked bluer than I would prefer on the interior. I was not sure if this was true color or just the pic being a bit off. Thier website only shows a real slight difference between cool and warm, and if this was more like the difference the cool would work great for me.

Thanks for helping this self proclaimed over analyst, LOL

Old 09-27-2008, 08:36 PM
They are rather blue haha, like i got cool white, and it is really tending towards the blue side. I like it, and it's actually really bright but it depends what color you want.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:01 PM
Nice

Nice pics! and nice ride!! Ur LEDs look good, but that is the info I was looking for. A little too blue for me. They have 6X LEDs in white (not warm or cool), so i think I will go for those. Plus the 6X will be brighter than the 5X I would assume, but angle might be a bit shallower (5X has 4 LEDs on thier side in a pinwheel pattern and one pointing "normal", where 6X are all in one direction).

We shall see if I really pull the trigger. If someone chimes in and sayz they have 6Xs and they are nice, and white, and bright then that would help kick me off the fence. Or maybe a hammer would be better

Old 09-27-2008, 10:05 PM
I have blue LEDs- I keep an extra white LED flashlight in my car incase I want to find something or read something in my car =P

Old 09-27-2008, 10:41 PM
I just went through replacing my lights with LEDs. Mine are from http://www.superbrightleds.com/mini-wedge.html

For the 4 map lights (2 in the front seat and 2 in the back seat) I am using "WLED-WHP6 LED Wedge Base Bulbs" in cool white. These are a bit brighter and more white/less blue than the WLED-x5 LED.

For the front door lights (2) and the license plate (2) I am using "WLED-x5 LED Wedge Base Bulbs" in cool white. These are not quite as bright and less white/more blue than the WLED-WHP6 LED.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
White LEDs, please. Blue LEDs just scream rice.

Old 09-28-2008, 03:48 AM
WLED-WHP LED Wedge Base Bulbs
on the link posted above you.
cool white, excellent quality.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:04 AM
Originally Posted by FlSHRFun
White LEDs, please. Blue LEDs just scream rice.
+1, thats what I am going for (white).

Old 09-28-2008, 08:41 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Don't get the old style LEDs... get at least the surface mount LEDs (SMT LED) which look like these -

Most of the older LED bulbs superbrightleds carry are going to have a blue tint. The bulbs (phosphor based LEDs) are mainly blue, so they mix phosphor in to change the color. But since it's a blue based bulb, it'll still have a blue tint like the old "super white" incandescent bulbs.

Sorry, I don't have much info about the SMTs, but I can tell you that they're brighter, whiter and offer more coverage (meaning better lighting). And only these will ever be close to true white.

And I'm not sure about where you guys are, but most cops around here will pull cars over for a bluish light...

Look up vleds.com for better quality lighting from LEDs.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:39 PM
I have a 2008 coupe - but I don't think the numbers will be that different (especially in the 2008 sedan).
I used WLED x5 wide angle LED bulbs in cool white (they don't look blue to me, just clean) in the door courtesy lights, the license plate lights, and the trunk light. Anything bigger in the trunk won't allow you to close the cover on the light.
I used 921 x9 wedge base Led bulbs in white for the inside map lights.
All of these were from superbrightleds.com

In case anyone is interested, the 2008 sedan vanity lights (should be the same as the coupe) 31mm x 5mm Vanity Mini 3 Led SMT Festoons from Autolumination look really good.

I also want to say I am not a mechanically inclined person , but I was able to change all these bulbs out in approximately 30 minutes, using a small flat head screwdriver covered with duct tape on the end.

This is the link to myG37.com - there was a really good thread there about the leds:
http://www.myg37.com/forums/showthre...hlight=LED+MOD

Old 09-28-2008, 02:44 PM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How powerful should the LED's be?....