G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Car won't run

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 01:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SVLRx
Shoot, i should of had them buy back my TL back in the day then.. Changed the tranny 4 times in that car, but it was all covered under warranty. But yea, the code said it was running lean, but it does kinda feel like a transmission problem now that i think of it. Kinda like how my TL felt when it's transmission was going out...
Man, that would be really unlucky if it turns out to be the tranny given your past experience with the TL. But like others have said, it might not be as serious as it seems. I myself had a CL Type S that had it's tranny die and all they were doing with those CL/TL trannies were fixing them and putting them back in the next car. The problem was, the didn't address the reason why those trannies were failing. They would just get them working again and move on to the next one. After I had it fail once I moved on to a 2003 G35 as I was well aware of the people on their 3rd or 4th tranny in a CL or TL. I wasn't going to join that club. Good luck with your G.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by titan13qb
sounds like it could be the transmition imo...if your shifting is really late and shifting hard...thats exactly what happens to a broken transmission for the 07 g's...did it sound like a belt was loose or your car sounded supercharged...i had the same problem...my car had a huge whistle to it..and shifted ridiculously late...very rough..so i towed it to dealer....they couldnt find out what was wrong with it so i said check transmission..and it had a light so they replaced it under warrenty

im disappointed in 07 g35s transmissions...they seem vvery week and unreliable...plus tulsa jackie cooper infiniti said that once mine has been replaced once...they wont replace it again under warrenty so im worried
If they won't replace the tranny under warranty again, then take all your business to another dealer. As long as the car is under warranty and it's a mfr defect, they have to replace it, provided you didn't mod the car and the mod caused the failure.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:53 PM
Its the MAF (Mass Airflow Sensor).

Old 09-26-2008, 10:57 PM
lets hope so, i worked a 12 hour shift today so i wasn't able to get infiniti to pick up my car. They said that i'd have to call the 1-800 number that's on the gold card they gave us when we bought the car. I Called the number, and they said they would tow it, but couldn't get to it today b/c i was at work w/ the keys... So i'm going to call them EARLY in the morning. Infiniti said they won't have a loaner till Monday, so hopefully i'll just drive my tahoe for the weekend...

Old 09-27-2008, 09:27 AM
Burn that car down, time to upgrade to something better!!!(Zo6) You prob wont be able to drive the tahoe b/c I took the rear window apart yesterday and the whole regulator assembly is busted. Gona order you one monday.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:21 PM
thanks john, just keep my updated on the tahoe.... Inifiniti said I might get a loaner today if one becomes available... My insurance on the G is over 4k a year, so i doubt a Z06 is in my future (though i really want a vette), if i do get rid of the G, it'll be for a black on black GS350

Old 09-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Old 09-27-2008, 09:39 PM
i don't have a shaking problem at speed.... Just a really rough idle...

Old 09-30-2008, 09:52 AM
update.... the dealership is passing the blame to the gas, and is now charging me 1100 bucks b/c they changed the fuel pump and are about to change the spark plugs.... So, i'm not sure if it is the gas (i went through 3/4's of a tank with the same gas with no problem), or are they trying to dodge having to bill infiniti for warranty work.

I'm also not sure how to go about handling this situation. For some reason i don't think the guy at the dealership is 100% sure it's the gas so do I request them to PROVE it's the gas.
Also, i pumped 93 octane at a local gas station (Pit Lane), how do i go about telling them about their gas? How do i make them pay for damages if indeed it is the gas?
Guy at the dealership says due to shortages of fuel down south (hurricanes) a lot of the gas stations are getting gas that isn't as refined...

Old 09-30-2008, 10:39 AM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Thats CRAP. When I went to 4 different gas stations up here (DC/MD) and no premium I called two different dealers and my mechanic to check and see what damage I may do to the car if I HAD to put less than 93 in there. (up here we dont have 91 just straight 93). They all said that as long as it was not on a regular basis it would be fine I just wouldnt get the same gas mileage.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:40 AM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by SVLRx
Infiniti said they won't have a loaner till Monday, so hopefully i'll just drive my tahoe for the weekend...
You need to find a new dealer. If they have no loaners they should rent a car for you until a loaner becomes available.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:00 AM
well, i have a loaner (gave me one on saturday). But it's really driving me nuts about the Gas thing. I pumped 93 octane Monday night. And by thursday it started acting up. I have a ~45 mile commute each way for work, so it's been definitely running off that gas for ~150 miles w/o problems.

The guy at the dealership told me that the gas might have been separated, and that the "good" half was used, and when i got to the bad gas that's what messed up my motor. I think he can't figure out a way to bill it to Infiniti, so he's passing on the bill to me. I hope there's no major damage to the motor.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:57 PM
Im about to blow up and its not even my car!!!! Don't let them feed you that crap. Dont you dare pay a penny for a warranty repair. Get every word this guy is telling you in writing on dealership paperwork. Tell them it need to be fixed under warranty or the car will sit there till you contact Infiniti.

The guy at the dealership told me that the gas might have been separated, and that the "good" half was used
What the wtf.

Please keep us updated.

Good luck

Old 09-30-2008, 07:36 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^+1 reading how they're trying to get out of this is making me angrier than you are, dont pay a penny, but be nice unless they try to get on top of you, tell them that all this is BS(use a nicer word ) and have them prove it, tell them that a friend or a realtive went to the same gas station on the same day and pumped the same gas in their premium only car and NOTHING happend, dont give in they are taking you for a ride!

Old 09-30-2008, 08:16 PM
thanks for the comments for those that cared....

Here's an update:

After fighting all morning with the guy from Infiniti, they have decided that it was their mistake on how they handled the situation, and since it was their mistake, they'll take it as a lesson learned and do the repairs at no cost. (Honestly i think they probably didn't fix the car 100%, but i won't know that till i get it back). They changed the fuel pump and spark plugs and put in "better" gas. It took a lot of fighting, and a lot of lawyer talk to get them to do it though, but I'm just glad they stepped up to the plate and did the right thing. But they said that if it breaks down again, due to my "gas" problem It won't be covered. I'm picking it up in the morning, and if it doesn't run 100%, i'm driving over to the lexus dealership and I'm thinking about trading it in for a new lexus GS. I've been wanting one for a while (wasn't in my budget last year when i bought my G, but it's in my budget this year), but i've just been waiting for a reason to get one. Now i might have one...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car won't run