G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Wind noise throws me off Infiniti

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 04:15 AM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
When I got the car, it was nice and quiet. But when it reached 17k miles like I mentioned before, it makes me goes nut the the loud wind noise on the back. You will know how I feel when your car starts making that annoying noise.
I don't expect the G to be a luxury like Lexus GS or anything but at least I am expecting it would be the way I bought it until it reach 60k miles or something. Yes, I like the engine sound. I am a former street racer so you can trust me on this.
About the IS350, it is smaller than G35 but it can still fit 2 adults on the back with no problem as long as they are not like 200lbs or so. :P

Old 10-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Phalanx
When I got the car, it was nice and quiet. But when it reached 17k miles like I mentioned before, it makes me goes nut the the loud wind noise on the back. You will know how I feel when your car starts making that annoying noise.
I don't expect the G to be a luxury like Lexus GS or anything but at least I am expecting it would be the way I bought it until it reach 60k miles or something. Yes, I like the engine sound. I am a former street racer so you can trust me on this.
About the IS350, it is smaller than G35 but it can still fit 2 adults on the back with no problem as long as they are not like 200lbs or so. :P

i know what you are ffacing. but i believe anyone over 5ft tall couldnt ride in the backseat behind meas i am driving. there is literally no room back there. i have an 08 and its the only model year they went with a larger cut out in the back of the front seats as well as a net for pocket storage and there is literally 2 inches of room between the back of the front seat and the bottom front of the rear seat. and honestly the baby seat cant even go behind me when i am driving it just doesnt fit.

as for the wind noise i know exactly what you are experiencing. i had to listen to a window whistling or hissing for about 6k miles on the interstate. now i avoid the freeway/interstate at all cost within reason.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oddly enough I had irritating wind noise from the windows at 15k miles, now fast forward to today and the noise is no longer present (27k). wierd, huh?

Old 10-01-2008, 12:01 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ similar results here had the noise 3-4months back for about a week or so only after hearing about it hear on the forums and then itt was non-existent NEVER noticed it, maybe just the placebo affect

Old 10-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
+ 1 re. placebo effect. I also thought I heard excessive in-cabin exhaust noise after a parking lot was flooded, and started a thread about. Brought it to the dealer weeks later and they told me it was stock sound, there was nothing wrong with the car. Now, I don't listen for it and (poof) the noise isn't there. Someone/something brings it up, then you start listening for (and possibly hearing) things.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had 2 type of wind noise on my 07. First I had from the rear door little window. They replaced it after no problem. Then I had the one what came on somewhere 5k and when I was driving it 100+. They tried a few things and got better/worse. I figured out later if I roll up the window and just tap on the switch to roll down maybe .05" maybe not even. Then noise was gone. So I asked them if they can adjust the limiter on it. So it won't push the window that far up. First it got better and for the second try it was gone.
Not sure you having the same problem since somebody else tried it already and did not work for him.

On my 08 I have no problem yet. But again it has only 400-500 miles on it.

But this is not really a windnoise it is more of a whistle. Not sure if I experienced the same thing what you did.

I taped it so if you want I can send it to you on email to see if you have the same noise. I can't really post it here because of the speed.

tg

Last edited by tg1234; 10-01-2008 at 12:29 PM. Reason: add more info
Old 10-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Maybe someone can record the whistling sound they hear. Maybe put the camera near your head and see if the camera can pick it up. If it can, maybe it is noticeable. If it can't, stop whining. lol.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:16 AM
here is a link. You can hear it at the end of the clip for a short time.
http://

tg

Old 10-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
So you're complaining about windnoise at the speed you're not even supposed to be cruising at? Like I said, this isn't a 50k+ dollar luxury sedan. If you don't want to hear the noise, do everyone a favor and not go 110+mph.

I thought people were talking about windnoise down below 100mph.

PS. I get that too around the same speed as you. Mine seems to be coming from the passenger side mirror but I couldn't careless about noise that I'll hardly ever hear.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
well...you could always drown out the noise w/ more noise ie...crank up the stereo and/or install a nice intake and exhaust regardless, wind noise driving at 3 digit speeds is going to be inevitable. and trading in a G for an IS? yikes

Old 10-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Interesting, my friends, who own IS's told me that my car was "very" quiet one time they sat in the back of my car on highway speeds. I think I was going at around 65mph or 70mph.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:35 PM
i guess the G isn't for you, good luck with the IS...my mom owns a lexus and it's a smooth ride, seats are plush, interior is awesome, but when i jump into my car and hear that rumble with the bass, it's a no brainer

Old 10-02-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by hyukki
So you're complaining about windnoise at the speed you're not even supposed to be cruising at? Like I said, this isn't a 50k+ dollar luxury sedan. If you don't want to hear the noise, do everyone a favor and not go 110+mph.

I thought people were talking about windnoise down below 100mph.

PS. I get that too around the same speed as you. Mine seems to be coming from the passenger side mirror but I couldn't careless about noise that I'll hardly ever hear.

It is a 50K car in Canada. I know it sucks. I don't complain I just wanted to load it up so it is clear for everybody it is not a normal wind noise.

Also the wind noise what is comming from the rear door is under 100 on some occasion. Just to make it clear.

tg

Old 10-06-2008, 06:54 AM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
I came SUPER close to buying a Lexus IS.
I have spent many hours in that forum and those guys are complaining about the same thing as well.

The Type-S has noise cancelation. I don't own one but my day long loaners, I didn't notice it as much of anything special.
Hopefully, it works well enough to mask out the rattles and squeaks that plague many a TL.
I have owned a TL and TL Type-S and even the base TL is quieter on the road than a G35. As highway speed increases the difference is less, but the TL is still a quieter car.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I would hope so... the TL is not as sporty. Also, the tires are different, which is a major source of NVH.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wind noise throws me off Infiniti