G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

I talked to a dealer in the US today about the cooled seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I talked to a dealer in the US today about the cooled seats

first let me say that I'm new here, but I've been lurking for a while. Tons of great info here. Anyway, I told him how I read on this site that the new G37 would not have cooled seats. He quickly corrected me and told me that it would. I asked if he had specifics or an options list, or if this was just part of the speculation in anticipation for the new model? He replied and told me that he had to get certified on the vehicle, through a test....and the cooled seats was one of the questions. So he followed up by saying that its no guarantee, but those at his dealership are of the impression that it would be on there.

thoughts? I know people in Canada are already driving theirs, and this is probably a dumb post because of all the info to the contrary, but I'm just passing on my discussions with the dealer. Also, he said they aren't expecting theirs on the lot near Philly until last November, or early December. thanks for your opinions, and for such a great source of info...

Old 10-15-2008, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by nlens
first let me say that I'm new here, but I've been lurking for a while. Tons of great info here. Anyway, I told him how I read on this site that the new G37 would not have cooled seats. He quickly corrected me and told me that it would. I asked if he had specifics or an options list, or if this was just part of the speculation in anticipation for the new model? He replied and told me that he had to get certified on the vehicle, through a test....and the cooled seats was one of the questions. So he followed up by saying that its no guarantee, but those at his dealership are of the impression that it would be on there.

thoughts? I know people in Canada are already driving theirs, and this is probably a dumb post because of all the info to the contrary, but I'm just passing on my discussions with the dealer. Also, he said they aren't expecting theirs on the lot near Philly until last November, or early December. thanks for your opinions, and for such a great source of info...
Absolutely wrong. The G37 sedan will not have cooled seats and they should arrive a lot sooner then December. I'm in Toronto and mine arrived on Friday. It should be ready for pickup this Friday. People out west are already taking delivery of theirs. The only differences are the engine, transmission, wheels, and seat heater dials. Hell, all you have to do is look at all the photos of the interior of the new G37 and you can clearly see that the dials are for seat heaters only.

Not surprising though, dealers are usually the last ones to know anything.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:38 AM
thanks John -

I've been seeing on here how there will NOT be cooled seats, and like everyone else, its a feature I REALLY want. so when he told me that, I questioned it like 5 times because I thought what I knew to be true was now being reversed. thanks again.

Originally Posted by John English
Absolutely wrong. The G37 sedan will not have cooled seats and they should arrive a lot sooner then December. I'm in Toronto and mine arrived on Friday. It should be ready for pickup this Friday. People out west are already taking delivery of theirs. The only differences are the engine, transmission, wheels, and seat heater dials. Hell, all you have to do is look at all the photos of the interior of the new G37 and you can clearly see that the dials are for seat heaters only.

Not surprising though, dealers are usually the last ones to know anything.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:05 AM
So becuase it has a question on cooled seats he figures it has them? Well we all know at least one question he got wrong.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:06 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
Wow, the funny thing is that it'll give you the correct answer on those certification tests. I hope he isn't your sales man

Old 10-18-2008, 05:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by da mayor
Wow, the funny thing is that it'll give you the correct answer on those certification tests. I hope he isn't your sales man
Wasn't that question something like "how many different heat settings do the '09 G37 Sedan's HEATED seats offer?" Inferring that the car has cooled seats from that = FAIL.