G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Sunshade raindrop noise & center console clicking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 01:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunshade raindrop noise & center console clicking

I've had my 2008 G35 for a couple of months now. I love the car, but I'm disappointed in the rattles and noises that I didn't expect in a car that costs this much. I already took the car back to the dealer because of the horrible buzzing the rearview mirror was making. They put foam in it and that helped a lot, although it still buzzes a bit sometimes. There are two other problems that still bug me.

First problem is that there is a sound like heavy raindrops hitting the top of the car whenever the sunshade is open. I was at a red light and heard this and actually looked at the windshield for the raindrops, but there were none. I sometimes open the moonroof to let the heat out and then close it but leave the sunshade open. If the radio isn't on, I hear these raindrops falling on my car. Other people here have written about moonroof rattles, but I think this is something different.

Second problem is when the car is warm and the road isn't perfectly smooth, I get this clicking noise coming from the area around the shifter. If I put my hand between the seat and the console and press a little, the console moves slightly and makes a creaking noise along with this clicking. So, I think it's just the car's vibration causing these clicking noises. I can't believe this normal. The console in my mom's $16K Hyundai is rock solid.

I don't know if it's worth the hassle to go back to the dealer and have them try to fix this stuff. I'm wondering if anybody else has had these problems and has had them taken care of.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CyberSky
Second problem is when the car is warm and the road isn't perfectly smooth, I get this clicking noise coming from the area around the shifter. If I put my hand between the seat and the console and press a little, the console moves slightly and makes a creaking noise along with this clicking. So, I think it's just the car's vibration causing these clicking noises. I can't believe this normal. The console in my mom's $16K Hyundai is rock solid.

I don't know if it's worth the hassle to go back to the dealer and have them try to fix this stuff. I'm wondering if anybody else has had these problems and has had them taken care of.
I had the console creaking problem for over two years. Finally tried a product called Boeshield (used for bikes) - it's paraffin wax based lubricant that dries to a solid wax. Has a nice applicator tip that fits in between all the plastic joints. I liberally applied it and ALL the creaks, squeaks and rattles in the shifter/console/radio area are gone. You may want to try.