G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Fast Intentions cat back on the G37 6MT.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 08:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fast Intentions cat back on the G37 6MT.

So I kinda got lazy and called up a local shop to do the Eibach drop and FI exhaust/HFC's for install this Wednesday, but found that I had some idle time this afternoon. I threw the car up on some ramps and installed the cat back part of the exhaust. Install was pretty easy and everything lined up right. One interesting thing I noticed was how much of an oily residue was in the stock pipes.

I fired it up and overall it sounds great. Deep melodius rumble when you get on it, and surprisingly quiet at cruising speed. I was hoping it would be louder. Hopefully the high flow cats will add a little more oomph , but I don't feel like putting them in, so to the shop the car will go. I think I'll throw in the springs on Tuesday if I find more idle time . I guess I'll try and do some pics and video, but it sounds pretty much like all the other stuff that's been posted.

So I guess these are my questions for the FI owners:

1) The center chassis brace doesn't need to go back on ???

2) Are your cans also tilted so that the medial aspect is higher than the lateral aspect?

Old 10-27-2008, 09:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1) This is up to you...I put mine back on just because I don't like to have parts laying around...also, this center chassis brace helped me avoid messing up my exhaust part because i was exitting a very messed up parking deck with a loaded car...anyways, it's up to you...not required, but recommended IMO...

2) the tans WERE tilted until the person who installed the catback told me to push UP as hard as i could on the mufflers while he tightened them...i could barely fit a finger where the muffler tip and the rear bumper is....hope this helps!

Old 10-27-2008, 09:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks. I'll try and get chassis brace back on. I forgot there is some adjustment just forward of the cans to get them straight.