G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Has anyone been able to solve the vibrating passenger seat issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
This really bugs the crap out of me when I drive alone. When someone is sitting in it, it's fine.. but when I drive alone, I feel like my passenger is a massage chair! bzzzzzzz..

I kinda fear taking it to the dealer tho. Whenever I get stuff done at the stealership, they manage to do something wrong.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too have this issue.. I am taking them to Discount Tire this afternnon to have them check the balance. I had staggered 20's put on, along with Eibach lowering springs Saturday and noticed that my steering wheel and passenger vibrates.. I am just trying to narrow it down..

I also am going to askDiscount Tire while they have my wheels off, if they notice any hub or wheel bearing issues.. If they notice either one of those things I will set a appointment with the dealership, but after I put on my camber kit this Saturday, then an alignment... After all those things are done and those issues continue, I am setting up the appointment to have dealership look into it..

Old 09-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is the location! Hope it's help.

Originally Posted by J2S2M
This really bugs the crap out of me when I drive alone. When someone is sitting in it, it's fine.. but when I drive alone, I feel like my passenger is a massage chair! bzzzzzzz..

I kinda fear taking it to the dealer tho. Whenever I get stuff done at the stealership, they manage to do something wrong.
Just put a sponge into the black plastic panel behind the passenger seat.
I put my since it happened after 2 month of brand new purchased in 08.
Sponge size may be 8" or 12" it will be 100% gone.

Attached Thumbnails Has anyone been able to solve the vibrating passenger seat issues-g35.jpg   Has anyone been able to solve the vibrating passenger seat issues-photo.jpg  

Last edited by earth0; 09-24-2010 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Picture add.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
Dude! Please post a pic of where you are stuffing this sponge.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ its pretty simple. If you sit in the back seat, just calmly and cautiously pull on the hard plastic that is on the lower back of the front passenger seat and stuff some foam or similar in there. Hope that makes sense.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:47 PM
I stuffed a big sponge in there, seems like a big cavity behind the plastic swallowed it. Didn't do a darn thing for me!

Old 09-24-2010, 04:14 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
hmmmm, im pretty sure he's talking about that space taht you covered, but maybe you need much more sponge so it gets to the point where you cant stuff anymore in there, or perhaps thats not the place you are getting your rattles from unlike the person who suggested this solution

Old 09-24-2010, 05:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Picture posted!

Picture posted!

Old 09-24-2010, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by earth0
Picture posted!
THANKS for that! I will give it another try!

Old 09-26-2010, 09:09 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I can see my passenger seat vibrating but since I always ride solo I saw no need to bug my dealer about it. I'm cool with it.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mishmosh
I stuffed a big sponge in there, seems like a big cavity behind the plastic swallowed it. Didn't do a darn thing for me!
That's a bit scary if you have heated seats, to have a sponge floating around in there potentially near a heat source... That sponge will likely dry out eventually and turn into a little tinder box

Old 01-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
just found this thread and thought it was just me with this problem LOL

When no one is sitting in the passengers seat...hold crap does it vibrate..when a passenger sits in it...will they feel that??

Also my headrest vibrates at highway speed so i cant rest my head for too long!

Old 01-07-2011, 08:33 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
earth0 has a good solution if your seat is rattling, however i dont think it will reduce rattles if your headrest is the source. If you look at the two slots that the headrest inserts into, those two female slots push up against some mechanism inside the seat for the active headrest system. For me, the female slots taping against that mechanism is the source of my rattles. I think the only way to access it is to take the whole seat apart and add some sort of soft buffer between the two, which I never had the motivation to do.

See where the thin bar hits the thicker bar in the picture, right above the highest horizontal support, I think thats where the rattle is coming from

(not a picture of our system)

Last edited by G force; 01-07-2011 at 08:44 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by G force
earth0 has a good solution if your seat is rattling, however i dont think it will reduce rattles if your headrest is the source. If you look at the two slots that the headrest inserts into, those two female slots push up against some mechanism inside the seat for the active headrest system. For me, the female slots taping against that mechanism is the source of my rattles. I think the only way to access it is to take the whole seat apart and add some sort of soft buffer between the two, which I never had the motivation to do.

See where the thin bar hits the thicker bar in the picture, right above the highest horizontal support, I think thats where the rattle is coming from

(not a picture of our system)

Yeah i would not take the whole seat apart...i would rather prop my head up on the highway the whole time and just not use the head rest at all which sucks but its probably what i am going to do

Old 01-07-2011, 03:54 PM
I really can't pinpoint where it is coming from, but it is not the headrest. It almost seems like it is coming from the hinge of the seat on the bottom side. I know other nissans had TSBs for this but Infiniti doesn't seem to have one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Has anyone been able to solve the vibrating passenger seat issues