G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

I Need Help Fender Bender

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Need Help Fender Bender

I live in Northern NJ near NYC today while backing out I hit my car on another car at 5 MILES PER HOUR WTF and i got a huge *** dent and a lotta scratches while the other car got like 3 scratches as far as i can tell i dont think it did any serious damage like the actual structure. posting some pics someone please tell me how much it would cost to undent and repaint this not by infiniti but some third party....

looks worse then it is no break in the bumper or crack just a huge *** dent .... and some heavy scratchin as well as the paint of the other car... and i looked underneath doesnt touch the metal frame part...

really pissed that i got soooo much of an impact at such a slow speed while the audi i backed into barely had a couple scratches thank god this not goin on my insurance or id die bein only 18 from feeling it i believe i coulda undented the bumper but didnt want to risk messin anythin up.

but can anyone tell me aproximately fixing this will cost me?

really appreciate any help i can get

thanks in advance

Old 11-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
pretty sure you'll need a new bumper.. since these are polyurethane i think its permanently damaged (you might be able to bend it back, but itll go back over a couple of months) you can find a used bumper on here pretty cheap, or you can try and fix it but idk

Old 11-01-2008, 09:50 PM
Yikes, grab the heat gun and go to work. Pop it out, wipe off scratches with gas, or something as a temp. fix until you get another bumper, or unless you choose to get this fixed. For all of you about to criticize about putting gas on it, keep quiet. I know it will not take out all the scratches, but it will make it alot less noticeable....

Old 11-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KBS756
I live in Northern NJ near NYC today while backing out I hit my car on another car at 5 MILES PER HOUR WTF and i got a huge *** dent and a lotta scratches while the other car got like 3 scratches as far as i can tell i dont think it did any serious damage like the actual structure. posting some pics someone please tell me how much it would cost to undent and repaint this not by infiniti but some third party....

looks worse then it is no break in the bumper or crack just a huge *** dent .... and some heavy scratchin as well as the paint of the other car... and i looked underneath doesnt touch the metal frame part...

really pissed that i got soooo much of an impact at such a slow speed while the audi i backed into barely had a couple scratches thank god this not goin on my insurance or id die bein only 18 from feeling it i believe i coulda undented the bumper but didnt want to risk messin anythin up.

but can anyone tell me aproximately fixing this will cost me?

really appreciate any help i can get

thanks in advance

i got the same problem right now except my car was parked

let me know if you find a place that sells cheap bumpers...

Old 11-01-2008, 10:04 PM
is this expected with a fender bender? i mean seriously the other car my bumper just melted round it the other guy wasnt pissed because it did like nothing to his car while my bumper completely collapsed at a damn slow speed was just backin out from my driveway... really pissed its my fault but seriously shouldnt be that bad.... for a 39,000 dollar car...

Old 11-01-2008, 10:19 PM
does anyone know where i can a 2008 g35 rear bumper in black new and how much that would cost?

Old 11-02-2008, 12:03 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by KBS756
does anyone know where i can a 2008 g35 rear bumper in black new and how much that would cost?
You could try to PM Rick@Riverside to see how much it costs. I think I would cost at least $700-800 for bumper, paint, and installation (if you choose not to DIY)

Old 11-02-2008, 07:03 AM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Backup Camera FTGDMFW!

Old 11-02-2008, 07:57 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
^^^^ +1 on that Scott.
Wish I had it.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:00 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Or even just a simple back up sensor. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP...

Old 11-02-2008, 09:33 AM
The damage depends on how the collision was. What angle you hit the other car. What part of the bumper you hit on the other car. G has a good rating front and rear collision. So there is nothing to worry about. The bumper supposed to absorb the hit. It did the job. With the other car maybe the bumper only melted a little but if you took a second look maybe it moved the bumper out position,etc. Just because it is not visuall for your eyes doesn't mean it is not there.

You should seek for a training how to back up. Feel your car how long it is and where the ends are. It might help you next time. Or back up camera if you not familiar with the back up process.

tg

Old 11-02-2008, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by tg1234
The damage depends on how the collision was. What angle you hit the other car. What part of the bumper you hit on the other car. G has a good rating front and rear collision. So there is nothing to worry about. The bumper supposed to absorb the hit. It did the job. With the other car maybe the bumper only melted a little but if you took a second look maybe it moved the bumper out position,etc. Just because it is not visuall for your eyes doesn't mean it is not there.

You should seek for a training how to back up. Feel your car how long it is and where the ends are. It might help you next time. Or back up camera if you not familiar with the back up process.

tg
I know i screwed up when backin up didnt see the damn car parked there dark street no lights and a damn bush in the way, but i know i shoulda paid more attention....and other then that my moms caddy has had a impact like this at double this speed and all she got was a small chip in paint... I dont have a backup camera or other sensor.... But yea i know it was my fault just think it shouldnt have been so bad.

Does anyone know how much this would cost me to fix approximately? or where i could get a new rear bumper prepainted in this paint but not through dealer. Thanks in advance.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:23 AM
I would say you going to end up around 1k after painting and everything. You can pm to rick @riverside to give you a price estimate. They are selling it unfinished I think. So you have to find a bodyshop to paint it for you. If you want to save some money take the bumper off yourself and put it back. See if that gives you some $$ discount.

Good luck with it.

tg

Old 11-02-2008, 12:20 PM
ONE K ? Yeah okay, Call infiniti of englewood get a new bumper cover it costs 252 dollars i got one a few months ago. get it painted for 200 around 450-475 and you are good to go. PM me i live in north jersey and i'll help you out with some phone numbers and our paint guy that we use at our shop. Later.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:47 PM
To my knowedge the bumper cover is around 350-400. He might need a right and left absorber. Another 100. paint and labor goes well over 700. But if you can get the cover for him that much and you guys can do the labor should save a good amount of $$$$.

tg

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I Need Help Fender Bender