G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

gotta tell this story (re: at the dealer today) - long....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 07:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nlens
It was near baltimore, MD. I'll post the dealership after I buy it, in case I end up going back there to talk to a different salesman. they did give me the best deal after all...I think I can use this to my advantage, but i don't want to out the guy on a forum just yet!
You're nuts if you go back there. You just got a huge wake up call! Pick up the phone!

Complaining to a manager will only give these guys a huge laugh. Who do you think set you up with this sales genius? Dealerships like the one you visited have selling systems. They train their guys to follow a script. Bullying, good cop/bad cop, what payment can you afford, etc. Anything but straight talk about the price of the car, the price of money, and the value of your trade. They obviously sized you up based on age, looks, clothes, whatever and decided you could be taken advantage of.

What do you think life will be like after the sale? Do you have the time and energy to fight with these sleazeballs an hour away from you just to own a certain car? Is another $500 or $1,000 up front savings worth that aggravation to you? Dumb move. At a minimum, find another dealer. What you should really be doing is looking for a good dealer close to home that can sell you a car you want at a fair price and take care of you after the sale. Just my humble opinion.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SpudRacer
You're nuts if you go back there. You just got a huge wake up call! Pick up the phone!

Complaining to a manager will only give these guys a huge laugh. Who do you think set you up with this sales genius? Dealerships like the one you visited have selling systems. They train their guys to follow a script. Bullying, good cop/bad cop, what payment can you afford, etc. Anything but straight talk about the price of the car, the price of money, and the value of your trade. They obviously sized you up based on age, looks, clothes, whatever and decided you could be taken advantage of.

What do you think life will be like after the sale? Do you have the time and energy to fight with these sleazeballs an hour away from you just to own a certain car? Is another $500 or $1,000 up front savings worth that aggravation to you? Dumb move. At a minimum, find another dealer. What you should really be doing is looking for a good dealer close to home that can sell you a car you want at a fair price and take care of you after the sale. Just my humble opinion.
again, there are NO DEALERS near my house. the closest dealer is 1 hour away. I do agree with you that they discriminated based on my age. I mentioned that earlier. but I didn't tell them that I had financing lined up. didn't tell them anything about my cash/trade until the deal and price was done. I would prefer not to deal with them, but I'll wait to see if they call me back to follow up after this botched sales attempt. we'll see. I bet they don't call, my friend thinks they do.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:55 PM
i understand the salesman was a dick...but you can't expect a dealership to give you a reasonable amount for a trade-in...if you take a car that easily sells for 1500 to a dealership, they will offer you a 1/3 of what the car is worth and offer you 500...it should've been common sense to avoid trying to trade-in your car...ppl do trade-ins a few different scenarios...

A.) they don't care if they take a hit on a trade-in
B.) too lazy to sell it privately
C.) and in very very very very rare cases, the dealership gives you a reasonable trade-in price

Old 11-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by ugaexploder
i understand the salesman was a dick...but you can't expect a dealership to give you a reasonable amount for a trade-in...if you take a car that easily sells for 1500 to a dealership, they will offer you a 1/3 of what the car is worth and offer you 500...it should've been common sense to avoid trying to trade-in your car...ppl do trade-ins a few different scenarios...

A.) they don't care if they take a hit on a trade-in
B.) too lazy to sell it privately
C.) and in very very very very rare cases, the dealership gives you a reasonable trade-in price
yeah, I'm with you. And I didn't go there expecting to trade. I hoped to agree to a price and give them a deposit to hold the car till i sold mine. they just said they HAD to have me come in to continue to work anything more on my deal.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wow, terrible story. I am sorry that you had to deal w/ that crap (in which you should never have to).
In my experience, your trade in value for your car depends on the neighborhood that the dealer is at too. Case in point, I once tried trading in a 4Runner w/ cloth seats at a dealer in an upscale neighborhood and got quoted a really crappy price for the car b/c everyone there wanted leather interior. Not satisfied w/ the offer, I went to another dealer in a more modest area and they quoted me $2500 above the value that the 1st dealer quoted me.
GL w/ the car&negotiations tho. I hope u get your G soon

Old 11-08-2008, 09:25 PM
yeah, I'm with you. And I didn't go there expecting to trade. I hoped to agree to a price and give them a deposit to hold the car till i sold mine. they just said they HAD to have me come in to continue to work anything more on my deal.
on second thought i would not go back to that dealership...the crap does roll down the hill, i can only imagine what their management is like...hope you get your ride though

Old 11-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I didn't. I didn't mention the down payment or the trade car until the deal was set. final.
take your buisness elsewhere.
not very many people looking to buy new cars right now.
they need to treat you like a king!

i tried to work at a dealership, i lasted about 12 weeks...
... i just wasnt enough of a douchebag!

Old 11-08-2008, 11:22 PM
They will likely call you if they are really want to sell you a car and most likely did. DamNNNN!! Luxury Car with Hondaa Salesman..That's is f**up Infiniti. Maybe you can contact Da Mayor (Sales @ INFINITI Of Massapequaand) ask him if he known someone in your area to help you get your G

FYI On Infiniti website is now offering 0.00% financing.

Old 11-09-2008, 01:04 AM
ckp
i remember when i was there buying my g-sedan last year. I walked in wearing sweats because I just got done playing basketball...and I brought a check book to buy the car, and was totally ready...so the guy comes and starts acting like a dick to me for no reason because i look young...i am 22, but i look like im 18, lol...so anways he tells me to come back with my dad when im ready to buy...so i asked for his manager, and told him I want the blueslate g35s for 3k off, and I will write the check right now on one condition...the manager says "whats that son?" i said "only if this guy (the original guy who told me to come back with my dad) doesn't get the commision" then that guy got real mad, and called me a "*****"...so long story short i still bought the car...then came back a week later, and the manager apologized and fired that salesman. lol sorry to jack the thread..

Old 11-09-2008, 09:23 AM
Wow - sounds pretty awful!

I had a very good experience with Ardmore outside of Philly. If you are interested you can PM me and I will give you my sales person's name, etc.

Very fair, I think I negotiated quite a good deal on my G and, although I was pretty firm and savvy with my approach, he showed me nothing but respect throughout the process.

If you are in Reading, they might even do a pick-up/drop off for service for you.

Again, PM me and I will give you his info. My bet is that he will probably do most everything over the phone with you.

Jay

Old 11-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by ckp
i remember when i was there buying my g-sedan last year. I walked in wearing sweats because I just got done playing basketball...and I brought a check book to buy the car, and was totally ready...so the guy comes and starts acting like a dick to me for no reason because i look young...i am 22, but i look like im 18, lol...so anways he tells me to come back with my dad when im ready to buy...so i asked for his manager, and told him I want the blueslate g35s for 3k off, and I will write the check right now on one condition...the manager says "whats that son?" i said "only if this guy (the original guy who told me to come back with my dad) doesn't get the commision" then that guy got real mad, and called me a "*****"...so long story short i still bought the car...then came back a week later, and the manager apologized and fired that salesman. lol sorry to jack the thread..
I didn't think you jacked the thread. This is a good story. thanks for telling it. I wish i could go talk to the manager, or this bozo's superior, but I agree with an earlier poster who said that this type of treatment probably trickles down from the top. I think it would only allow them to laugh some more. I will probably just go to the next dealer.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by DigMy35x
Wow - sounds pretty awful!

I had a very good experience with Ardmore outside of Philly. If you are interested you can PM me and I will give you my sales person's name, etc.

Very fair, I think I negotiated quite a good deal on my G and, although I was pretty firm and savvy with my approach, he showed me nothing but respect throughout the process.

If you are in Reading, they might even do a pick-up/drop off for service for you.

Again, PM me and I will give you his info. My bet is that he will probably do most everything over the phone with you.

Jay
I actually live in Harrisburg (central PA) and philly is about 2 hours depending on where in philly. there is a dealer in west chester (about 1 hour) and one east of philly which would only be about 1 hour 20 mins. so I'll check them out. I talked to the one over the phone a bunch already and he has treated me well. I gave him the best price that I got and he couldn't match it. The closest he could get was 500 or so. So now, I'll call him again and try to work some more on getting something else out of it because it seems that he will treat me well....at least until he too sees that I look young! -- kidding, hopefully. I don't mind paying a little more if its better service. sometimes its worth it.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:30 AM
again, there are NO DEALERS near my house. the closest dealer is 1 hour away. I do agree with you that they discriminated based on my age. I mentioned that earlier. but I didn't tell them that I had financing lined up. didn't tell them anything about my cash/trade until the deal and price was done. I would prefer not to deal with them, but I'll wait to see if they call me back to follow up after this botched sales attempt. we'll see. I bet they don't call, my friend thinks they do.
No car dealers whatsoever within an hour of you? Wow, where do you live, 1903?

I think you missed my main point. I wasn't recommending that you find an Infiniti dealer close to home. I was telling you to give up your infatuation with a G35 because it simply doesn't make sense for you. Face into that reality. Find another brand and model that you can buy close to home. There are a lot of great choices out there today. Find something that you can have serviced without a two hour round trip. Or, we can all laugh at your next post.

" Sh!tty dealer made me drive two hours round trip for the third time and the car still isn't right."
I'm beginning to understand why this dealer targeted you for "the treatment". You seem very enthusiastic about this particular car. You have to be willing to (or at least give the perception that you are willing to) walk away from the deal in any negotiation. This is especially true with car dealers.

Theres gotta be something in this list that appeals to you with a dealer in the Harrisburg area.
BMW 3
Cadillac CTS
Pontiac G8
Subaru Legacy
Mazda 6
Audi A4
Lexus IS350
Acura TL
Mercedes C
VW Passat

Last edited by SpudRacer; 11-09-2008 at 10:49 AM.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
My dealer is 145 miles away in San Antonio, HOWEVER, they have been one of the best dealers I have ever dealt with. It's a "one price" dealer. You don't like the price, look elsewhere, that's fine with me, I know I paid a bit more but I was treated like a king.

The only thing they tried to scam me on was my trade. I had a 2001 four door Chevy pick up and they only wanted to give me 9800 for it. I sold it myself for 14K. That was no big deal for me as I had to wait for 3 months for the car to come in.

The best thing you can do is do the research, know your price. Get "pre qualified" for a loan from somewhere else so you can say, "I'll write you a check". You might also get an "offer to buy" from CarMax on your TL.

The Dodge dealer offered my Brother in Law $600 less in trade than CarMax offered to buy his van for. The salesman said "would you really do that over $600?". "Damn skippy I would!" and he did on the way home with his new van.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:55 AM
I actually live in Harrisburg (central PA) and philly is about 2 hours depending on where in philly. there is a dealer in west chester (about 1 hour) and one east of philly which would only be about 1 hour 20 mins. so I'll check them out. I talked to the one over the phone a bunch already and he has treated me well. I gave him the best price that I got and he couldn't match it. The closest he could get was 500 or so. So now, I'll call him again and try to work some more on getting something else out of it because it seems that he will treat me well....at least until he too sees that I look young! -- kidding, hopefully. I don't mind paying a little more if its better service. sometimes its worth it.
I moved from CT to the State College area in 2004 for a three year stint. Like you, I had intended to buy a G35X at the time. But upon settling into central PA, I found that the nearest Infiniti dealer at the time was in Maryland about 150 miles away. I moved on and bought a car that made sense at the time. Now that I'm back in civilization (CT), we bought the G35 for my wife.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: gotta tell this story (re: at the dealer today) - long....