G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

4-in-1 Protection Policy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 11:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4-in-1 Protection Policy?

When I leased my G35x last weekend, the dealership was pushing a "4 in 1" coverage package for $695 that covers the car for Dents and Dings, Tire and Wheel Protection (pothole damage, etc.), Windshield Repair and Roadside Assistance (which is redundant since Infiniti also provides this).

Normally I wouldn't consider any extra warranties, but I live in the Chicago area, which is notorious for some serious potholes. I realize that I don't own the car since it's a lease, but replacing one of the upgraded 18" sport wheels would probably be more than the cost of the warranty. I'd like some opinions on whether you guys think this is a good idea or not. I can call back and cancel the coverage by the end of this week.

Thanks,

Brad H.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:01 PM
I'm assuming the $695 is split up over however long the lease is and just added to the payment? If that's the case I'd definitely go for it. There is nothing on earth that pisses me off more than door dings and small dents. I even go to the extreme of getting license plate numbers of those I have to park next to, haha.

For an extra $20 a month or so, I figure that would provide pretty good peace of mind.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Imo

I wouldn't touch any of that stuff with a 10-ft. pole. When I bought my car, I kept repeating the word "NO" every time the F&I guy opened his mouth. Those types of items are mostly gravy for the dealer.

That said, if you are considering buying it, I would sit down and go through the paperwork with a magnifying glass to see what exactly is covered and what is not. Unless I understood precisely what the paperwork is stating as being covered, I would run away.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by JMZ_blkobsidian
I wouldn't touch any of that stuff with a 10-ft. pole. When I bought my car, I kept repeating the word "NO" every time the F&I guy opened his mouth. Those types of items are mostly gravy for the dealer.

That said, if you are considering buying it, I would sit down and go through the paperwork with a magnifying glass to see what exactly is covered and what is not. Unless I understood precisely what the paperwork is stating as being covered, I would run away.
Good advice. Of course, I should have known that already since I'm a lawyer. I guess I was just exhausted at the end of the day and wanted to get out of there. I'll read up on it and decide if it's worth it, since I can still cancel it.

- Brad H.