G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Got Weathertech Floor mats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 01:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Defratos
That's it I'm convinced I need a set of these
Good choice You won't be disoppinted, trust me.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought the OEM rubber floor mats and I liked them until today. It's been snowing a lot in MN and the roads are a mess. I was doing some last minute xmas shopping today and noticed there was a pool of water in the mats (no surprise really since the parking lots were full of slush). But when I pulled up the mat, I was a little surprised....the carpet was soaking wet under them!!! After looking at the weathertech design, I think they would have prevented this. I guess I have to make the switch...

Old 12-23-2008, 09:10 PM
What's the best price anyone has paid for the front set of Weathertech floorliners? I see they are $100 on the website. Just curious if I should shop around a little.

Old 12-23-2008, 09:24 PM
yah that's about right, just make sure you get the LINERS not the floor mats. Rear and Front

Old 12-25-2008, 05:42 PM
Angry

I was planning on buying the floor liners for the longest time. After reading this thread I went on to buy it and I read the following message " Front liner will not fit Manual Transmissions" WT%.... This is the first time I have read this message. Does anyone have experience with this? Is there a work-around around this?

P.S. I have 6MT

Old 12-25-2008, 05:55 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
seen this in a magazine a few months ago, totally 4got to do some research on it. how much does it cost for a pair ?

Old 12-25-2008, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by playak47
I was planning on buying the floor liners for the longest time. After reading this thread I went on to buy it and I read the following message " Front liner will not fit Manual Transmissions" WT%.... This is the first time I have read this message. Does anyone have experience with this? Is there a work-around around this?

P.S. I have 6MT
I bet you could make it fit, the only difference I think is the clutch pedal will hit the plastic. So use a heat gun to mold that section down more?

Old 12-25-2008, 07:34 PM
That is exactly what I was thinking. I sent Weathertech an email. Hopefully they will respond with similar answer if they bother to look up the issue. Right now there are no other options and I really want to get it. I'll wait for the reply and get it either way. Thanks for the reply

Old 12-25-2008, 07:44 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Good post guys.
I was under the impression these were the same as OEM wintermats, but after seeing the pictures, these are much better for winter use.

Old 12-25-2008, 09:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought a set (front and rear) along with the trunk mat, when I got my G.. Love it...

Old 12-26-2008, 04:20 PM
I bought a set of front and back liners and bought the trunk liner. I love them. They don't fit my 2008 g35x as snugly as I hoped a small gap around the edges) but they are the best out there and better than the OEM. They will protect my floors perfectly and I've already had a few nasty rain storms and 2 snow storms where I live and all the salt, sand and stone pieces are in my liner as opposed to my carpets. Thank you weathertech!

Old 02-24-2009, 11:39 PM
Sorry to bump up an old thread, but I had a question about these WeatherTech liners/mats.

I just got a 2005 M6 Coupe... and it doesn't seem WeatherTech made the 'DigitalFit Floor Liners' according to their website for Years 2003-2006.

Does anyone know if the 2007 G35 Coupe Liners will fit without any issues?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 02-27-2009, 09:15 AM
Counterpoint....these mats are just plain ugly!

I'm sure Weathertech mats are quite functional (I don't live in the snow belt) but they sure are utilitarian looking. This seems a little counterproductive to me using ugly plastic mats to protect the appearance of your carpet mats. Why not just vacuum the carpet mats and replace them every couple years instead of having your interior look like a pickup truck?? In my view this is car bra logic. The bra protects the beautiful paint job but, unfortunately you have to drive around with a hideously ugly product draped onto the front of your vehicle. The only one to benefit from either one of these products is the guy who buys your car after you trade it in.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by Infinitude
I'm sure Weathertech mats are quite functional (I don't live in the snow belt) but they sure are utilitarian looking. This seems a little counterproductive to me using ugly plastic mats to protect the appearance of your carpet mats. Why not just vacuum the carpet mats and replace them every couple years instead of having your interior look like a pickup truck?? In my view this is car bra logic. The bra protects the beautiful paint job but, unfortunately you have to drive around with a hideously ugly product draped onto the front of your vehicle. The only one to benefit from either one of these products is the guy who buys your car after you trade it in.
I completely agree with you, but in the winter, unless you have a garage and quite a bit of spare time to clean out all of the sand, you're going to clean inside only once in a while. I'm going to post a picture of how much sand that thing captured. Along with easier cleaning, I don't have as much dust in the car as I would with the carpet mats, I'm allergic to dust but don't get to clean the car very often!

Old 02-27-2009, 11:53 AM
I tend to agree with Infinitude.... Although having seen these Floor Liners, I'm going to get them for my Wife's CRV and my Pathfinder. But they don't belong in my G. Love my Black Beauty with the Grey leather interior. Yes, I'm in northern suburbs of NY, plenty of nasty weather, but I just can't go that look in the G.

BTW: anyone find the best prices for the Floor Liners???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got Weathertech Floor mats