G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Got Weathertech Floor mats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 12:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Infinitude
I'm sure Weathertech mats are quite functional (I don't live in the snow belt) but they sure are utilitarian looking. This seems a little counterproductive to me using ugly plastic mats to protect the appearance of your carpet mats. Why not just vacuum the carpet mats and replace them every couple years instead of having your interior look like a pickup truck?? In my view this is car bra logic. The bra protects the beautiful paint job but, unfortunately you have to drive around with a hideously ugly product draped onto the front of your vehicle. The only one to benefit from either one of these products is the guy who buys your car after you trade it in.
+1

i do have to admit tho, the weathertech liners look kinda cool, but not enough snow or rain here to get them. however, if you drink coffee in your car, then these are a must have. has any of you smelled old coffee stains inside cars, in the heat? worst smell ever

Old 02-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
The weathertechs replace the carpet mats. My original carpet mats are nicely rolled up and stored in plastic for the future

Old 02-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ill give you $60 for these mats....will they fit my 2004 g35 coupe m/t?

Old 02-27-2009, 07:07 PM
I have a Black on Black 2008 G35 6MT. I have the floor liners. They do not look at all out of place. People have actually commented on how nice they were. I was initially skeptical about the look of plastic in infiniti where carpets should be but they look perfect in there. I think they are worth every penny. If you have questions regarding 6MT and floor liners just PM me. BTW I live in NJ so I do need it for winter time. Also in general if you spill something it is alot easy to contain because it will hold the liquid. I have all four of them front and back. Please dont assume until you try them out.

P.S. One thing I want to mention is black looks nice in my car but if you have different interior I am not sure how well the color is matched. If the color is not exact match then it might look out of place. I had few questions so I talked to them through email and phone, they seemed very nice and understanding. I definitely recommend these mats.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by kinzer
I completely agree with you, but in the winter, unless you have a garage and quite a bit of spare time to clean out all of the sand, you're going to clean inside only once in a while. I'm going to post a picture of how much sand that thing captured. Along with easier cleaning, I don't have as much dust in the car as I would with the carpet mats, I'm allergic to dust but don't get to clean the car very often!
I bought a new set of factory carpet mats. When it rains I throw the old dirty set in on top of them. I spent 20 bucks on a set of generic heavy black rubber mats from Pep Boys for when I go skiing although I leave them in the trunk until I actually get to the ski resort. I can't see Weathertech mats year round. Plastic mats just don't look right in a luxury sport sedan.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by san~man
The weathertechs replace the carpet mats. My original carpet mats are nicely rolled up and stored in plastic for the future
Exactly! The future being when the car is owned by someone else. I'd rather appreciate the look of my interior while I'm making the payments. Why keep it beautiful for the next guy?

Old 03-03-2009, 02:04 AM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
IMO these are great mats for trucks, SUV's, and for winter use for people who live in poor cimate areas. I actually have a full set of these on my truck, since I drive through job sites all the time... They are great mats, fit well, and have heldup well to years of abuse... but I wouldn't be caught dead with these in my G... I'd much rather replace my floor mats in my G every 6 months than have to loo at these every day. I've actually already replaced my factory ston matswith a set o factory graphite mats... They don't show the dirt nearly as badly and the extra contrast in the interior looks pretty good IMO. Of course, where I live we have 330+ days of sunshine a year, so I might change my tune if I lived in the Midwest or Northeast. LOL

Just my $.02

Old 09-11-2010, 12:25 AM
Do they fit for manual transmissions?

Anybody else have these on a 6MT sedan? The Weathertech order page has a section called "Fit Notes" that says "Front liner will not fit Manual Transmissions"

I just bought a 2008 6MT and would love to get these, but want to be absolutely sure that they will fit right.

Originally Posted by playak47
I have a Black on Black 2008 G35 6MT. I have the floor liners. They do not look at all out of place. People have actually commented on how nice they were. I was initially skeptical about the look of plastic in infiniti where carpets should be but they look perfect in there. I think they are worth every penny. If you have questions regarding 6MT and floor liners just PM me. BTW I live in NJ so I do need it for winter time. Also in general if you spill something it is alot easy to contain because it will hold the liquid. I have all four of them front and back. Please dont assume until you try them out.

P.S. One thing I want to mention is black looks nice in my car but if you have different interior I am not sure how well the color is matched. If the color is not exact match then it might look out of place. I had few questions so I talked to them through email and phone, they seemed very nice and understanding. I definitely recommend these mats.

Old 09-11-2010, 08:25 AM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
There's a guy just a few posts up that said he had the floor liners in his 6mt.
I know there's another thread around here somewhere that answers this question.
I'll go digging...

Old 09-11-2010, 08:31 AM
I'd call them.
From what I can find, the floor liners fit, since all G's have the same interior.
The only difference is that the retaining tabs on the floor may be in a different location.
The mats themself should fit.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:10 AM
Thanks AV, I'll do that. I did some searching and found plenty of people on other auto forums who put the liners in cars with manual trannys and had no issues at all. WT had the same fit note warning for their cars.

I will talk to WT and see what they say. I will most likely order them soon no matter what but if anybody comes across pics of them in a 6MT G, please post them.

Originally Posted by AesonVirus
I'd call them.
From what I can find, the floor liners fit, since all G's have the same interior.
The only difference is that the retaining tabs on the floor may be in a different location.
The mats themself should fit.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:30 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
any pics of what the rears look like?

Old 09-11-2010, 12:04 PM
/\... I only bought the fronts.
I had the OEM all-seasons and the fronts fell apart but the rears are like brand new.... so I saved a few bucks and got the Weathertechs in the front only.

Old 09-12-2010, 02:28 AM
So where did you guys ending up buying the floor liners from? I'm about to pull the trigger from the weathertech website.