G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

End Of Lease Inpection Tips?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
End Of Lease Inpection Tips?

My lease is up and I am scheduling the inspection by the third party company.

I plan to get the car washed and cleaned well.

Any other tips.. the car is in great condition.

Thanks

Old 12-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
take off any mods you have lol

Old 12-26-2008, 02:19 PM
I had my '05 G35 inspection a couple months ago....and passed with flying colors. I was under mileage and didn't have any dings, but they would have given me $500 in free repair. I wasn't there when he inspected it but it took him about 30 minutes. I know they check tire tread depth and tire brand to make sure they're equiv to the OEM ones. I'm not sure if he drove it or not, but I would think so to make sure everything runs properly. If it's in great shape, then I wouldn't worry about it.

Good Luck.

Old 12-26-2008, 03:10 PM
Lease inspection

From my experience, if you take the time to clean the car and it is good condition, you are a big winner.

I know someone who turned in a TL that was in less than perfect condition and because of the pre turn in inspection wasn't charged anything.

I always worry about having tires that may need replecement (the TL I mentioned had tires in serious need of replacement), or wheels that may have some parking rash, as long as these items are not in poor condition you should not have any charges.

Good luck

Old 12-26-2008, 03:45 PM
If your tires are good, and you have no dings, your all good to go. They don't drive they car, they only sit inside and check if the electronics work.

Old 12-27-2008, 12:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you are getting another Infiniti you should be ok with a few minor problems.

Old 12-27-2008, 06:48 AM
I just went through this in August. Had about 29k miles on original OEM tires (M35x) and when I tell you these babies were worn - I am not exaggerating.

I only got hit for 2 tires.

I also had a barely dented front fender. I was buying a G at the Infiniti dealership so they had their 'guy' who fixes their new cars dents come over and fix the dent for me. The max it would have cost was about $150 but it only ended up costing $35. If you are buying a new car somewhere, ask if they have someone that can do this work at their discounted price. My dealer was great about this.

The only other thing that came up was that I only had 1 key fob at the dealership since I had the inspection done a few days before I took delivery on my new car. I believe I was charged $265 for that puppy.

So my best advice is to get a copy of the inspection report - I think something got added after the inspection that I had to argue for them to remove. Also, MAKE SURE TO GET SOMETHING SIGNED BY THE DEALERSHIP THAT YOU RETURNED BOTH KEYS!!!!!!
I had the one lease return inventory sheet that showed I turned in both keys but I had to get something else signed to satisfy Infiniti. It was a pain in the *!#@&$!.

I also got the $500 allowance so it turned out I only needed 2 tires and I paid about $15 or $30 with the allowance. FYI - if your tires are really bad, get the inspection done a few days in advance and if you need any new tires - go and buy an el cheapo set (they are supposed to be comparable so check the ratings, etc) or buy 2 if necessary. Again, just so that you can maximize the $500.

Then you can ask for a re-inspection to get the charges removed. Again - make sure you get everything in writing!!!! The inspection, the work done, the re-inspection and SOMETHING SHOWING BOTH KEY FOBS RETURNED!!!

Old 12-28-2008, 11:46 AM
if you have a black car think about getting it waxed, detailed, lol maybe even some new paint no joke one of my friends had a 04 G35 and a TINY scratch like an inch long and you couldn't really see it unless you were at an angle and under the sun. He got charged $170+. Then again that dealer he got it from has been known for being like that.

Old 12-31-2008, 07:54 PM
The cars are inspected by an independent party. I just turned in a Maxima lease and picked up a G35x last week. The cars go to auction and the dealer has no input. I had a minor ding from a car door opening into mine as well as several small scratches/chips.
The car was black. I received no charges for excessive wear.
I wouldn't bother waxing it..they are going to clean it when it gets prepped for auction anyway. They are looking for costlier repairs.

Good luck.