G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Driving Impressions..2 yrs and 37k miles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 10:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driving Impressions..2 yrs and 37k miles

Had my 07 G35 journey with premium for 2 yrs. 37k miles later here's my driving impressions. Keep in mind that my cars prior to the G were an 2000 BMW 328i and a 2001 BMW 740i.

engine still strong, if not stronger, than when new. No real creeks or squeals. Handling and steering still feels tight.

The body and paint is ok, I have the OB and there's lots of scratches and swirl marks. Overall, still looks good. I keep the car garaged.

The interior is holding up ok. A bit disappointed with the leather seats. The driver seat is looking a bit worn after 2 years which is a shock.

MPG is right around low 20s combo 30% street, 70% freeway.

No problems with reliability. maint. cost reasonable compare to my BMWs.

Overall, I like the car, not in love with it but best bang for the buck.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:21 AM
Originally Posted by SactoG35
Had my 07 G35 journey with premium for 2 yrs. 37k miles later here's my driving impressions. Keep in mind that my cars prior to the G were an 2000 BMW 328i and a 2001 BMW 740i.

engine still strong, if not stronger, than when new. No real creeks or squeals. Handling and steering still feels tight.

The body and paint is ok, I have the OB and there's lots of scratches and swirl marks. Overall, still looks good. I keep the car garaged.

The interior is holding up ok. A bit disappointed with the leather seats. The driver seat is looking a bit worn after 2 years which is a shock.

MPG is right around low 20s combo 30% street, 70% freeway.

No problems with reliability. maint. cost reasonable compare to my BMWs.

Overall, I like the car, not in love with it but best bang for the buck.

I'm very disappointed with the seats (specifically my drive side). After like a month the left thigh support was already very worn out and wrinkly. I think it's a little ridiculous that just normal getting in and out wore out that thigh support so fast - it looks terrible. And I keep it "deflated" (sports package)

Old 01-03-2009, 06:22 PM
oh definitely hear you on the leather. I'm at 14 months of ownership and now I'm using leather care lotion like mad to slow the rate of wearing, and I don't even have 12K miles on it yet.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the parts where you get in and out of the car is gonna show signs of wear...its inevitable

Old 01-03-2009, 07:50 PM
I agree on the leather seats. Of course they will wear over time, but they wear way too fast.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by JudgeSmails
I agree on the leather seats. Of course they will wear over time, but they wear way too fast.

exactly my thought. I feel my previous car didn't show the amount of leather wear I have on my current infinity until like year 4/5.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:39 PM
I agree as well, the driver side seat (specifically the left thigh support) stinks! I have 18K miles on my 08' Journey and it looks worse than a 3 year old car.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did not have problem with my 07 seats. It was just like new almost 2 years and 30k miles. It is good to see that is the biggest problems you have.

tg

Old 01-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by popcornten
I'm very disappointed with the seats (specifically my drive side). After like a month the left thigh support was already very worn out and wrinkly. I think it's a little ridiculous that just normal getting in and out wore out that thigh support so fast - it looks terrible. And I keep it "deflated" (sports package)
I see this on a lot of 1G G35s the leather is a nice supple leather and evidently does not wear well.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:06 PM
I'm at 2 years and 48k miles. My biggest disappointment was having to get a new manual transmission.

I've also got OB Sport and they paint is showing swirls. My Dad has a black 2006 M45 back home and its paint seems to have held up better. His car has 60k.

Also I'm disappointed in the rubber paint on the door grab/switches on the driver's door. I also wish I could’ve gone with a black interior with wood (though might not be an option). My seats haven't worn that bad than any other leather car I've had, but I try and be careful when I get in and out. It seems like my mileage has actually improved a mpg or 2 when on the interstate. I never monitor it in town. I had a bad creaking a month ago around and they replaced a part of the instrument housing to fix it. I'm trying to fix all the picky things before the warranty runs out.

I’ve been more careful on my shifting to try and prolong the life of this tranny. I plan on keeping the car for at least 150k, then maybe gutting it and making a track car?

Old 01-05-2009, 06:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 G35 Journey Sedan no sunroof
Originally Posted by ugaexploder
the parts where you get in and out of the car is gonna show signs of wear...its inevitable
Not if you're careful...... don't slide in and out of the car.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:05 PM
My 2004 Acura TL had the same seat issues.... saw a similar issue with MB's and Lexus... what ya gunna do ..

Old 01-06-2009, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by greg_atlanta
Not if you're careful...... don't slide in and out of the car.
Sliding out of the car has nothing to do with it. Swing your left leg as high as possible, use the handle above the door to pull yourself -- it doesn't matter. Your thigh still hits the seat's bolster. The bolsters are probably too high. Not only does it affect the wear of the leather, but it seems to me like I've read many complaints about the comfort of the seats.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:09 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Wear on my seats is about the same as my Acura TL-S I think its just normal wear. If your a fat person, probably more wear than normal. My sole complaint would be the rubbery finish on the interior door handles and around the steering wheel controls. They are so scratched up and I have no idea why? I don't wear any rings, its such an eye sore. But I love my car!!! I would buy it all over again!

Old 01-07-2009, 10:48 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I noticed the driver seat showing wear after only a few months. After then I am very careful about getting in and out the car. I try not to touch it when I do.. lol I also got my friend angry who isn't the smallest guy in the world when I told him to be careful when he got in and out! LOL but he understood once he saw me do the same..

Just saw the 09 G37 sedan commercial on TV... However, I still love my G!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Driving Impressions..2 yrs and 37k miles