G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Speakers Sizes for Bose System

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 04:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Speakers Sizes for Bose System

Can anyone tell me what the sizes are for the speakers for the Bose equipped systems? I did a search but only found speaker sizes on non-bose systems.
also, what do you all recommend for speakers that produce more bass?
thanks

Old 01-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's usually not recommended to replace Bose speakers. Bose systems are unique form almost every other audio manufacturer; they use 1 OHM speakers, were the vast majority of others use 4 OHM (this partly why their units are so efficient). Replacing the speakers would sound terrible since the headunit wouldn't be able to drive them properly.
A quick google search lead me to this posting over at the Maxima forums -> http://forums.maxima.org/audio-elect...nt-thread.html

If you want more bass, you would probably need to add an additional amp at the very least (or a bass tube).

E

Old 01-20-2009, 07:25 PM
IIRC they are 10"...one in each front door and on the rear deck.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by TheIvoryG
IIRC they are 10"...one in each front door and on the rear deck.
What about the mids, and the center channel that is on the dash?

Old 01-22-2009, 03:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Youd have to change the whole audio system to make it sound any better bro. You can't put any other speakers on the Bose system, it'll sound like ****.

Some guy did it on a G37 and he spent 5000 just to replace everything.
Even the head unit.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Hey cnugs,

I replaced all four door speakers in my 2005 G35x Sedan with JBL 6.5" GTO637 3 way speakers. To mount them I just cut the stock bose speakers out of the black ring mount, ground off a 1/4" lip and re-used the black ring. The online sources I found said the deeper depth of the GTO637 would not fit in the front doors, but the method I used above worked great.

It made a tremendous improvement in the sound of they system!!! I did not change the Head unit, or add any amp's. Total cost was about $130.00 for the 4 speakers. <got them from a vendor on Amazon.com>.

My next project is to replace the stock subwoofer with a punch subwoofer ... to the stock rear deck subwoofer area...

Carry on,
Phill

Old 01-23-2009, 12:37 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PlKnapp
Hey cnugs,

I replaced all four door speakers in my 2005 G35x Sedan with JBL 6.5" GTO637 3 way speakers. To mount them I just cut the stock bose speakers out of the black ring mount, ground off a 1/4" lip and re-used the black ring. The online sources I found said the deeper depth of the GTO637 would not fit in the front doors, but the method I used above worked great.

It made a tremendous improvement in the sound of they system!!! I did not change the Head unit, or add any amp's. Total cost was about $130.00 for the 4 speakers. <got them from a vendor on Amazon.com>.

My next project is to replace the stock subwoofer with a punch subwoofer ... to the stock rear deck subwoofer area...

Carry on,
Phill
Phill- did you have the BOSE system in your G35X? The point of the OP was to swap out the OEM BOSE speakers and the other posters pointed out the potential problems. I'm curious to find out if this can be done with a factory BOSE headunit.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:14 PM
Good decision, the Bose system is terrible. You definitely want to replace with a 3-way system if possible - I'd recommend something like the Dynaudio System 362, DLS Iridium 3-way, Morel Audio Elate or Rainbow Audio Vanadiums. You can fit a 10" driver in the door, so sky is the limit. These might be expensive for you, or not.

FYI - you shouldn't be driving any of these speakers, or any speakers in general for that matter, off of the head unit. Buy a quality amp.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:49 AM
the rear speakers suck on the bose system, thats y i got a W7 baby

Old 03-02-2009, 12:08 AM
Yes to Bose system

Originally Posted by dkmura
Phill- did you have the BOSE system in your G35X? The point of the OP was to swap out the OEM BOSE speakers and the other posters pointed out the potential problems. I'm curious to find out if this can be done with a factory BOSE headunit.
Hey Dk, (Sorry it's taken me so long to respond)

Yes I have the Bose system. 6cd changer, and bose sub woofer in the rear deck <sedan>. This head unit will play MP3's.. and I really like it. It will display the tagging info from the MP3's and the folder name as well. with the 6 cd's full of MP3's (about 75 songs per CD) I don't have to fight with the FM transmitter from my ipod anymore.. that is nice. I've got a subwoofer kit from Kenwood that I'm going to begin the install this week.. we'll see how that goes.

Carry on,
Phill

Old 03-02-2009, 12:12 AM
Speakers et al

Originally Posted by la fin du monde
Good decision, the Bose system is terrible. You definitely want to replace with a 3-way system if possible - I'd recommend something like the Dynaudio System 362, DLS Iridium 3-way, Morel Audio Elate or Rainbow Audio Vanadiums. You can fit a 10" driver in the door, so sky is the limit. These might be expensive for you, or not.

FYI - you shouldn't be driving any of these speakers, or any speakers in general for that matter, off of the head unit. Buy a quality amp.
Hey LA,
Yes a bit rich for my blood.. Crimony I listen to talk radio much of the time.. how good can AM sound!! hehehe.

Phill

Old 03-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
I don't know if anyone answered this, but the mids in the front doors are about 3 inches in diameter. I just measured mine from the back without taking it out so I don't know what the exact spec says. It looks like 3" to me though. I'm not sure about the dash or the tweeters.

P.S. I'm currently installing an aftermarket system and I didn't spend 5K....still pricey though.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:19 PM
tweets: 1 inch
mids: 3 inches
midwoofers: 10 inches
rear doors: 6.5 inches
sub: 10 inches
center:? (didn't replace)

morel elate 9 fits the front stage perfectly

Old 03-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
^ +1 to militant.

The front a-pillar tweeters are 1" soft dome the mids in the upper door are 3" and all 3 woofers (front doors and rear deck) are shallow mount 10" drivers. The rear 10" driver in the Bose system is a 6 ohm, btw, not 1 ohm.

My Father and I actually supply loudspeakers to a number of different companies, including Polk, Klipsch, etc... We are currently in the process of designing a new rear deck subwoofer that would be a direct bolt in replacement for the factory Bose unit. This driver would have a much higher Q and BL, as well as a larger magnet assembly and a larger amp, so it would have a frequency response closer to 25 Hz, where the factory Bose driver is around 60 Hz, plus is would be much more efficient and capably of playing at higher db's. Right now this is a "pet project" of ours as we both have G's, and my Dad has a 350Z, as well, but if we get enough interest, we might start offering it for sale.

So, Travis, when are you gonna let me pull your factory Bose driver out to send off to my Dad in Indiana?

The following users liked this post:
909 (11-27-2019)
Old 03-05-2009, 05:17 PM
Adrian,

This would be something that I would be very intrested in. I am sure that a lot of people here would be too.

I was looking at removing my CD changer since I never use it and installing a amp in its place for a nice clean look.

Keep us posted if it ever happens.

Kevin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Speakers Sizes for Bose System