G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

XDC Motorsports Carbon Fiber Diffuser

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 09:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Q8y_drifter
are the ridges going to be visible?
yeah they're almost going to be like three streaks coming from the stock diffuser all the way to the rear diffuser being made...

Old 01-31-2009, 09:59 AM
for pricing im not exactly sure yet...but they mentioned 400-450 for a CF diffuser, and 250 for a fiberglass one...but the thing is, this will be a one-off piece until someone decides they want this, which i'm sure some of you will want ...they did this so the part would be made no matter what

any suggestions would be appreciated...oh and also, he's going more with the idea of the access evolution rear diffuser, but as you can tell from pics...it's not going to make the bottom part of the license plate stick out like the access evolution diffuser, instead the license plate will sit flush

Old 01-31-2009, 10:27 AM
Looks awesome, but i have a question how much clearance do i need between the tip of my exhaust and the diffuser? Look at this pic I have almost none will it fit?

Old 01-31-2009, 11:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW, looks promising man! Cant wait for the final product!

Old 01-31-2009, 02:03 PM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by ugaexploder
any suggestions would be appreciated...oh and also, he's going more with the idea of the access evolution rear diffuser, but as you can tell from pics...it's not going to make the bottom part of the license plate stick out like the access evolution diffuser, instead the license plate will sit flush
the access evo one looks great. it would be awesome if they designed their's the same way

Old 01-31-2009, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Csquared
Looks awesome, but i have a question how much clearance do i need between the tip of my exhaust and the diffuser? Look at this pic I have almost none will it fit?

i wouldn't worry about the clearance between the tip and the diffuser. keep in mind i have aftermarket exhausts and there is hardly any clearance between the muffler tip and my bumper, so if it works on mine, it'll work on anyones exhaust setup...as long as your not running an unorthodox setup

Old 01-31-2009, 02:43 PM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
just a quick question, how is it going to be mounted? is it permanent?

and on a side note, does insurance cover the diffuser if someone hit you from the back? (or any aftermarket part for that matter)

Old 01-31-2009, 02:48 PM
^^, i wasn't exactly sure how we were going to mount it either...i think his idea is to use the bottom screws of the license plate area where we can have holes for on the difuser...i think we're going to try to attach the CF diffuser to the stock diffuser under the car as well...i think 3M tape will be used too

insurance...if someone hits you, this piece will be done for...i think there are insurance companies out there who cover aftermarket parts...you just have to show them the receipt for it...not sure if you have to pay anything additional though

Old 01-31-2009, 06:50 PM
i wanna see the finalized!!!! Hopefully not too pricey!!! If 400+.I would said

Old 01-31-2009, 08:21 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
Very promising! I think the stock back end needs some finishing touches and this diffuser would definitely be the ticket. Just do NOT make it over the top! Our cars are classy/sporty and most of us do not want anything approaching rice!

Old 01-31-2009, 11:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I hope they change the angle of the edge fins because it looks like they're pointing down.

Old 02-01-2009, 03:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by supracrazy
I hope they change the angle of the edge fins because it looks like they're pointing down.
X2..good question

Old 02-01-2009, 04:28 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Can you make a direct replica of this? I mean to the "T", and I'm a happy man.

Old 02-01-2009, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by earth0
i wanna see the finalized!!!! Hopefully not too pricey!!! If 400+.I would said
we should have two different options, one for CF which will be in the 400 range, and the regular satin black finish will be in the 200-250 range...pricing isn't final yet since they still have to make final touches on the mold...i'm taking the car in monday after my first midterm for the final fitting stage...

Originally Posted by mishmosh
Very promising! I think the stock back end needs some finishing touches and this diffuser would definitely be the ticket. Just do NOT make it over the top! Our cars are classy/sporty and most of us do not want anything approaching rice!
making something ricey is out of the question

we'll try to make it look nice man, i'm against rice just as much as you are and i won't stand for crap...i don't think this will be the case bro, it's gonna be nice...Everything will have smooth edges and look like it's supposed to be there

Originally Posted by supracrazy
yeah we're going to fix the part that sticks out just a little, ie smooth out the edges and make sure the part that is pointing down fits with the lines of the bumper...keep the suggestions coming though, because i have to take it in monday and i would like as many good ideas i can get so we have a product everyone is satisfied with

heyitsalex, we are actually trying to mimic the access evolution diffuser you posted, except we're fixing the license plate area...if you look at the pics that were posted, there isn't an indention for the license plate so the bottom part of the license plate looks haggard in all those pictures...we're also going to have the ridges in the right place coming up instead of just two randomly placed streggs...anyways, keep 'em coming! thanks for the ideas

Old 02-01-2009, 12:33 PM
My suggestion is to make it Functional haha stick it in a windpipe lol, I'm kidding looks good can't wait.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: XDC Motorsports Carbon Fiber Diffuser