G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

XDC Motorsports Carbon Fiber Diffuser

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 02:50 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Thanks for the pics Uga!

I've really been on the fence with this one and honestly, the pics have me leaning toward "no" more than "yes"

I'm gonna sit and stare at these for a few more days before deciding.
Thanks again!

Old 06-15-2009, 03:10 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
AWESOME! I think flat black looks way better on your car! I think this diffuser looks way better than the japanese one. I'd definitely be in on that action if I didn't already sign up for the Blacktop one. KUDOS is in order in any case.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
that looks good!!
flat black is definitely better looking too. Can't wait to see the other designs now

Last edited by Q8y_drifter; 06-15-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
I've really been on the fence with this one and honestly, the pics have me leaning toward "no" more than "yes"
I'll be damned if new guy was right... you are a window shopper!!!

Old 06-15-2009, 04:58 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by mishmosh
I'll be damned if new guy was right... you are a window shopper!!!
LOL... friggen new guy!

Well, let the record show that he called someone else the window shopper. I just felt like I was in that same category.

I'm still not convinced one way or another. I'm waiting for more pics. I'd love to see another one on a car without the rear spats.
It's a lot of dough and I don't throw it out the door until I'm 100% sold on the idea.

Hmm... I guess I am a window shopper!

Old 06-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks UGA, Was the price 250 for the matt black one again?

Also what is the diffuser made out of because i see that it goes over the exhaust so that the fumes would be directly on the diffuser, i hope it can stand up the heat and stuff.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:10 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
No GB posts Please!!!!

It's great that UGA has worked on this, but the vendor is not a site sponsor.
Posts for orders & pricing will have to be deleted.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by Csquared
Thanks UGA, Was the price 250 for the matt black one again?

Also what is the diffuser made out of because i see that it goes over the exhaust so that the fumes would be directly on the diffuser, i hope it can stand up the heat and stuff.
it's made from fiberglass, i don't think the exhaust heat will do anything to the diffuser. i know they have a few made already, so shoot me a PM if you guys want to know how you can get the diffuser

Old 06-17-2009, 08:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Wow...that is just what the doctor ordered. Props to you for designing a good looking rear diffuser! I'm in for one...once I buy a G! lol

Old 06-18-2009, 06:20 PM
so here's the deal. we had to modify the piece from the first mold to make it fit better into the valence area. now it fits perfect, there was no need to wiggle and place. once you put the part on, there is nowhere else for the part to go except in the slot. all the edges are sealed and once you follow the instructions on how to put the diffuser on your bumper, it will be there for good. there's going to be a new mold made for the perfect fitting diffuser. i would give it early next week when more will be made in both fiberglass and carbon fiber.

on another note, i'm going to try and call a buddy in town to come do a test-fit on his non-spat bumper...the fitment should be great. send me your e-mail if you want one

Old 06-18-2009, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by illusive45
Wow...that is just what the doctor ordered. Props to you for designing a good looking rear diffuser! I'm in for one...once I buy a G! lol
you got some sweet rides bro, but you definitely need to scoop a G sedan

Old 06-18-2009, 08:01 PM
Thanks Uga, sorry i didnt' want to go through the whole thread again, but your thing is stuck up with tape and screws? but no drilling right?

Old 06-18-2009, 09:08 PM
yeah i drove around with it for a few days with just 3M tape. it held up fine, but the guys at the shop told me it would be a good idea to use glue in the instructions. the screws will definitely help too, but i knew it would be fine without them. the screws will be hidden by the license plate if you were wondering also

i might just stick with the fiberglass one, still on the fence...i kinda want the carbon fiber, but the matte black looks really good...plus diffusers are usually matte black anyway...

i will probably be doing some new things to the car in the next few months...thinking about black suede headliner, paint all the vents black, get those weathertech floor mats, and probably throw a 9500ci laser jammer in there...but we'll see

Old 06-18-2009, 09:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ugaexploder
yeah i drove around with it for a few days with just 3M tape. it held up fine, but the guys at the shop told me it would be a good idea to use glue in the instructions. the screws will definitely help too, but i knew it would be fine without them. the screws will be hidden by the license plate if you were wondering also

i might just stick with the fiberglass one, still on the fence...i kinda want the carbon fiber, but the matte black looks really good...plus diffusers are usually matte black anyway...

i will probably be doing some new things to the car in the next few months...thinking about black suede headliner, paint all the vents black, get those weathertech floor mats, and probably throw a 9500ci laser jammer in there...but we'll see
^that's absolutely brilliant. Possibly one of the smartest applications I've ever heard - so we can pull it off and it won't show. I'm impressed with these guys already!

Agreed - the matte black looks great. I feel like carbon fiber, although a great material, can look ricey even when it's done tastefully.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:42 PM
looks nice

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: XDC Motorsports Carbon Fiber Diffuser