G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Switch bezels....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am 100% sure he'll give you the good ones. But when you pm him he'll help you. 07 and 08 even 09 are same size just different material.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you very much tg!! I just pm'ed him so I hope I can order these soon!! Also, do you know if they are hard to switch out?? Would like to do this myself and it seems fairly simple.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:56 AM
It's extremely simple. Give me a second and Ill show you the spot to pop them out from.........

Old 03-01-2009, 12:04 PM
There's a very small gap in this space indicated. I simply used one of those small flathead tiny screwdrivers that fix glasses(Do you know what Im talking about? I dont know the specific name) That first clip is a bit tough but once you pop it out just use your hand to pop the rest out. The window and mirror switch is attached to the bezel itself with clips so simply pop it out, pop it in the new ones and align it with the door and give a a couple of shoves and snaps right in.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Awesome! Thanks so much for the help Phil! How long did it take for you to get these after you ordered them? I will order all 4 as soon as Rick responds to my PM. You said you called Riverside? Think calling them will be faster?

Old 03-01-2009, 12:36 PM
I actually didnt order them. I called Rick and they were in stock. I picked them up I went and Rick was very helpful.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:39 PM
I thought this scratch problem only occured on black bezels. Mine are scratched too. I put my keys in the door cup. That's one problem with keyless ignition, no where to put your keys. Driving with keys in your pockets can hurt.

Are the newer, harder bezels a different finish (i.e. shinier). If so will I need to replace both side to match. The passenger side it A-ok.

Old 03-01-2009, 03:32 PM
[QUOTE=EWG35;3967252]I thought this scratch problem only occured on black bezels. Mine are scratched too. I put my keys in the door cup. That's one problem with keyless ignition, no where to put your keys. Driving with keys in your pockets can hurt.

Are the newer, harder bezels a different finish (i.e. shinier). If so will I need to replace both side to match. The passenger

There is a slot on the left side below the trunk and VSD button that is made for you to put you keys in..

On the other note. Does the kit from Rick come with front and rear (4 piece) or only fronts(two piece)?

I think it would be out of place to only have the front's in black and not the rears too..

Old 03-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EWG35
I thought this scratch problem only occured on black bezels. Mine are scratched too. I put my keys in the door cup. That's one problem with keyless ignition, no where to put your keys. Driving with keys in your pockets can hurt.

Are the newer, harder bezels a different finish (i.e. shinier). If so will I need to replace both side to match. The passenger side it A-ok.
My 08 had the same finish as my 07. There is no diffenreces between the 2. No sure about the 09 but I guess they are same too. Rick knows better for sure.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by G35driver101
There is a slot on the left side below the trunk and VSD button that is made for you to put you keys in..
That slot is for putting your key in when the battery is low. Plus if you hung your keys from there would it not hit your left shin while driving? You'd have to bend down each time you start your car to find the slot. Not really ideal.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:08 PM
yea the spot for the bmw is better than ours (slightly to the bottom right of the start button) but i usually just put my keys in the cup holder

Old 03-01-2009, 11:24 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by EWG35

Your pants are too tight bro

...seriously, one of the reasons I love keyless is they never leave my pocket.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:44 AM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Wow Phil... Those look great!!! Love the graphite with the stone. I was thinking of wrapping mine in CF cloth when they get scratched up, but alas, I think I've got the newer material ones, because mine have never gotten a scratch on them, even with my wife (and her long nails) driving the car all the time.

Also, you should look into getting the graphite floor mats for your stone interior too. I picked up a set from Rick when I was over there lasy week and am very happy with them. The contrast between the dark floor mats and the stone interior looks great IMO, plus I won't have to keep cleaning them once or twice a month like th stone colored one. Here are a couple of pics.

Originally Posted by orlandocano
But if I order these from Rick, will I be getting the new "harder plastic" ones that come in the '08 models? Will they fit perfectly?

Hey man... If you deal with Rick, he will definitely take care of you and make sure you get the most up to date parts. I live very close to them, so I am in there a lot. They sell to people all over the country (even out of the country) and can easily ship to you in Florida. You can PM him on here, but he is so busy that you're probably better off calling him directly. You can call him at 800-919-8130.... or e-mail him directly at reudave@riversideinfiniti.com. His full name is Rick Eudave and he is their "Internet Parts Advisor". Make sure to tell him that you are a foum member here on G35Driver, as they are a forum sponsor and give decent discounts to members. Good luck.

Adrian

Old 03-03-2009, 01:49 AM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by orlandocano
Awesome! Thanks so much for the help Phil! How long did it take for you to get these after you ordered them? I will order all 4 as soon as Rick responds to my PM. You said you called Riverside? Think calling them will be faster?
Definitely call. Rick is VERY busy and responds to requests in this order:

1. Walk-In
2. Telephone
3. Direct E-mail
4. eBay Page
5. Forum PM's
6. Forum Posts

Since your not close, you'll definitely get the fastest response if you call them. I put his direct contact information for you in my above post.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Wow Phil... Those look great!!! Love the graphite with the stone. I was thinking of wrapping mine in CF cloth when they get scratched up, but alas, I think I've got the newer material ones, because mine have never gotten a scratch on them, even with my wife (and her long nails) driving the car all the time.

Also, you should look into getting the graphite floor mats for your stone interior too. I picked up a set from Rick when I was over there lasy week and am very happy with them. The contrast between the dark floor mats and the stone interior looks great IMO, plus I won't have to keep cleaning them once or twice a month like th stone colored one. Here are a couple of pics.

Hey man... If you deal with Rick, he will definitely take care of you and make sure you get the most up to date parts. I live very close to them, so I am in there a lot. They sell to people all over the country (even out of the country) and can easily ship to you in Florida. You can PM him on here, but he is so busy that you're probably better off calling him directly. You can call him at 800-919-8130.... or e-mail him directly at reudave@riversideinfiniti.com. His full name is Rick Eudave and he is their "Internet Parts Advisor". Make sure to tell him that you are a foum member here on G35Driver, as they are a forum sponsor and give decent discounts to members. Good luck.

Adrian
Sweet! How much do these run for?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Switch bezels....