G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Dropped the G off at the stealership for his second overnight stay...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Dropped the G off at the stealership for his second overnight stay...

I decided to have everything done all at once. Driving an 08Base with huge letters on the back windshield LOANER. LOL

TSB-sunroof lining cracked (new lining), TSB-driver seat rocking (replacing some bracket), 3rd valve body replacement, tranny started shuddering again. Auto up windows quit on me, they showed me how to reset it, they go out every other month. I also asked them to check out my engine mounts, when I start the car, seems like the whole front end shakes. Its weird, I'll find out if all the mounts are fine tomorrow. I had a engine mount replaced on my TL-S at 17k so I told them its not unheard of.

Mileage 29,834. I bought the G to be a long term car it better turn out that way.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:05 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
I am always scared to drop my car off at the dealership overnight. Last time I did that, I just got this feeling that my car was driven by someone else, probably a bored graveyard shift service tech on midnight joyride. I couldn't really prove it b/c I didn't check my mileage before dropping it off but driver seat position and the mirrors were changed, and I just FELT like someone else had drove it. HAHA some of you might think I am crazy.. but I just KNOW it!!!

Anyway, good luck with the fix! Hope she's good as new when you get her back!

BTW I need to take my car in for some warranty service also..
- Occasional Navi/Computer freezing on start up
- Front passenger side airbag fix
- Vibration in the front passenger seat

Old 03-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by J2S2M
I am always scared to drop my car off at the dealership overnight. Last time I did that, I just got this feeling that my car was driven by someone else, probably a bored graveyard shift service tech on midnight joyride. I couldn't really prove it b/c I didn't check my mileage before dropping it off but driver seat position and the mirrors were changed, and I just FELT like someone else had drove it. HAHA some of you might think I am crazy.. but I just KNOW it!!!

Anyway, good luck with the fix! Hope she's good as new when you get her back!

BTW I need to take my car in for some warranty service also..
- Occasional Navi/Computer freezing on start up
- Front passenger side airbag fix
- Vibration in the front passenger seat
LOL-funny, ok your paranoid. Nothing special about my car when they could take a coupe on the road and beat it LOL. But I always write my mileage down and they know it. I also tell them not to run my AC when they take it out for a test drive unless they are going to top off my gas tank LOL!!! They know I'm cheap!

Thanks, I'll post on the outcome with the front end shake when I get it back.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think they beat on my car as bad as I do on daily basis. LOL But if you want just write down your milage as you said. If you see some extra milage(for no reason) just ask the service manager's key and take his car out for a power slide front of him. Once you give the key back just tell him now you guys are equal. LOL J/K

op You have way to many problems. You should look into lemn law in your state and get all the documentations ready.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
keep me updated on the seat rocking i hear my driver seat clunk evrytime theres a hard turn or something...

Old 03-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yout think it could be lemon. but anyway good luck

Old 03-10-2009, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
keep me updated on the seat rocking i hear my driver seat clunk evrytime theres a hard turn or something...
Kool_Yaar they had to replace the entire lower portion of the seat, $2200. So thankful for the warranty! And they had to replace the glass sunroof due to the outside cracking, $700. They forgot to reconnect something so the airbag light is flashing. They are coming to my job tomorrow to hook whatever it is back. I told them gas was to high for me to drive 25 minutes back to the dealer for something they forgot. Anyway, its nice to have fresh new leather!

Old 03-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
nice! glad to hear you're back on the road now i got to take mine in for the seat clunking noise that i get along with the windsheild creaking when cold these are the ONLY two problems iv had since i got my car almost 2years ago, so im pretty happy as long as the can rid the seat clunking noise.