G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

JDM Tails

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Not much of a diffence for me to go swapping out the tails. I guess I'd have to see them at night. thanks for the pics though!

Old 04-01-2009, 11:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boss81
I was just looking at Adrian's JDM Tails and his lights look the same as mine, I just think that the pieces of the light on the trunk lid is a little different of a red on all the cars. Even the main factory lights look to be a little different red than the lights on the trunk lid. Just my observations, I might be totaly crazy.
I think that the JDMs are a different color red from the stock lights. That's why I installed the trunk lights too.

Noone wants to agree with me on this though....

Old 04-02-2009, 12:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll agree with you popcornten, even though i've never seen them inperson, don't feel lonely hahaha.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:49 AM
very nice...

Old 04-02-2009, 04:43 PM
I took some pics this morning of the tails when I was parked in the parking garage at school. They look like the lights are the same color, I think it's just the light that there in.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by boss81
I took some pics this morning of the tails when I was parked in the parking garage at school. They look like the lights are the same color, I think it's just the light that there in.

I've been arguing this so long and I never get anywhere! I'm just gonna stop arguing and be happy that they look sick on my car

Boss - Congrats on them!

Old 04-02-2009, 06:13 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Hehe... And the debate continues. LOL

I do have to agree with Popcornten to some degree now after looking at my tail-lights more carefully in the day light. The red is definitely the same color, as the color is exactly the same when the car is parked indoors with overhead lighting, but when you get the car outdoors and look at them at certain angles the lights seem to reflect the light differently, which makes one look brighter than the other.. if that makes sense. I think either the reflector material is different or the angle of the reflectors is different between the lights. I could notice some of this same effect with the factoy tail-lights, but it is much greater with the JDM's. Indoors, though, and when the sun is down, the lights match perfectly. Just my observations so far.

Car looks great, btw, Will... The JDM tails definitely look better on your PG car than on my IP. Seems they just seem to look better on the darker colors. Guess the IP's finally fail at a mod. LOL

Old 04-02-2009, 06:16 PM
mike @ clearcorners was telling me the JDM tails have some kind of pink reflector inside of them so the amber shows when the turn signals on...anyways, it looks pretty cool...they're not enough to make me spend the money for them, but it without-a-doubt adds a flavor of uniqueness to it...

i'm going into another contract with clearcorners.com to do the taillights...i've already made up my mind before receiving my headlights lol...i wish i could show you the G coupe tails but my dick will get chopped off if i post the pics...or at least that's what mike said...no homo

Old 04-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Incidentally, why didn't you install them yourself? Did you read the DYI I did for them? It's literally a 15 - 20 minute job... You probably spent more time sitting at that stop sign getting searched by that cop than it would have taken you to do it yourself.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:21 PM
Hey Paul... Sounds great! Can't wait to see how your headlights turn out. Clear Corners is only about a 1/2 hour from me and I've seen the coupe tails already... If the sedan lights turn out that nice, then I might have to have my factory tails done too. Make sure to post pics of your head-lights as soon as you get them! I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my head-lights, so maybe seeing yours will help me make a d@mn decision. LOL

Oh, and the description of the reflectors being different sounds spot on to me, because the red lenses are definitely the same... I'm convinced it's got to me something with the reflectors, so that definitely makes sense to me.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:52 PM
I didn't get searched I just got asked if I minded if he did it, I'm glad it didn't happen.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Wow.. you got lucky. Getting searched is no fun. Last time I was searched was back way back in 1991 or 1992 when I was in college and had my bright yellow Eclipse GSX. It didn't help that I was doing 105 - 110 mph and didn't even know the cop was chasing me. He didn't catch up to me until like 10 - 15 miles down the highway when I hit traffic. He spent a good 30 - 45 minutes searching my car then only ended up giving me a ticket for 82 in a 65... because that's what he clocked me at as I was entering the highway... He said he knew I wasgoing faster because he couldn't catch me, but since he didn't actually clock me going faster the 82, he could take me in for reckless opp.... Damn did I get lucky that time. LOL

Here's an old pic of that car.. d@mn was that car a cop magnet.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:46 PM
man, i would be super mad if a cop tried to search my car without any reasonable doubt. it's not that i'm scared to get searched, but it's the principal...they only ask that to people who they already profile out to be a criminal...anytime a cop asks to search my car i say no you can't, not because i'm carrying anything illegal but it's the principal of the fact. i also don't want to sit and wait for the backup to come with k-9's and on top of that sit on the side of the road looking like a criminal, getting embarassed...i have nothing against cops, but they really do have their process of operations all out of whack...i'm so glad the HEAT unit in atlanta has been terminated due to illegal procedures and using fake search warrants to break in houses and only going off tips

Old 04-02-2009, 07:47 PM
yeah man, i'll definitely throw those pics up as soon as i get the headlights installed...i'mma find someone in town who can clear-bra the headlights for me so i can sell them to whoever in the future in perfect condition...anyways, it'd be awesome if you got the clearcorner lights done to your car too man...white might look good with color-matched or black housings...anyways, enough rambling

Old 04-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Wait...how much did you pay the shop? It's literraly unscrewing 3 bolts. screwing the new tails in and you're done!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: JDM Tails