G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

iPod EQ Settings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2009 | 05:43 PM
|
iPod EQ Settings

Sorry If there is a post on this already, but I couldn't find anything in my searches.

What EQ settings do you all use when you have your iPod plugged in? I've been searching for the "right setting", but would really just like some advice to how others have their iPod EQ set at when its plugged in to their G.

Rock seems to be nice, electronic fills the highs in and still has the lows to counter it, treble booster was too bright, flat/off was well flat. Just curious to see what others favorite EQ settings are.

I am using the factory integrated plug.

Thanks
Ed

Old 04-12-2009 | 05:55 PM
I just leave EQ off but I'll mess around with it.

Old 04-12-2009 | 07:50 PM
I left mine off. In fact if I had any settings enabled I started getting weird output like cracking etc.

Old 04-13-2009 | 08:11 AM
i think if you leave the equalizer on the ipod set to flat, then you can assign equalizer settings at the song level - so different songs can be equalized differently. that's probably the best way to go ("flat" instead of "off"), if the song doesn't have a setting, it will play normal (flat), and if the song needs a boost, it will use the setting assigned to the song. of course you'll have to go through your songs and set equalizer settings in itunes, and i don't think custom equalizer settings will work through the ipod - you'll have to use one of their presets. but, you could set all your classical songs to "classical" preset, and all your rock songs to "rock" preset, and they should play back on the ipod at that preset (when the ipod is set at flat). at least that's my understanding.

that said, i don't think the audio system in the g needs any more tuning, so i'd say the best scenario is apple lossless compression and no equalization (when ripping your own cds). ymmv.

Old 04-13-2009 | 07:30 PM
|
Hmm i gave off another try, on songs i Purchased or ripped from CD with AAC Lossless they sound great. Some of my older MP3's sound a bit off though. Guess I'll stick with it off.

Thanks!