G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Another new comparison

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 10:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A couple of a tenths of a second here and there is to be expected. I don't put too much stock into 0-60 #. Also many different factors can affect your #'s including the weather, elevation, track, and the driver. It's rare for 2 runs to have the same exact time.. It get averaged out in the end. Unless all the cars were tested on the same day, at the same track I wouldn't worry about these #'s.

Also I don't trust Motortrend's #'s. Never have, never will. I'm sure they sold plenty of mags the month they tested the G37S and claimed a 0-60 time of 5.0. I put more stock in C&D and the Inside Line's #'s which put the car in the 5.2, 5.4 range.

Just my opinion, and you know what they say. Opinions are like a*s-holes, everyone's got one.

Old 05-24-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by gugarci
A couple of a tenths of a second here and there is to be expected. I don't put too much stock into 0-60 #. Also many different factors can affect your #'s including the weather, elevation, track, and the driver. It's rare for 2 runs to have the same exact time.. It get averaged out in the end. Unless all the cars were tested on the same day, at the same track I wouldn't worry about these #'s.

Also I don't trust Motortrend's #'s. Never have, never will. I'm sure they sold plenty of mags the month they tested the G37S and claimed a 0-60 time of 5.0. I put more stock in C&D and the Inside Line's #'s which put the car in the 5.2, 5.4 range.

Just my opinion, and you know what they say. Opinions are like a*s-holes, everyone's got one.
I have to agree with you there, opinions are indeed like .....

I will extend mine though, LOL. 1st off i respect CDs OPINION on calling the winner in this comparison. Its like being faced with a multiple choice question in an exam, the answer is there but no one forces your hand to pick the right one. LOL.

Anyway, back to what you were saying, so on this day it so happens that the 328i had its fastest 0-60 ever by CD and the G37 had the slowest time ever on that very day? In fact, it had a slower 0-60 time than the G35 it replaces and was as quick as the G35X?

The last thing I want is to sound like I give a fvck about what CD thinks but just wanted to highlight this strange anomaly.

I do hope this thread dies, it does not deserve this much attention. I was hoping for no more than 10 posts, I guess I am not helping with that.

Old 05-24-2009, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by ez-g
that's why miata's are so much fun too drive.

The day they put the mazdaspeed 3 turbo motor into one is the day i get a mx5.
+1 ^^

Old 05-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Let it live, It makes for an interesting discussion.
I will say thing again I really like the overall size of the 3's better. The G's is about the size of the 5 series.

And "Ez-G" a Miata with the MS3's engine will throw off the balance of the car. It will be faster in a straight line only. But I'd have no problem if they could add a small turbo to the current engine.

Last edited by gugarci; 05-24-2009 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Whether the Infiniti wins or loses, I always like seeing the articles - even if CD is on BMWs payroll. I think we all, including CD, can admit that if you want a sports sedan go 3-series or G. The others just can't compare.

Oh, and I can get consistent 5.2s 0-60 using both a G-timer and iPhone pocket dyno.