G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

The Bluetooth 5hit the bed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 08:38 PM
Bad Toro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down The Bluetooth **** the bed!

So about a week ago, my car stopped pairing up with my Blackberry 8830 Curve (Verizon). At first I thought it may have been one of those 'known' issues with blackberrys/iphones... but it turns out to be the Bluetooth system in the car is all jacked up. I can't remove the saved phone in the 'Paired Phones List', nor can I add a new one...

So I took the car to the nearest Infiniti dealership, who performed some steering wheel scrolling TSB (sorry, I'm out of the loop on these TSBs... ), and while admitting that the TSB most likely had nothing to do with the problem, they were able to empty the 'Paired Phone List' and claimed they had miraculously fixed the problem...

So I get home tonight and I try to pair the Blackberry again, and it looks like it's working - I was prompted to enter the 1234 pin code on the phone and it got added successfully to the list.... only yet again, the phone won't connect successfully, nor can I remove it or add a new one I'm back in square one... $#%)@#(#$T^#$

Anyone seen/experienced this problem before? Again, this is not model specific and I'm pretty sure the problem is not on the phone side. Rather, the whole Bluetooth setup screen is fcked up. I can't remove or add any phones, and when I try to delete a phone, the screen just freezes and locks up. The only way to get out of it, is by turning the ignition completely off, and turning it back on...

Old 06-26-2009, 12:31 AM
Bluetooth fix for Blackberry Curve

Hey Speed,

I just picked up my 2009 Sedan 2 weeks ago and had a similar problem.
Banged my head on it for a while then decided to update the firmware on
the phone and that solved my connection problem. I didn't have the other problems that you mentioned. I was able to delete a phone without issue before the firmware update.

Update the firmware and it might resolve your problem.
FYI - '09 Journey w/ Premium/ Sport packages.

Goodluck.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:51 AM
Bad Toro
Originally Posted by TxRider
Hey Speed,

I just picked up my 2009 Sedan 2 weeks ago and had a similar problem.
Banged my head on it for a while then decided to update the firmware on
the phone and that solved my connection problem. I didn't have the other problems that you mentioned. I was able to delete a phone without issue before the firmware update.

Update the firmware and it might resolve your problem.
FYI - '09 Journey w/ Premium/ Sport packages.

Goodluck.
Thanks for the tip, but I highly doubt it's the phone. Reason being is that before I took it to the dealer I wasn't able to delete or add a new phone. After they did whatever they did... I was able to add the phone only once and that's it. Afterwards, the pairing list gets locked and I can't add new phones, and when I try to remove mine, after being asked to confirm the deletion, and I click 'Yes', the screen freezes and locks up. There is definitely something wrong with the on-board computer.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:56 AM
I had an issue with my 8830 from Verizon pairing with the Bluetooth was well. Sometimes the phone says it's connected to the car, but the car won't show that it's connected. To fix this, I would pull the battery on the Blackberry, put it back and restart it. Simply powering it down and powering it back up doesn't work for some reason.

It has worked every single time for me that this problem has happened.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:00 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
A battery pull will usually do the trick if the phone is the problem.
A little tip for you 8830 owners...hold down ALT/Shift together then press the Del key simultaneously to reboot and its equivalent to a battery pull. Works for many other BB models as well.
Good luck with fixing you BT pairing issue.

Old 06-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had a similar problem with my iPhone.
A couple times, the car would not connect to my phone.
Turning it on and off did nothing.

On my phone, I went into the General Menus and disabled "Bluetooth" and then re-Enabled it.
The car instantly paired.

This has only happened twice in about a year.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:18 PM
i had a similar problem with my BB Curve 8330 --

Had to remove the battery twice, let it reset, and then repair the phone to the car. no problems since then.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:25 AM
Speed: When I attempted to delete an older phone and add a new one (MOTO Z); the system would not allow me to delete the old phone. I had my sons' LG Voyagers on there too. Had to delete all phones and phone nos. What a PIA. Now I need to re-enter the contact lists on the G Phone book. I don't have a NAVI. One thing I noticed, there is a Sticky about downloading phone numbers from your Cell phone to the G by "beaming" . That works BUT only takes the Mobile No. from Outlook (on the Moto Z - company phone they use Outlook for Synching) not the entire list for one party. In other words, if you have no. for Home, Office, Mobile, it does NOT transfer those in their respective order to the G's Bluetooth phone book. So, I need to re-enter the Numvers separately - as i said, PIA....I guess there are certainly many more disturbing things in this world than to get upset about transferring phone nos. - we could be driving a lesser vehicle (Acura TL, BMW 328ix.....LOL).