G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

My personal experience hpautoworks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 06:26 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down My personal experience hpautoworks

Hey guys, i know that some you had a story with hpautoworks, but no one really post anything, which made me fall in the mistake of dealing with them, so i decided to write about what happened with me in a hope that some people would read this post and be safe when spending their hard earned money.

My story starts one month ago when the Invidia Q300 exhaust was released and G35Robby was the 1st one to get it, i really liked his post about the exhaust and ordered it from hpautoworks.com, thank god i said that i ordered it from them, Robby was a great man and told me to cancel the order and ask for a refund since they don't have it and wont have it at all, but money was already paid, and thank god again it was thru Paypal.
Anyways when Robby warned me about them i made a phone call the same moment i read his waring, talked the owner and asked him if they got the exhaust in stock or not, he said he'll bring it from the warehouse and send it to me, and i should recieve it in 4 days, anyways usually any company you order anything from it would send you a tracking number, so i waited for the 4 days to pass and i didn't get a tracking number, so i called them again and talked to Andy (the owner) and asked about the exhaust and why didn't i recieve it, he said that they don't have it in stock and they already order it from another dealer and the exhaust is on it's way to me, i asked for a tracking number but he didn't give me any.
And that was the last phone call we had, since that day and for a whole 2 weeks i've been calling them around 15 times a day, leave messages and send e-mails and pm's to Andy and i was totally ignored, i've asked for a refund and they didn't even do anything, my money is gone, and i can't do anything since i live in the other part of the world, and i had to stay up till 3am just to call Andy because of the time difference, after i lost all hope i went to my paypal account and opened a dispute, after 2 days i got a full refund and a message from Andy saying that the exhaust was on it's way to me, but since i've opened a dispute they cancelled my order and got the exhaust sent to their warehouse.
Andy is full of lies and they abuse they're customer with very bad serivce and they sell things they don't even really owne, he told me about the exhaust box was HUGE and it's weight more than 90lb, but on Robby's thread the box was small and everything is nicely packed and the actuall shipping weight is 65lb, thats alone prove's that Andy got no knowldge about anything, i can support what i'm saying about how bad hpautoworks is by the following:
Go to google maps and type hpautoworks, click on the small baloon and check the reviews and see what people says about them.

So the bottom line is if it wasn't for Robby warning and my payment thru paypal then i would've lost my money and never got my exhaust, but Thanks for Lou@amp i got my exhaust in less than 5 days when i placed my order thru amplified.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No problem bro, glad to help out

HPautoworks advertise products on their site that they dont even have. They just list it on their site and expect you to wait as long as it takes till they get the product, which who knows when they will.

I've met the owner of Invidia and they are great friends with Amplified Motorsports. The owner mentioned that he no longer does business with hpauto anymore, due to personal matter.

I'm sure Andy at hpauto thought he could get the exhaust from another vendor or from the warehouse CVR was getting their exhausts from.
CVR is a whole different problem and another disaster.

Overall, Andy is just a liar and thief and list false advertisement all over his site. Some of you have ordered things from them and got lucky because he probably had it in stock. But I know for sure that most have been screwed over.
Either it took way too long or you just never got the product and just got a bunch of excuses or no response.

Amplified Motorsports is the only authorized vendor to sell this exhaust with a LIFETIME WARRANTY.
Places like HPautoworks and CVR do not have this warranty. So if the exhaust has some sort of defect, then your screwed, sorry to say.

Im glad everything worked out for you bro. Enjoy the new exhaust and the lifetime warranty

Old 07-09-2009, 07:22 AM
I forgot to mention that even hpautoworks account on Paypal can't accept payments, it got suspended or closed due a lot of complains about them, i sent my money to another person and it wasn't even Andy's account, it was his friends account, so how screwed they can be .

Old 07-09-2009, 07:39 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Sucks to hear. I still think the weight should be closer to 65 lbs. I have never heard of an exhaust being 90 lbs.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:51 AM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
either Andy was very wrong about the weight of the exhaust being 90lb's or he jacked up the weight to increase "shipping costs" when in reality he would only be paying for a 65lb item. Who knows. Either way, thanks for heads up. And one more thing, whoever reads my posts about new products (such as the new Tein springs), my posts include links to HPA merely to show you that the Tein springs exist and NOT because I support HPA. A lot of companies do not show any info about these products on their own websites which is why I have to link to HPA to show you all.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good to hear everything got resolved with you.
Hopefully people will see this thread before ordering from them.

Btw my FI exhaust weight was labeled as 61kg on the box and it was a pretty big box so there's no way the Invidia shipping weight would be 90kg lol.
There's no way Andy was mistaken on that.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by Borna
Good to hear everything got resolved with you.
Hopefully people will see this thread before ordering from them.

Btw my FI exhaust weight was labeled as 61kg on the box and it was a pretty big box so there's no way the Invidia shipping weight would be 90kg lol.
There's no way Andy was mistaken on that.

You mean 61lb not 61kg, beacause 61kg is almost around 120lb.

Anyways my problem got resolved because i had to use force to get my money back, if i hadn't opened a dispute on paypal, then i would've lost my money and never got the exhaust.

I hope more people shows up with their stories.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:31 PM
That is BS. You would have got your exhaust eventually.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Sucks to be Andy. He started off good, but I guess the lies caught up to him. I waited about 4 months to get my JWT Popchargers when he had his groupbuy. Initially, everybody thought it was Jim Wolf that was slow with production, but with all the complaints coming out, I guess it was really just Andy.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
LOL, yea i would, sometime next year, or in my other life .

Old 07-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Ya but how long can you really wait

He also probably charges more for shipping to make profit off that too.
The box doesnt weigh 90lbs, thats some BS.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered my intake from HP and it was a major pain. Now a good hunk of that could be all the manufacturer delays in production, but I will say that Andy was not very response or helpful. I actually had to coordinate delivery direct from R2C (they were pretty darn good to work with, even considering their delays) or I would likely still be waiting to this day.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What? Then they should wait on getting their money then too. My money was tied up for nearly 3 months.

Getting something eventually is complete BS.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:15 PM
I didnt say it wasnt BS. I was purely commenting on what the OP said.

i would've lost my money and never got the exhaust.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Wow... this is very interesting info.

I havent personally purchased anything from Andy but he was always quick to respond to PM's about prices for products.

But hearing all this... seriously makes me think twice about buying stuff from him :S

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My personal experience hpautoworks