G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

My personal experience hpautoworks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've order a few parts from Andy and never had any problems.

Sometimes, somethings happen that is beyond your control. It may take sometime , you just have to wait it out. I think OP moved a little to quick to set up a claim with paypal. Emailing , PM , calling 15 times a day is just absurd. Personally, and being a major chain store owner I would ignore you too.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:08 AM
Andy is one of the only vendors I truly trust. He's gone above and beyond my expectations a number of times all with great service.

I'm sorry you had an unpleasant experience, but as most of the G37 crowd will tell you, he's one of the best.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pfizzle
I've order a few parts from Andy and never had any problems.

Sometimes, somethings happen that is beyond your control. It may take sometime , you just have to wait it out. I think OP moved a little to quick to set up a claim with paypal. Emailing , PM , calling 15 times a day is just absurd. Personally, and being a major chain store owner I would ignore you too.
God knows how long i waited and didn't get a respons, a good vendor would tend to his customers, not ignore them, all i wanted to know is if they got any tracking for my exhaust, on top of that the bad reviews i've read about them, not only on these and some other forums, but even on the Subaru forums, beside Invidia no longer deals with them because of the bad reputation they got and their paypal account is suspended, all of those shady stuff would make me take immedite actions instead of just sitting and waiting, beside they told me they'll ship it now, then they told me they shipped it, then again they said they ordered from another vendor, go read this thread:

https://g35driver.com/forums/v36-eng...0-exhaust.html

And major vendor as you claim should not sell things they doesn't have, he could've told me they don't have in stock so i can go order it from someone else who got it in stock, but lying to me and say they have it and they only need my payment to send it, then they start ignoring me and not doing anything, oh please, go search the internet on how many bad reviews they posted and stories about money theft Andy and his friend did, at least when i ordered it from Amplified they shipped it and sent me a tracking number in less than 24 hours.
They only place hpautoworks found a good customers base is myg37.com, and i doubt it's some of their friends that say good stuff about them so that people go and buy from them, for every 10 people recommending hpautoworks i get to find 100 complain from them.

Old 07-17-2009, 05:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've spent a little over 3 grand at hp autoworks over the last several months buying about a dozen parts total.

I for one will say I've had nothing but good experiences and think Andy is a great guy. There's always two sides to the story and I'd be interested to hear Andy's side but that's only because I'm sure it would explain a lot. I don't need to hear his side to gain any confidence because I already fully trust him.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:14 PM
I guess this is only the G37 community.

Once you search HPautoworks on google, you'll get nothing but negative responses. Maybe he only wants to pay attention to his G37 community and just forget about everyone else.

Thats what it seems like to me.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems like to me that negative comments are welcome but positive ones are not.

Old 07-18-2009, 06:09 AM
Positive ones are great to hear but from all the things i've read and herd and seen. Doesnt look good for Andy even though he has his back up.

There are over 10 forums i've seen with horrible reviews against this guy.
I herd things about Andy that i cannot even disclose on the site.
You guys might think he's cool, does everything legit, and whatever, but he's just another vendor on myg37.
He's been banned from forums left and right due to the same issues. This is not new.
I wouldnt trust that guy with a dollar. Doesnt matter how many good reviews he got on myg37. That doesnt prove anything to me.
That just means he's good with that community, but how about others.
Thats his problem.

He said he had the Invidia exhaust. No he didnt because i know the guys from Invidia. They never supplied him with any of their products due to a personal issues or whatever, non of my business.
Andy already had orders for it and he couldnt sell it because he didnt have it although he said he did. He would blame the vendor/dealer he's getting it from.

Same the with the MXP exhaust for G37, same ****. He couldnt get his hands on even one. Now he did thats cuz he probably found a warehouse that has them.

The fact is that, as much as the G37 guys come in here and say he's good or whatever, doesnt change anyones mind about how much of a scandal he is.
For anyone thinking I'm full of **** and dont know anything about Andy, you clearly have no idea what i deal with every week.

Im telling you now, search hpautoworks on google. You'll see what im talking about.

And also, most of his products arent even covered by warrenty due to not buying it from the dealer producing the product.

Anyways, if you guys want to buy from this vendor or whatever he is, do it at your own risk. Just because one guy spent over 3 grand at hpauto doesnt mean he's trust worthy. I can buy parts from the ghetto place down the street and spend 5,000 on his products but then the next guy who comes by gets screwed over.

Does it make that person trust worthy

Sorry for being a complete azz, but i go through this **** way too much.
My family owns their businesses, we know how people do their dirty tricks to get what they want. I've seen every trick in the book.

Ima go and sleep now lol

Old 07-18-2009, 07:08 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by DrJones
Hmmm. I've ordered from Andy before and had zero issues and great communication.
Originally Posted by xlack
I bought couple stuffs from Andy and it came within 4 days from day of order as promised. No problems here whatsoever. Additionally, he has one of the best prices on the forum hands-down. This is just my personal experience and I've heard nothing but good things about his service.
Originally Posted by NJlakeshoreG
Andy is a good dude...and he puts up with hundreds of annoying customers n car drivers that need a exhaust now or a body brace NOW!! lol like WTF??? for real tho, sometimes vendors mess up, its life, the place where they show there credibility is when tehy mess up or make a mistake did they fix or resolve the issue??
ANDY does make mistakes and he fixes them flawlessly...i heart andy 143
Originally Posted by wakeboardr116
Andy is a great guy. Got my Hotchkis sways from him and he worked with me to get the best damn deal on the face of the earth. Then they shipped from cali and got here in just a matter of days. I'll deffinatly be looking to him fro mods later on i n the future.
Originally Posted by Tainui
I'm 1000% behind Andy and the job that he does. I have made several purchases from him and he has gone above and beyond to make sure that I am happy and get the products we agreed upon.

Rarely does the silent majority express itself but I'll be happy to tell anyone who listens how satisfied I am with HPAuto.
Originally Posted by Triple_X
everyone makes mistakes, it's how they handle them that counts. AN example is that I ordered the SPC fron camber kit and had an appointment to have them installed on a Saturday. Wednesday rolls around and I found out the the order hadn't been shipped for whatever reason directly from SPC. Andy paid out of pocket to have it 2 day aired to me so I got it on Friday and able to get it installed on Sat.

The fact that he is a good guy, cheapest prices out of all the vendors (for 99% of stuff) and easily reached - always on AIM - he continues to get my business.

he also was the first, and only vendor I believe to carry the AWD eibach springs
Originally Posted by SOLISIMO
Well some of the stuff that was posted is true, but all the shops do the same thing. I first ordered my Tanabes (when they first came out) waited 1 month, cancelled the order and ordered the Greddy's waited for those too. Same with Ichiba test pipes and y pipe waited for those too over a month. But his customer service has been second to none.
Originally Posted by jnguyen
Wow , I have order so many things from Andy! I never recieve tracking numbers because that's how fast his service is. I would order one day and ask for the tracking the next and it's already here. I have order all my mods from him and have never had a problem.
Originally Posted by BiscuitWeasel
I've always had excellent experiences with Andy's customer service and his prices are great.
Originally Posted by chris9012
i made a thread about having problems with andy and a lot of ppl who favored him didnt understand my 'problem' but if it happened to them they would be stressing it as well. my problem got resolved after me doing my own work in calling people and such, Andy however did try and get the problem resolved asap.
Originally Posted by CHEFONE
I've ordered stuff from Andy in the past and I've had nothing but great experiences! I would buy from him again!
Originally Posted by Slammed37S
I've never had any problems with Andy. He's a great guy. One of the keys broke to remove my spacers in the rear, and he sent me a new key no charge so I can take them off and install my new wheels as I planned on Saturday. It got here on Friday. I have no complaints about him and he's always been great with communicating with me. I hate it when ppl try to take someone down over a bad experience. Give him time to make it right, I know he will. But what pisses me off more in online e-bandwagoners that have never even dealt with him but just go with the flow.
Originally Posted by myk1013
I've had nothing but great experiences with the vendors on this site. I've basically ordered from the 3 most known.

Andy at HPAutoworks: GT-Spec FSB and Eibach ProKit.

Ryan/Sharif at Forged: Phantom GT30's.

Lou at Amplified: Injen SRI. (more in the future)

I also had a good experience with Kevin at USAutotek, tried to get the Stillen Splitters but didn't go through because of the price it will cost to ship. Got my refund back, no problem.
Originally Posted by pakjj
ordered some HID bulbs from their website and i got a call from them right after the order asking me if i was from the forums. gave me the discounted price i was not aware of at the time so he went out of his way to call me to tell me how i can save some $$.

great customer service and my best experience ordering parts!!!
Originally Posted by oOmikeyboy
I have no issues with andy at all, he's a good guy in my opinion. I ordered a set of HFC's and it came without a set of gaskets. instead of me having to buy a new set of gaskets, andy was promptly able to get a set sent to me at no charge.

Ive ordered from a bunch of different vendors on here for different things, and i had no problems so far. Negative feedback happens, can't really avoid it. I remember reading about some guy bashing Forged for a bad engine or something, but that doesn't mean theyre a bad shop/vendor at all.
Originally Posted by KnoxvilleG37
+1000 on being happy with Andy and HPA. I've had no issues whatsoever, he gives sick discounts, and shipping is always fast. Happy customer here.
Originally Posted by Heat
I think that Andy @ HPA is great! I ordered my springs from him after calling to get a price in which the price was WAY lower than on the site. The shipping was extremely fast.

Every shop is going to have issues with distributors and items not being in stock. You can't always predict the market. And most shops/distributors will make you pay in advance for car parts especially in this economy regardless if it is on backorder or not. The aftermarket industry is really hurting right now and it is the shops that provide the best prices/customer service that will come out on top. Andy always has the best prices and is always on the forums as not just a sponsor, but a member. He is not here just to sell parts.
Even people who have had problems, got them resolved. No business is perfect.

Originally Posted by chris9012
i made a thread about having problems with andy and a lot of ppl who favored him didnt understand my 'problem' but if it happened to them they would be stressing it as well. my problem got resolved after me doing my own work in calling people and such, Andy however did try and get the problem resolved asap.

Old 07-18-2009, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Even people who have had problems, got them resolved. No business is perfect.
Thats why they go bankrupt

Old 07-18-2009, 11:12 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Robby
Thats why they go bankrupt
That is one of the most ignorant things I have ever heard. So you are trying to say that any business that ever makes a mistake will go bankrupt?

Hotels, restaurants, airlines, car companies, ect would all be non existent.

Every single vendor on here has messed up somehow with someone. I trust Andy enough that I send him checks in the mail to pay for my parts, knowing there is no chance to get my money back. He has never disappointed me.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:37 PM
well, i ordered an apexi n1 exhaust for my g about a month ago, and was told it would take 8-10 business days. try calling, no response. i send emails, no response back. paid the exhaust and shipping in full. a company has to be able to run better then that. im not saying they are bad people, just a very disorganized company overall.

Old 07-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by jetg35
well, i ordered an apexi n1 exhaust for my g about a month ago, and was told it would take 8-10 business days. try calling, no response. i send emails, no response back. paid the exhaust and shipping in full. a company has to be able to run better then that. im not saying they are bad people, just a very disorganized company overall.
I know how you feel, better cancel your order of file a claim and order it from somewhere else, some place thats trust worthy.

Old 07-19-2009, 05:01 AM
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
That is one of the most ignorant things I have ever heard. So you are trying to say that any business that ever makes a mistake will go bankrupt?

Hotels, restaurants, airlines, car companies, ect would all be non existent.

Every single vendor on here has messed up somehow with someone. I trust Andy enough that I send him checks in the mail to pay for my parts, knowing there is no chance to get my money back. He has never disappointed me.
I do admit, businesses do make mistakes but when it comes to the point that its getting out of hand, they got a big problem. Especially when you type up the company's name on Google and get nothing but bad reviews.

Old 07-19-2009, 02:21 PM
No matter what people trying to say, after searching the internet i found 10 good comments about hpautoworks and on the other hand there is 100 bad comments, they even got banned as sponsers from many sites, so how would you comment on that?
I'm guessing that they only paid attention to myg37.com community and tried to polish their image there.

Old 07-19-2009, 04:49 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
This thread seems to have run its course, and now people are just debating. Am closing it - if that's a concern for anyone, please PM me.