G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Window trim deteriorating.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 04:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My thoughts-regardless of whether this should be covered under warranty or not, the dealer CANNOT hack up your car further to diagnose the root cause of a problem, then come back and tell you " yah it's definetly your fault" and leave you worse off then when you came in. That's just dead wrong. If they weren't obligated to fix the issue free of charge when you originally came in, they damn sure are now.

That being said, given your situation, I would have gone to a different dealer, after being turned down by this one. Not sure if it's too late now to go that route, as they have already did some definete damage to the liner that indisputably was not cause by a factory defect.

Just my 2 cents

Old 07-25-2009, 04:11 PM
damn.

i had an old nissan from the 1980's that would do this.

I didn't think it would still happen on a 2007+ nissan.

wtf is nissan buying their rubber from?

rubber on cars is supposed to have high high melting temp. the glass can get very hot

does anyone here leave their car out in the hot sun all day, and have this problem?

Old 07-26-2009, 10:05 AM
That's my biggest complaint is because of them she left with her car in worse condition than when they took it in, there was no need to rip pieces out to see if it was sticky, you could TOUCH it and see that it was sticky... I had to pick up a shift at work for a biuddy this week so I'm not sure I will be able to get back to the dealership this week but I am sure gonan try... Probably just go straight to the service manager and go from there!

Her car is out in the sun while she is at work, and it does tend to get stickier when it gets hot, which is why I say it's not a chemical related problem like the accused it of being, w/o tellin her the chemical that could cause such problems!

Old 07-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
I actually kind of surprised that you are having such an issue with getting this replaced.
I know that I would roll into my dealership and I would not leave until they agreed to fix this under warranty.
I've had a few disagreements with my dealership since buying my G.
Stand your ground and don't back down and if you have an actual case, you should have no problem getting them to give in and help you.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:45 AM
Yea, it isn't my car and I wasn't the one that took it in the first time, it was my sister, and guess since she doesn't know the lingo and what not she didn't feel comfortable aruging with them.... But me, ehhhh I don't care, I never shy away from a confortation, so we shall see... Just tryin to see who all else has had the same issues!

Old 07-26-2009, 12:38 PM
you should call infiniti HQ and tell them the sun melted their cheap rubber. and they need to replace it for free.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Window trim deteriorating

wheelin42001, here is the 411. I arrived to my appointment to show the Infinity dealer my window trim problem and within 30 seconds, without seeing the problem, the service agent said they would replace the "Waist Moulding" (off service sheet) on all doors-just like that. The service agent said they would most likely arrive on Wednesday and would give me a call to setup a time to have them replaced-on warranty-it was that easy. I was out of there in 15 minutes. I've had my G for 2+ years now and have had nothing but the best service experience. Just curious, are you taking the car to an Infiniti dealership or a used car outlet?

Old 07-27-2009, 04:06 PM
My sister went to the infiniti dealership, I think it was in Roswell, GA or in that area. Thought bout just making an appointment and showing up like it was my first time there and see what they do, but I think I am just going to hop in her car Wednesday and go down there and have a lil pow wow with the service manager! Thanks for the update!

Old 07-28-2009, 12:49 AM
so much stupid little things with this car...im going pay attention to mine

Old 07-28-2009, 12:53 AM
how many miles is this car

Old 08-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Well, update!

Took it to a second dealer this past monday. Right away I asked the service writer to get the Service manager to come out and look at the car. He looked at every piece of rubber molding on the car. We went into his office and he checked some stuff and told me he saw NO REASON that he couldn't replace them under warranty. He evidently had better knowledge than the shop my sister dealt with as he understood how there can be bad batches of rubber etc!

Took the car back Friday and they replaced them in about 1.5 hr. The new ones are not a rubber style molding, they are a felt material, kinda like the ones on the inside!!

Old 08-09-2009, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by wheelin42001
Took the car back Friday and they replaced them in about 1.5 hr. The new ones are not a rubber style molding, they are a felt material, kinda like the ones on the inside!!

can you take pics of what they look like?

Old 08-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice, we learn something new everyday. Thank You..

Old 08-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Yup, my sister will be swinging out here tomorrow afternoon so I will try to snap some pictures of the new peices then!

Old 09-16-2012, 02:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have this exact same problem with my car. Has anybody replaced this part own their own? or have a part no? my car is the same exact one as in the pictures same color too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Window trim deteriorating.....