G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Snow mode ... on a 2wd Sport?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
oh yeah, I shoulda saw that, lol

I miss those, the AT is a bit lurchy at california stops.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:26 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
If we went with this theory, a lot of us would still be without paddle shifters. The plugs were there, someone tried them and viola, we all have paddles now.

There is a slight possibility that the throttle reduction is programed into the car but needs the switch to activate it. If the program isn't there, I don't see what harm could be caused in testing it.

It would come in handy for those people with RWDs in the regions that get hit with snow.
i think you mean the opposit, because if they used different harness, your car would not have been pre-wired for paddles.
ur car didn't have that option, so why run those wires to the wheel and TCU.

they are there because there is only one harness, they just didn't plug in the padles cuz ur didn't have them. and those wires run into the big plug in the TCU so they got plugged in there.

im basing this idea cuz its just cheaper to make only one harnes and pre-wire the car for every option, then just install the gizmos for the options based on the spec of that car.

i wouldn't half hazard a guess that my 6mt has the paddle shifter wires.

same idea with the SAT radio, some cars that don have sat radio are still pre wired for it.

my 2 cents i guess

Old 08-02-2009, 12:05 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by snowcrossmxz
i think you mean the opposit, because if they used different harness, your car would not have been pre-wired for paddles.
ur car didn't have that option, so why run those wires to the wheel and TCU.

they are there because there is only one harness, they just didn't plug in the padles cuz ur didn't have them. and those wires run into the big plug in the TCU so they got plugged in there.

im basing this idea cuz its just cheaper to make only one harnes and pre-wire the car for every option, then just install the gizmos for the options based on the spec of that car.

i wouldn't half hazard a guess that my 6mt has the paddle shifter wires.

same idea with the SAT radio, some cars that don have sat radio are still pre wired for it.

my 2 cents i guess
That isn't what I was trying to say.
What I was saying is that the harness was there but nobody knew if it would work. Somebody had to be the first. If we all just figured that Infiniti used the same harness and that the plug led to nowhere, we'd all be paddle free right now.
I have no need for Snow Mode on a RWD but a few people may be interested in seeing if this works.
That's all I was saying.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
That isn't what I was trying to say.
What I was saying is that the harness was there but nobody knew if it would work. Somebody had to be the first. If we all just figured that Infiniti used the same harness and that the plug led to nowhere, we'd all be paddle free right now.
I have no need for Snow Mode on a RWD but a few people may be interested in seeing if this works.
That's all I was saying.
ohh haha yess, i agree, we need a guinea pig

Old 09-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmmm now i am really curious is there really jst a switch that enables and disables the AWD on an RWD car. cause if that is the case i might look into and get it for my car since my car is RWD and i do live in Illinois. Please let me know what happens cause this is very very interesting to me.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:23 AM
can someone post up wat and how they did to connect the paddle shifters.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sanwar2
hmmm now i am really curious is there really jst a switch that enables and disables the AWD on an RWD car. cause if that is the case i might look into and get it for my car since my car is RWD and i do live in Illinois. Please let me know what happens cause this is very very interesting to me.
ummmmm, what?

Old 09-10-2009, 11:35 AM
lol sorry wrong thread haha my bad

Old 09-10-2009, 11:36 AM
ok with the paddle shifter... can u put them on the second gen g35??

Old 09-10-2009, 11:49 AM
hey peeps i have the g35 sedan AT. and i was wondering if anybody knows if there is the wiring for the paddle shifter already built into the car. cause if that is the case then i am going to order the parts. thanks ...

Old 09-10-2009, 12:09 PM
yes

Old 09-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Premier Member

hey peeps i have the g35 sedan AT. and i was wondering if anybody knows if there is the wiring for the paddle shifter already built into the car. cause if that is the case then i am going to order the parts. thanks ...
SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://g35driver.com/forums/v36-diy/193619-diy-installing-sport-paddles.html

Old 09-10-2009, 12:21 PM
thanks guys...

Old 09-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Well... there isn't a button that would turn a RWD into an AWD.. the setup just isnt there. That isn't the debate in questions it is there might be wiring for the snow mode SETTING on the RWD G's prewired into the system. Therefore we would have something to help up deliver appropriate power to the wheels in snow. Give some of us an extra edge then we have had in the past.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
RWD's do not have a front differential at all. It's not just a matter of hookup a switch and activate the front diff cause we don't have it to begin with. AWD's have completely different front subframe and suspension design too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Snow mode ... on a 2wd Sport?