G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Radio Replacement - Remanufactured Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 08:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio Replacement - Remanufactured Question

My radio/a/c/nav froze today so they are replacing it under the warranty. I am told that I have to get a remanufactured radio which scares me. Anyone ever try to fight this?

Old 08-12-2009, 09:50 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisG35Driver
My radio/a/c/nav froze today so they are replacing it under the warranty. I am told that I have to get a remanufactured radio which scares me. Anyone ever try to fight this?
I didn't know that remanufactured radios was a dealer requirement. I suppose it should be OK as long as they warrant the replacement?

Old 08-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where would they get remanufactured once? Hm.. It is not like the 1st gen. G and have loads of them. Interesting. Make sure you've got waranty on it.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by ChrisG35Driver
ChrisG35Driver,

I had to have the main navi/audio control unit in my G35S replaced after the first month of ownership. The CD Player/Recorder in the original would not eject CD's. The dealer also told me that they would replace it with a remanufactured unit. When I questioned it, they told me that was the policy and that Infiniti would not commit to replacing it with a new unit unless a remanufactured unit was not available. However, at the time, the 2007 had only been out for a couple of months, so in my case I suspect I actually received a new unit.

The only drawback - i.e. especially if you have the Navi and the Premium Package - is that you will lose all of your settings, any CD's you have recorded to the 'Music Box' will need to be re-recorded, and any Phonebook/Bluetooth settings, numbers, etc. will all need to be reloaded.

Regardless, it has been almost 3 years now, with no issues. Also, since is covered under the warranty you should not have any problems.

Good luck.

Regards,

Old 08-12-2009, 08:04 PM
"The only drawback - i.e. especially if you have the Navi and the Premium Package - is that you will lose all of your settings, any CD's you have recorded to the 'Music Box' will need to be re-recorded, and any Phonebook/Bluetooth settings, numbers, etc. will all need to be reloaded."

Noooooooooooooooooooo! I spent forever filing up my Music Box.

Still, my only concern is that a remanufactured will last three years, etc. rather than the 10 years that I want to own the car.

I called Infiniti and asked if there was a specific clause that said I had to accept remanufactured parts. She put me on hold and came back and said that the warranty simply says it will replace the part. Not to bust some 25 cent law on them, but any ambiguity in a contract is construed against the drafter (i.e. here Infiniti).

Anyway, I could cause a gigantic stink about it, but I feel compeled not to because the service manager is really nice. That and I don't want to burn my bridges at the only local Infiniti dealer.

I hope all goes well. My coworker has a nice Suburu and they had to put in 3 remanufactured radios before he got one that worked. His second one came scratched. Fortunately for me they are only replacing the guts.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I think "re manufactured" was a bad choice of words. I work for a Chrysler dealer and Chryslers policy is to use "exchange units". This is a far better term. Our exchanger (?) is United Radio in Schnectady (sp?) NY. They do all the radios and also body computers and some instrument clusters. I know they do all of Chryslers stuff and I believe Ford, GM and several foreign companies. They are a top notch outfit and have been around for years. They turn out quality work and I would have no problem using any of their "stuff" in my car.

"Remanufactured" was definatly the wrong term to use.

Mike