G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Bluetooth troubles / Blackberry Bold

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth troubles / Blackberry Bold

Ive searched on this forum as well as bluetooth support forums and Blackberry forums, but none of the problems are exactly like this one.

I have a 2008 G35X w/o NAV and I have my (second, new) Blackberry Bold paired with it via Bluetooth. Using the steering wheel controls to initiate a call or use the voice commands for phone operation works fine. The problem is in answering incoming calls.

Scenario: Bold is in holster on belt or laying in center console, it is paired with the G35's hands free. Call comes in to Bold (if out of holster I can confirm call appears on phone several seconds before car hands-free engages) Eventually a second or two later the car handsfree rings, usually interrupting XM Radio or CD player or Ipod, but I think it behaves the same no matter what Im listening to) I immediately press the answer button on steering wheel, nothing. Car display shows call 0:00 and then within 2 seconds, music resumes and call is dropped.

With my previous Bold (original one had a screen defect) I was occasionally (very occasionally) able to answer a call without it dropping

I'd read elsewhere that for some people using Bberry, the same happened but if you were persistent and waited a few seconds, the music would cut off again and connect you with your party that was calling you. This does not ever happen for me.

Ive upgraded Bberry OS, deleted and re-added the phone, etc. Does not happen with my wife's iPhone.

Anyone with any insight and/or similar experiences?

I thought maybe increasing # of rings before vmail kicks in? Not sure if thats doable even by calling carrier (AT&T)

Thanks,

FluffyG

Old 09-19-2009, 01:06 AM
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
i have a bold with no issues with answering or making calls. my only complaint is that it wont allow me to transfer contacts.

Old 09-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I receive an incoming call on my iPhone 3g when paired with the G's Bluetooth...

The call interrupts the music for a couple of seconds, then music resumes for a couple of seconds, then the music cuts out and the call is finally connected. It never drops the call it just exhibits this odd behavior. Very annoying, but I can live with it as long as it doesn't drop the call.