G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Scratches in the interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when i bought my car it was all scratched up everywhere so i had it replaced under warrenty but its obviously a defect cuz holy **** it would scratched barley touching it wit my nail after replaced it was a little better and tougher i scratched it again by mistake with a key and they replaced it again free of charge ever sinc ive keep a good eye on it n no scratches but the once that came with it were vary defective and they should be coverd

Old 02-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by 3lpaisa
when i bought my car it was all scratched up everywhere so i had it replaced under warrenty but its obviously a defect cuz holy **** it would scratched barley touching it wit my nail after replaced it was a little better and tougher i scratched it again by mistake with a key and they replaced it again free of charge ever sinc ive keep a good eye on it n no scratches but the once that came with it were vary defective and they should be coverd
Those are the defective,flake off items that Infiniti agree to replace them under warranty. window switches area 4 sides and steering wheel but they wont replace the steering wheel airbag lid.

I replaced them successfully under warranty.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:20 PM
I too am looking for the part numbers of the newer finish materials so this doesn't occur again. I live in Toronto, but have just emailed pictures of the door handle trim and steering wheel to the Buffalo dealership in the hopes they will do the replacement under warranty - still waiting to hear back from them.

In the meantime, whoever has had those parts replaced with the newer finish, could you please scan your invoice and/or tell us the part numbers they used?

Thanks

PJStyles

Originally Posted by Shadow5606
Does anyone have part numbers for the tougher/newer material they used in 08?

My dealer (Dreyer & Reinbold) refused to replace the door pulls or steering wheel trim. They claimed a previous attempt had been made to touch it up and therefore they couldn't cover it under warranty. I only bought the car last week so I can't confirm or deny.

If I replace these parts on my own I want to make sure I'm not using the same old parts that flake off. Part numbers anyone?

FYI, I have an 07 AT Sedan

Old 02-08-2011, 09:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just had the driver's door trim replaced last Friday. I don't know if I got the newer material or not. It looks a little different, maybe a little more rubbery, a little less plasticky, if that makes any sense? Here's the part number from the invoice:
FINISHER-POWER WINDO-80961-JK60B

Old 02-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i'm out of warranty and have the same problems on the front doors and steering wheel ('07). anyone have any suggestions on dealing with this when paying out of your own pocket?

Old 02-14-2011, 06:40 PM
I just ordered replacements for the driver side door pull and passenger side. Total for the parts was like $66. Ordered it from Riverside Infiniti - spoke with Rick (internet part sales). That's a discounted price they give - employee pricing on all parts for internet sales.

I'm told it's easy to replace the door pulls yourself. Only outstanding issue for me is the steering wheel as it's peeling as well but requires the entire steering wheel to be replaced - fighting Infiniti as we speak to see if they will cover it under warranty.

PJStyles

Originally Posted by nineiron
i'm out of warranty and have the same problems on the front doors and steering wheel ('07). anyone have any suggestions on dealing with this when paying out of your own pocket?

Old 02-23-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm posting this here for anyone else who is dealing with scratched plastic.

Below are the four part numbers for the door trim and beneath that the part number for the steering wheel.

PF --- 80960-JK60A
DF --- 80961-JK60A
PR --- 82960-JK60A
DR --- 82961-JK60A

Steering wheel - 48430-JK015

The numbers for the door trim are new part numbers so I assume they are the improved part. The number for the wheel is the same but since the bezel is only a sub-part of that wheel assembly there is a chance the bezel could be upgraded while the overall wheel part number stayed the same.

I believe the Dreyer & Reinbold Greenwood dealership will be replacing these parts for me (not confirmed) but I have an appointment there and if they replace the parts I will post back to verify that these indeed are the upgraded part numbers.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i just went to west chester PA and got my all four door, steering wheel, and shift **** replaced. well, not yet, but they are ordering me those parts and fixing my break judder as well!

Old 02-24-2011, 12:30 AM
Thanks to this thread, i got my driver's side inset and whole steering wheel replaced. My car was in for service anyway so i mentioned it, and without any problems, they replaced the items under warranty. also because of this thread, i got my brakes resurfaced under warranty, again, simple ask. Infiniti of Norwood, MA. easy to deal with. will return to them in the future, so i guess replacing these items was a good investment on their part.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:26 AM
Hey thundercracker, could you post what part numbers they used for the door trim and the wheel?

Old 02-24-2011, 09:18 AM
Hey,

so i'm reading the parts number as they appear on my invoice

Driver side inset
"Finisher - power window - 80961-jk60A ASR"

Steering wheel
"Wheel assy - steering - 48430-jk02A"

hope this helps.

FYI, this is for an 08 g35x sedan

Old 02-24-2011, 09:40 AM
Cool, sounds like they're using the same upgraded part numbers for the door inserts on both 07 & 08. I'm going to check with my dealer and see about that 80961-JK60B part number that tbarney listed above.

I bet there's quite a few different steering wheel part numbers so that may be harder to pin down.

Could you tell a physical difference in the parts by looking at them or feeling them?

Old 02-24-2011, 10:16 AM
so my g has all black interior, and i think the new steering wheel is more of a dark grey. i'm not that picky about the color, it doesn't look bad. the new wheel feels smaller than the old wheel. and i'm not sure that the new wheel is even leather - do you know? regardless, the new wheel has a more textured feel than my old wheel. not sure if that's because it's new and hasn't been worn down yet, or what. For free, i'm not going to worry that much about it.

the new door pull inset is hard plastic - not that rubberized plastic that came original on the car.

all the functions work fine.

Last edited by thundercracker; 02-25-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:38 AM
Having my steering wheel replaced, driver's seat bolster (left side) fixed, curling up of dash at steering wheel fixed, and new sun roof assembly (squeaked and leaked) right now under warranty. Got a new service manager who is more customer friendly. The prior one had denied the seat bolster warranty work. I had gone to where Infiniti got their leather work done prepared to pay for it myself and the owner said it should be warranty work.

I hope the steering wheel is the new material, but when I previously had the driver's side door pull replaced, I specifically asked for the 2010 material which is very hard plastic and not rubberized at all. they said they couldn't. They said it was an automatic deal where they had to send in my pull and get the same replacement pull back. I am just trying to be oh so careful with it.

And as for the debate of whether it should be warranty work, heck yeah it should. It is a design flaw to have something that is that easy to scratch. I absolutely baby my car and still have scratches.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:27 AM
So I got my car back yesterday (took them forever b/c they messed up the parts order for the steering wheel). It is like I have a new car! They only thing the did not fix is the a/c compressor. I said it was a little louder than the loaner car they gave me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Scratches in the interior