G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

City Life with the G35...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 04:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rutland
"I just never cared about my cars that much, until now that is"

It wasn't the Altima I was talking about...
Not to worry, in the 15 years I've been driving in the city I've never damaged any other vehicles while parking, not even a nick. When I bumped them I was barely creeping. Trust me, city people have it down to a science.

Old 12-18-2009, 01:26 AM
Just like this ha

Old 12-18-2009, 08:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ced357
Not to worry, in the 15 years I've been driving in the city I've never damaged any other vehicles while parking, not even a nick. When I bumped them I was barely creeping. Trust me, city people have it down to a science.
Please.

As a former resident of NYC and the tri-state area, please don't characterize your inability to park as a trait of "city people".

Sorry. Just used to get so upset when I saw my car being bumped or was bumped when I would park in Manhattan...and I had a 2000 Ford Contour at the time.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by ced357
in my previous car (altima) i would back up just enough to tap the car behind me while parallel parking in tight spaces, usually harmless.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by Rutland
Please.

As a former resident of NYC and the tri-state area, please don't characterize your inability to park as a trait of "city people".
Trust me, I'm one of the best parkers you've ever seen. Hands down. I have parked in spots that seemed impossible. On more than one occasion I've had people come up to me just to tell me how impressed they were with my abilities and how they just told their friends that there was no way a car could fit in that spot. I even had a traffic cop tell me I couldn't fit in a spot I was lining up for and I told him just to sit back and watch. I made it on the first try. I'm a little tired of you absolutes my friend. I am not solely responsible for the poor connotation of NYC drivers. Such a title could not be placed just upon one persons shoulders. Nor do I have an inability to park. My former methods during my youth might irk you but, were effective and by no means unsuccessful. Furthermore, speaking in absolutes can be a risky venture. Inputting perspective might suit you better. Food for thought.

Maybe the phrased "bumping into the car behind me" was worded poorly, in reality I was moving at approx 30 sec/ ft, if you were sitting in the car behind me you would not feel it move. Which has been the case.

Last edited by ced357; 12-18-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:23 PM
I'm sorry but touch bumpers just wrong in my book also.

Old 12-19-2009, 01:25 AM
Originally Posted by tg1234
I'm sorry but touch bumpers just wrong in my book also.
Well, when your trying to fit your car into a spot that it maybe 2 feet longer then your car its pretty much inevitable.

Old 12-20-2009, 04:13 PM
funny stuff ced.

I apologize if you took my statements as absolutes, but as the other replies seem to indicate, I'm not the only one who is "surprised" by this method of parking expertise.

And nobody said you were solely responsible. If that's the way you took it, my apologies, I should have used the word "contributed" or "not helping".

Either way, you have a backup camera now, you don't do it anymore, we're all better off for it. And if I didn't have the backup camera, I'd curse the G every time I tried to back it up - way too many blindspots.

Enjoy your holidays