SIETESG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
thats the feeling I dont want to have...lol

Old 02-10-2010, 05:21 PM
I kinda wish I bought the coupe in 6mt.. but only sometimes. lol

Old 02-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I have always hated autos and longed for a manual when I was forced to own automatics. The G was finally my chance to own a manual. I wouldnt trade it for an auto, but honestly I'm a little disappointed in the clutch feel, clunky synchros, difficulty in smooth shifts and random noises the 6mt makes (MY PERSONAL OPINION). Pros to the auto are that it smooths some of the engine harshness and doesnt give up any fuel economy or acceleration, plus as you've noticed they are more abundant. Oh yeah, the center console in the auto is also usable and erogonomical, unlike the 6mt.

There are times when I curse the 6mt, like when my throwout bearing is sounding like doo-doo or when the car grinds into gear with no reason, but then everytime I get a loaner G (auto) I feel like there is something majorly missing from the driving experience. Life would be easier if I did not prefer a manual, if I were 50/50 and didnt miss the stick on a long test drive, then I would go with an auto.

Would I trade my 6mt for an auto...NO. Does the 6mt have faults....yes.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:04 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by LightsOut
I want stick, wifey wants stick but we need a 4dr now.
You answered it yourself.... and you know that's all you need to know. How many times have we seen folks saying they regretted settling and not getting a 6mt.

Worse case scenario... get a rental for now.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a 5AT but I really wanted the 6MT, but I had to settle for the auto because there were none available. So what I would suggest to you is wait for the manual because you will not regret it and you will love the car more than you would love it if you got the auto.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
as long as you don't have to deal with stop and go traffic on a daily basis nor live in area with alot of hills, ie san francisco go with the 6mt. i love driving a manual but couldn't see myself driving one on my daily commute in the tri-state area so i bought an auto for the commute and keep to the stick on weekends.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:55 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Have you checked sources like Leasebusters. ???

I went through the same thing as you, wanted a 6mt but needed it now.
I (almost) always buy new but couldn't get one & couldn't wait to order.

I found a lease takeover that was only 3months old.
The guy ran into some financial issues and was looking to bail.

If you really want a 6mt don't settle for anything else.
If you have to get something cheap to fill the gap while you look.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"There are times when I curse the 6mt, ..., but then everytime I get a loaner G (auto) I feel like there is something majorly missing from the driving experience."

I agree with this statement the most. And it's not that autos take something away from a driving experience in general, but I do think so in the G (at least for me, no offense to anyone that drives auto).

Oh, and I paid 26,5 for mine last May. It was an '07 (only missing 4WS) with 25k miles.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:06 AM
SIETESG

Originally Posted by mrclowny
I kinda wish I bought the coupe in 6mt.. but only sometimes. lol
lets trade then...

Originally Posted by G force
I have always hated autos and longed for a manual when I was forced to own automatics. The G was finally my chance to own a manual. I wouldnt trade it for an auto, but honestly I'm a little disappointed in the clutch feel, clunky synchros, difficulty in smooth shifts and random noises the 6mt makes (MY PERSONAL OPINION). Pros to the auto are that it smooths some of the engine harshness and doesnt give up any fuel economy or acceleration, plus as you've noticed they are more abundant. Oh yeah, the center console in the auto is also usable and erogonomical, unlike the 6mt.

There are times when I curse the 6mt, like when my throwout bearing is sounding like doo-doo or when the car grinds into gear with no reason, but then everytime I get a loaner G (auto) I feel like there is something majorly missing from the driving experience. Life would be easier if I did not prefer a manual, if I were 50/50 and didnt miss the stick on a long test drive, then I would go with an auto.

Would I trade my 6mt for an auto...NO. Does the 6mt have faults....yes.
thanks for personal feedback

Originally Posted by nghiars
You answered it yourself.... and you know that's all you need to know. How many times have we seen folks saying they regretted settling and not getting a 6mt.

Worse case scenario... get a rental for now.
but the part that was most important is I need it now, well at least before april

Originally Posted by sunny G-35 NYC
I have a 5AT but I really wanted the 6MT, but I had to settle for the auto because there were none available. So what I would suggest to you is wait for the manual because you will not regret it and you will love the car more than you would love it if you got the auto.
true, there isn't much available...

Originally Posted by dubbedown
as long as you don't have to deal with stop and go traffic on a daily basis nor live in area with alot of hills, ie san francisco go with the 6mt. i love driving a manual but couldn't see myself driving one on my daily commute in the tri-state area so i bought an auto for the commute and keep to the stick on weekends.
Right now I dont deal with any traffic, driving 3 miles to work. Later in april ill be driving 40 miles to work with traffic on the way home. But living In LA, I love traffic. helps me relax and collect my thoughts.

Originally Posted by InTgr8r
Have you checked sources like Leasebusters. ???

I went through the same thing as you, wanted a 6mt but needed it now.
I (almost) always buy new but couldn't get one & couldn't wait to order.

I found a lease takeover that was only 3months old.
The guy ran into some financial issues and was looking to bail.

If you really want a 6mt don't settle for anything else.
If you have to get something cheap to fill the gap while you look.
cant take over someones lease, cause I still have the coupe and it has to be traded in. I still owe a little on it.

Originally Posted by Rutland
"There are times when I curse the 6mt, ..., but then everytime I get a loaner G (auto) I feel like there is something majorly missing from the driving experience."

I agree with this statement the most. And it's not that autos take something away from a driving experience in general, but I do think so in the G (at least for me, no offense to anyone that drives auto).

I test drove both auto and 6mt both felt the same. Maybe it was just the excitment of driving an HR..lol

Oh, and I paid 26,5 for mine last May. It was an '07 (only missing 4WS) with 25k miles.
awesome price.. are you on the East coast? comparing prices from East to West, East coast prices a way cheaper for some reason.
I would actually drive to the east coast on weekend, but not too sure if its really worth it.

Also forgot to mention, I have a 6 month. Thats the main reason for the 4dr now. Coupe is awesome but getting tired of having the wifey sit in the back seat behind me.
Wifes car is a bmw 3 series but its a lease and she's already over in miles.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I test drove both auto and 6mt both felt the same. Maybe it was just the excitment of driving an HR..lol

HR? As in the engine type? As for excitement....no, that's not it. I just felt the car didn't respond the way I'd like and often seemed "bloated"

awesome price.. are you on the East coast? comparing prices from East to West, East coast prices a way cheaper for some reason.
I would actually drive to the east coast on weekend, but not too sure if its really worth it.

Yes, I bought mine in Atlanta, GA from a private party. Found it on Craigslist.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:36 AM
SIETESG

Originally Posted by Rutland

HR? As in the engine type? As for excitement....no, that's not it. I just felt the car didn't respond the way I'd like and often seemed "bloated"

Yes, I bought mine in Atlanta, GA from a private party. Found it on Craigslist.
yup, east coast cost way less than 6mt's int the west.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:38 AM
SIETESG

thanks everyone for your input!

I'm just gonna wait it out. My G is back to stock now and ready to be tradded in when the time comes.

felt good to release my thoughts...lol

Old 02-11-2010, 12:20 PM
SIETESG

question

is bluetooth standard or navi is required for bluetooth or its part of the Prem pkg?

Old 02-11-2010, 02:35 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by soundmike
If you really want a 6MT, hold out for it. Don't just settle for the sake of settling, or you will eventually regret it.
+1. I still regret not opting for a few more options. 6MT vs auto is a pretty singificant difference IMO.

Old 02-11-2010, 03:31 PM
SIETESG

Originally Posted by dohturdima
+1. I still regret not opting for a few more options. 6MT vs auto is a pretty singificant difference IMO.
in what ways? other than the obvious... personal feedback

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 6mt or Auto