G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

iKey Batery Dead Again?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iKey Batery Dead Again?

I purchased my car the week of X-Mas and I didn't know that the picture on the dash that had a picture of a key and a F and E on either side was telling you that your battery in your iKey was low until I read the manual.

So I went to Wal Mart and bought the right battery for both iKeys to start with fresh batteries. Just the other day mine came up again, i'm assuming these should last longer then two months right?

Thanks,
Matt

Old 02-12-2010, 05:22 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Berger
I purchased my car the week of X-Mas and I didn't know that the picture on the dash that had a picture of a key and a F and E on either side was telling you that your battery in your iKey was low until I read the manual.

So I went to Wal Mart and bought the right battery for both iKeys to start with fresh batteries. Just the other day mine came up again, i'm assuming these should last longer then two months right?

Thanks,
Matt
Do you get the warning using both ikeys?

In general, they should last longer than 2 months. Using the ikey buttons a lot will significantly reduce ikey battery life.

Old 02-13-2010, 07:16 AM
I have been seeing about a year or so. However, I have been noticing that I've been hitting the buttons in my pocket lately (alarm going off, windows half open when I get to my car) so I know I've been using a lot more power lately.

Could be related or could be a problem. Try again and if it continues you should bring it in to have it looked at.

Good luck!

Jay

Old 02-13-2010, 07:38 AM
I haven't really tried the other one iKey since my wife has it on her keychain.

I really don't ever use the buttons on the iKey as I use the button on the door handle to open the doors all the time.

I guess I'll replace it again, maybe it was just a bad battery. If it does it again I'll take it to the dealer, I'm sure that would be a warranty issue?

Thanks

Old 02-13-2010, 10:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think the difference is the OEM batteries that come with car from Infiniti have to meet a higher spec, they must have more battery charge in them. So buying one from the dealer, if they truly sell you Nissan/Infiniti part battery should last longer. It will likely cost more too. It will cost more either way, whether they sell you a duracell/energizer or true Infiniti part so ask to see battery in packaging before you pay for it because if it is just a duracell, you might as well buy it at Walmart. Batteries at Walmart don't really have any minimum charge spec that has to be met.

I have a 2008 G35S 6MT. You have an 08 too. So try this: Just keep using battery you have. Low batt warning turns off after a minute or so. Mine low batt warning has been displaying at start up since April 2009, 10 months ago, and still works fine. From what I have read on other threads on same topic, I think on 2007,2008 G's the low batt warning was set to go off way too early. Battery in my fob has been there since I bought car in March 08, which means my OEM battery has lasted almost 2 years to date. I just don't like throwing stuff out until it is truly used up i guess...

Hopefully you kept previous battery because I bet it has another year of useful life in it.

BTW, I have a spare battery I bought and keep in my brief case for the day one in my fob finally dies LOL!

Last edited by Roadtrip; 02-13-2010 at 10:30 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:55 AM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Roadtrip
I have a 2008 G35S 6MT. You have an 08 too. So try this: Just keep using battery you have. Low batt warning turns off after a minute or so. Mine low batt warning has been displaying at start up since April 2009, 10 months ago, and still works fine. From what I have read on other threads on same topic, I think on 2007,2008 G's the low batt warning was set to go off way too early. Battery in my fob has been there since I bought car in March 08, which means my OEM battery has lasted almost 2 years to date. I just don't like throwing stuff out until it is truly used up i guess...

Hopefully you kept previous battery because I bet it has another year of useful life in it.

BTW, I have a spare battery I bought and keep in my brief case for the day one in my fob finally dies LOL!
I haven't experienced anything like this; my battery warning has only gone off once in the three years I've owned the G. I usually replace them when the remote range drops to the point that I notice. I'd be cautious in letting the warning just run (plus it would bug the crap out of me), why let the remote go dead simply for a $4 battery?

My experience is that each battery will last around a year, so maybe you did get a bad one. Or, does your wife carry hers around in a purse where something might keep a button pushed?

The remote battery

Old 02-13-2010, 05:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Make sure you use the right battery. The one we need is the 2032 and the other similar size is the 2025. They both same diameter 20 mm however the 2025 not as high and the mah is smaller on the 2025.

Believe the 2032 has 22mah
2025 only has 160 mah

So it won't last too long.

Also try not to keep the keyfob too close to your parking car. Like I did in the garage. The fob is communicating to your car and drains it faster.